Specialty Dining at Hasuki or Tepp

Wolff

Booked on the Prima in April.  Tried to reserve a time for Hasuki online and it was charging me even though I have the dining package.  No worries I thought I will just call NCL and make the reservation through them as I have done in the past.

The rep I talked to on the phone told me that Hasuki or Tepp is no longer included in the dining package because its considered a "Dinner AND a Show".  Wow..  Not to happy with NCL on this one.  The funny thing is I used my dining package at Hasuki on the Prima Inaugural transatlantic in September.  So guess NCL just made this change in 2023.  Anyone else experience this?  Or did I just get a rep who didn't know.

I just did a chat with NCL and this was my answer.

Megan (1/10/2023, 3:31:19 PM): Hello LAURIE. Thank you for chatting with Norwegian Cruise Line. My name is Megan. I would be happy to assist you today. 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:32:13 PM): I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM THAT HASUKI OR THE OTHER TEPANYAKI RESTURANT IS STILL INCLUDED IN THE DINNING PACKAGE? 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:32:34 PM): All specialty dining restaurants are included in the Specialty Dining Package, Laurie. 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:32:44 PM): Can you please advise what ship you will be sailing on? 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:33:48 PM): WILL BE SAILING ON THE VIVA IN AUGUST. i WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT  IS NOT A "DINNER SHOW" 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:35:31 PM): HELLO?? 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:36:31 PM): I am still here, Laurie. Please be patient with me as I am also assisting other guests. 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:37:09 PM): Teppanyaki is not considered a dinner show. 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:37:19 PM): PERFECT. THANK YOU 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolff said:

Booked on the Prima in April.  Tried to reserve a time for Hasuki online and it was charging me even though I have the dining package.  No worries I thought I will just call NCL and make the reservation through them as I have done in the past.

The rep I talked to on the phone told me that Hasuki or Tepp is no longer included in the dining package because its considered a "Dinner AND a Show".  Wow..  Not to happy with NCL on this one.  The funny thing is I used my dining package at Hasuki on the Prima Inaugural transatlantic in September.  So guess NCL just made this change in 2023.  Anyone else experience this?  Or did I just get a rep who didn't know.

within the past few days booked for May…no charge

3 hours ago, Wolff said:

I just booked teppanyaki on another ship with no problem - not a show. 

I booked my fixed price restaurants first, then a la cart and was not charged. 

15 hours ago, slakko said:

Fingers crossed for no change... I hit 120 days to embarkation this Saturday and we're hoping to book Hasuki for our anniversary on the Prima.

See post 7. That image is for 4/30 sailing on Prima.  I can reserve it, but I have no idea if it’s using one of our SDP credits and/or we’ll be charged some unknown cover charge amount.  

On 1/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, laudergayle said:

Confirmed Teppanyaki on Epic in February with SDP.  Options for April Prima and November Bliss show as: Cover Charge Applies.  I’m curious what the cost of the Cover Charge is.

Teppanyaki is $59 + grats = $70.80 per person

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:38 PM, twoznuff2 said:

I just did a chat with NCL and this was my answer.

Megan (1/10/2023, 3:31:19 PM): Hello LAURIE. Thank you for chatting with Norwegian Cruise Line. My name is Megan. I would be happy to assist you today. 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:32:13 PM): I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM THAT HASUKI OR THE OTHER TEPANYAKI RESTURANT IS STILL INCLUDED IN THE DINNING PACKAGE? 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:32:34 PM): All specialty dining restaurants are included in the Specialty Dining Package, Laurie. 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:32:44 PM): Can you please advise what ship you will be sailing on? 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:33:48 PM): WILL BE SAILING ON THE VIVA IN AUGUST. i WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT  IS NOT A "DINNER SHOW" 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:35:31 PM): HELLO?? 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:36:31 PM): I am still here, Laurie. Please be patient with me as I am also assisting other guests. 
Megan (1/10/2023, 3:37:09 PM): Teppanyaki is not considered a dinner show. 
LAURIE (1/10/2023, 3:37:19 PM): PERFECT. THANK YOU 

Wow, all caps? Did the system do that or do you just like yelling? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

See post 7. That image is for 4/30 sailing on Prima.  I can reserve it, but I have no idea if it’s using one of our SDP credits and/or we’ll be charged some unknown cover charge amount.  

Either it is free or you paid $70 per person with a credit card. If you paid, you can get an refundable OBC once you are on board if you use your SDP. 

The system only makes reservations. How you pay for each meal is decided at time of dining (SDP, Latitude Vouchers, Other Vouchers, Room Charge). 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it back to this.  Basically yes Hasuki is still part of the dining package.

Here is what I learned.  Never trust the first rep you speak too.  They were wrong.

If you book Tepp or Hasuki you must do it first if you want to use your dining package before booking any other restaurant reservations.  I had booked 3 other restaurants first and then tried to book Hasuki and it triggered to charge me.  Even after I canceled my other ones it wouldn't reset.  So had to have a rep (one that knew what they were doing) book the reservation without a charge.  

Thank you all.  Glad it wasn't as the first rep said.