Mailed Medallion?

Sherbertscamper

Is there really any need to mail medallions?

Picking up cards at embarkation port worked for years..

Princess is trying to cut costs, so why add more? Recently read they are now charging to have medallion mailed unless you have booked Premium/Plus package….why ?????

Probably not my place to moan as we in GB/UK have to pick up our medallion at Embarkation port if travelling to Caribbean, Australia, South America etc.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:20 PM, travmagic said:

My invoice says “DND Free Medallion shipping” but it says 10.00 each for both of us. Kind of confused! 
We have  Princess Plus package.

Never mind.

I have these listings too - one cruise is $4 each and the next one is $14 each but they are shown along with the items being included such as WiFi and Gratuities. It's a charge we are being comped rather than being charged.

Edited by Thrak

On 1/19/2023 at 7:19 PM, Grammyluvs said:

Do my husband and I both have to have the Medallion app on our phones or just one of us?

In reality...neither of you *have* to have the App...but it *somewhat* streamlines things.  There are many posters here on CC that have said they just showed up with their documentation and had no issues.  While both myself and DW have the App installed, my phone is the main one.  You can see all info for both on the one App install.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, Sherbertscamper said:

I figured out what I had not entered in the app. Is there really a charge for mailing the medallions? That charge did not show up on the medallion watch and invoice.

I just ordered mine a week or so ago and there was no charge for the standard no frills medallion and lanyard. 

On 1/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, Grammyluvs said:

Do my husband and I both have to have the Medallion app on our phones or just one of us?

No, you do not both have to have the app.

Only I have the app on my phone. 

With our booking number I am able to fill everything out on the app for his documents too and also order our medallions for both of us, make dining reservations for both of us etc.

I've done everything for both of us on my phone for our cruises. My wife has the app on her phone but it's a poop phone and is extremely slow as far as doing anything with the app. When she wanted to use room service it was faster and easier to do it from the TV.

My husband doesn't even h ave a phone!

Easy to do both check ins on mine with my app

we have the medallions to  o p en the cabin door and to find each other on board but I don't carry my phone around while sailing so don't really u se the app at all!