Navigator in March, heated pools? Cold?

aearly

Hi All,

Haven't been on here [or cruised in] years!

I'm looking into booking a cruise on Navigator out of LA at the end of March but am concerned about the weather.

1) Are the pools heated on this ship?

2) Has anyone sailed out of LA to Ensenada/Catalina in the spring? How was your weather experience?

Thank you!

I can't answer the pool question. I have heard they have been fixed and are now heated, but when we cruised last February, they were cold - the heaters were not working. I can tell you that in March the weather will be cool - think 60's. I live in Hermosa Beach which is in LA County. We have been getting a lot of rain this month so hopefully there will be no rain in March but one never knows. Also, we can also get what are called "Santa Ana Winds". These are nice warm winds that heat up the South Bay (by LA). The temps can get into the high 70's - 80's at the beach if that happens. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aearly said:

2) Has anyone sailed out of LA to Ensenada/Catalina in the spring? How was your weather experience?

Look at the averages for that time of the year at some weather site - that would be a better indication than any single experience.

2 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Weather will be a crap shoot.  Best you could hope for would be high 60's, which isn't bad if it's sunny.  Wind chill might be an issue if the ships moving and you can't block the wind.  Weather will be about the same the entire trip.  

If you are in Rosarito Beach, you would definitely be the person to ask. ☺️ I will say we sailed in April, and it was freezing for 4 of the 5 days. I have never seen so many newly purchased Ensenada sweatshirts on any prior sailing. It was pleasantly warm in Cabo, the day we were there. 

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

If you are in Rosarito Beach, you would definitely be the person to ask. ☺️ I will say we sailed in April, and it was freezing for 4 of the 5 days. I have never seen so many newly purchased Ensenada sweatshirts on any prior sailing. It was pleasantly warm in Cabo, the day we were there. 

Cabo is usually in the 70-80s. So nice! Ensenada not so much. 

On 1/13/2023 at 3:47 PM, Coralc said:

Cabo is always much warmer than Rosarito or Ensenada.  Rosarito has San Diego weather 55 - 75 (coolest at night to warmest during the day) all year round.  I will add that two days ago it was 62, sun was out, no wind, and we were in shorts and t-shirts on our balcony.  

• Thanks 1