Internet access using more than one device

psygist

My cruise package allows internet access using one device. Does that mean one device at a time (could I login using a second device after logging out of the first one?), or must I use the same device throughout the cruise?

Thanks for any info on this. 

48 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

It’s one device at a time.  You just need to log out of your currently used device and then log on to the next one.  I do it all the time (iPhone, iPad, laptop).

This is correct, but IIRC they have made it easier in recent times. Instead of you having to remember to go to Logout.com each time to  manually "switch" devices, if you forget to log off the first device, when trying to log on to the second one, the system sends you a reminder that basically says " You are currently logged on to another device, would you like to log off that one so you can log on to this one?"

• Like 1

We just got off the Sky Princess yesterday and the internet was NOT the best Wifi at Sea however we did learn from staff in the Internet Cafe an easy way to switch devices connected (primarily if you are wanting to switch to a phone/tablet. In the Princess App on your phone/tablet on the bottom right should be 'Profile' and your profile photo if you have uploaded one - click on that and then scroll down to MedallionNet and touch/click there. If you are connected to another device it will tell you and if you want to instead connect the new device, just click the Swap button and it disconnects from the current device connected and connects to the new device.

As I said the internet was not the best but it was still ok to check emails and get iMessage/What's App messages (What's App worked much better than iMessage for iPhone so I used What's App when I could). No way you could stream content easily with the MedallionNet Wifi.

• Like 1

If you don't purchase internet time can you still get access to the intranet?

I assume so since ordering & checking your account is always allowed.

I was wondering so that we could use the WhatsApp for texting & calls to each other. 

31 minutes ago, 555 said:

If you don't purchase internet time can you still get access to the intranet?

I assume so since ordering & checking your account is always allowed.

I was wondering so that we could use the WhatsApp for texting & calls to each other. 

Yep.  The Intranet (ship's internal network system) is what allows all of the functions on the app to work.  It *generally* works pretty well....the internet?  Now that's a different story altogether! 😠

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yep.  The Intranet (ship's internal network system) is what allows all of the functions on the app to work.  It *generally* works pretty well....the internet?  Now that's a different story altogether! 😠

Since we will no longer be purchasing the Plus package after our next cruise, at least having the intranet will allow us to text & call each other should the need arise.

4 minutes ago, 555 said:

Since we will no longer be purchasing the Plus package after our next cruise, at least having the intranet will allow us to text & call each other should the need arise.

If we do not purchase a wifi package, will What's App work for texting family back home while we are on the ship? 

I haven’t used medallion net before. I purchased single device plan for next cruise. What is log on procedure? Do you just click medallion net on the app and then enter  name and cabin number?

On 1/15/2023 at 12:09 PM, NownZen said:

I just tether my other internet devices to my phone so there is no need to change anything.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, jagoffee said:

You. Just have an Android phine?

On 1/17/2023 at 1:07 PM, NownZen said:

There are others?

My response was really bad.  I meant to say that you must have an Android based phone, since you cannot tether wifi with an I Phone.  

I also noticed today that an I Phone does not give you a notification outside of the AP if you have a Chat message.  Our friend’s Android based phone notifies you outside the AP.  (On their main screen)