Help on embarkation at another port

We are supposed to be sailing, as a party of 13, aboard Harmony next Saturday. Sadly, my Brother-in law passed away suddenly yesterday. He was not part of the cruise, but it’s all family members that will be joining us who want to be at the Funeral. We did not purchase  any type of Insurance.  My question is, do you think there is anyway we might be able to board in San Juan if we were all to fly down there? If so, how would you recommend we go about it? From what we’ve read, you cannot do this in advance through RCCL. We did use a TA, if that makes a difference.

Appreciate any advice. Thank You. 

Unless you get RCCL to approve it, no chance of just showing up in San Juan and being allowed onboard.  You are correct that the cruise lines are not allowing boarding after initial embarkation except in very rare circumstances.

I suppose if they thought that you all missed embarkation they might, but pretty hard to prove that a large group accidently didn't make it.  If you had flights through Air2Sea they would even arrange the flight for you.

Any chance that family could postpone the funeral?

I think the rules changed and they no longer allow 'downlining'  (joining the cruise at a port other than the original embarkation port).  I fear you may be about to lose a lot of money since you didn't insure your trip.  😞  

5 hours ago, love2decor8 said:

Thanks for all the replies. We have it all worked out. Now just praying for no snow in Buffalo at the end of the week. 🤞 

Does that mean Royal worked with you or you worked it out and can still go on the cruise from FL?  If Royal worked with you, there are others on these boards who would be interested in what they were able to do.