Shuttle Service

moking

Good evening - we have NCL air offer with the shuttle to LAX airport.  We dock in at 8:00am does anyone have any knowledge of what time do we get off the ship.

Are we the first ones off after the ship has been cleared or can we pick a time to get off.  They have us departing to the east coast at 11:55pm and I don't want to sit at the airport all day and evening.  Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, moking said:

Good evening - we have NCL air offer with the shuttle to LAX airport.  We dock in at 8:00am does anyone have any knowledge of what time do we get off the ship.

Are we the first ones off after the ship has been cleared or can we pick a time to get off.  They have us departing to the east coast at 11:55pm and I don't want to sit at the airport all day and evening.  Any suggestions?

9:30-10:00 is all-ashore. They need to turn the ship and start embarking by 11:00. 

plan on booking a post-cruise shore ex ending at lax. 

Agree that booking a post-cruise excursion that ends at LAX would be your most convenient option but check what time they would drop you at the airport as it still might be way early for your flight.  You could also consider renting a car.  Hertz and Enterprise both have locations in San Pedro very close to the port.  With a car you have luggage storage and can go where you please for the day and return the car at LAX.  In both of these cases it would be redundant for you to be paying for the shuttle to the airport.  I've never used the cruise line's transfers personally so I don't know if you can get it refunded if you choose to rent a car or book an excursion instead. 

Another option would be to get a "day room" at one of the airport hotels (maybe the NCL partnership hotel).  If you booked the partnership hotel, then you could take the shuttle from the ship directly to the hotel ( I have done that several times).

OP ... from your signature, if you are on the Joy disembarking (Miami to LAX @ San Pedro) on a Sunday ... be advised that Hertz' LE location in town is closed on Sunday (Sat 9 am - 12 noon) plus there's a one-way car rental dropoff of $75 for LAX.   There is also apparently, ongoing freeway traffic issues near LAX - allow extra time for everything, check LAX's official website for any related advisories.

A day room nearby is a good idea as almost all of them run free airport shuttles.  With a long afternoon, even if you have airline/club access ... probably not a good idea even if you can get in. 

Checkout the West Coast departure forum here for ideas/tips and/or post there for localized help - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Happy, healthy & safe travel and enjoy your cruise. 

7 hours ago, moking said:

They have us departing to the east coast at 11:55pm and I don't want to sit at the airport all day and evening.  Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

You could also consider renting a car.  Hertz and Enterprise both have locations in San Pedro very close to the port.  With a car you have luggage storage and can go where you please for the day and return the car at LAX.  In both of these cases it would be redundant for you to be paying for the shuttle to the airport.

I had the same flight situation in 2019 and did the rental car thing.  The sights I wanted to see were all up near LAX so we took the shuttle to the airport, were able to check our bags with the airline and then went over to the rental agency to get the car.

The same thing happened to me and my girlfriend we had a late flight back to ohio 

so since we had never been to LA before I booked a tour from tours by locals

it was twelve hour tour he picked us up at the cruise port at 8am and dropped us off at LAX

after we where done touring I wasn't spending 16 hours in a airport learned my lesson about NCl flights from the west coast to east coast they had us leaving at 11:02 pm and getting home at 8:38 am going there was good left at 6:22am and got there at12:05 but there west coast to east coast flights leave a lot to be desired

Edited by jhoover69
additional information