Does Classic Beverage Package Now Include ALL Zero Proof Drinks?

NorthStarStateCruiser

The Classic package includes canned water . Sodas , juices(Not fresh squeezed), premium coffees, teas . 

it does not include smoothies, energy drinks, vitamin water, fresh juices , and sparkling waters . 

I hope this helps . 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 7:03 PM, CruiseCrew123 said:

I asked on another thread and the  answer from someone on board was no it doesn’t include them . Maybe it’s just pot luck who serves you

No, it doesn’t include what?  Any non-alcohol drinks?  Premium waters?

54 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

There has been so much discussion on this so here’s the link to the latest info on the website . With all the cuts Celebrity have made recently they are unlikely to start giving you more in the classic package

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/faqs/beverage-packages

Unfortunately, the FAQ are completely silent as to what non-alcohol drinks are included which is part of the confusion. 

2CE87E3B-9CE8-4020-9CB9-0F65A91D523B.thumb.jpeg.3a5ab0eec8edd5ae11e06d17a613323a.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I’m on Beyond next week . I have the premium package but will specifically ask the bartenders if the premium waters, redbull, smoothies etc are included in the classic package -  will report back 

If you want to go a step further, you could bring a printout of the cruise planner page for the classic package and show what they supposedly are listing as included.  If you did that, you're kind of "that guy" so it's up to you.  I probably wouldn't go so far, but some might.

See this post on another thread of a report from the Apex where someone is able to get Red Bull under the classic package. Maybe they did expand the non-alcohol options on the classic package.  

On 1/20/2023 at 10:27 AM, prmssk said:

See this post on another thread of a report from the Apex where someone is able to get Red Bull under the classic package. Maybe they did expand the non-alcohol options on the classic package.  

Thank you.  I saw this as well, but am unsure whether the bartender was being nice, doesn't know the rules, or the inclusions indeed changed.  I also reached out to Celebrity on one of the social media platforms and this is the response I got.  They are saying the non-alcoholic beverages in the classic package are the same as before.  I'm still not convinced of what is and is not included.

image.thumb.png.c790e7bee52b896f8086bd55f5dc38ee.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm glad I found this thread, I have the same question. We have the all inclusive package. My husband does not drink alcohol but does drink red bull and speciality coffees. It makes sense that the classic package would include the zero proof package, since it's almost twice the price, but I don't want to assume anything.

I know both people in the same cabin need to get the same package, but if the zero proof package is not included in the classic beverage package, does Celebrity make exceptions if someone is sober individual, so I could get the classic package and my husband could get zero proof?  

32 minutes ago, llwccc said:

I'm glad I found this thread, I have the same question. We have the all inclusive package. My husband does not drink alcohol but does drink red bull and speciality coffees. It makes sense that the classic package would include the zero proof package, since it's almost twice the price, but I don't want to assume anything.

I know both people in the same cabin need to get the same package, but if the zero proof package is not included in the classic beverage package, does Celebrity make exceptions if someone is sober individual, so I could get the classic package and my husband could get zero proof?  

Specialty coffees (also called premium coffees) are included in the classic package.  Red Bull is not.

Here is a nice comparison of the classic and premium drink packages (scroll to the bottom of the non-alcohol inclusions):  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

I believe they can make an exception to the rule about both people having the same drink package in some scenarios, if you call.  That said, do the math first.  It may be cheaper to get the All Included cruise fare (especially if you also want Wi-fi) and just pay for the Red Bulls a la carte (depending on how many he will drink).  Both passengers do need to have the same cruise fare.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The zero proof premium selections are NOT included in the Classic package.  Yes if you call and declare one is sober they will downgrade the classic package to a zero proof package for that person.

Thanks -- I'll try to do this. I appreciate your response.

55 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Specialty coffees (also called premium coffees) are included in the classic package.  Red Bull is not.

Here is a nice comparison of the classic and premium drink packages (scroll to the bottom of the non-alcohol inclusions):  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

I believe they can make an exception to the rule about both people having the same drink package in some scenarios, if you call.  That said, do the math first.  It may be cheaper to get the All Included cruise fare (especially if you also want Wi-fi) and just pay for the Red Bulls a la carte (depending on how many he will drink).  Both passengers do need to have the same cruise fare.

Thanks for that link -- yes that makes it very clear. I don't want to change the cruise fare, but i want my husband to have access to the better non-alcholic drinks. I'd imagine since the cost of the zero drinks package is a lot lower than the classic beverage package we may be OK. 

35 minutes ago, rbcud said:

Does the Zero Proof package include non alcoholic wines and Beers? After all they are marketed as zero proof. 

Recent reports have been NO, alcohol free wine and beer is not included in the zero proof package. Agreed that the package name is silly with this being the case.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Recent reports have been NO, alcohol free wine and beer is not included in the zero proof package. Agreed that the package name is silly with this being the case.

Just goy off Constellation and yes, the Somm in Blu was serving (at his suggestion) non alcoholic wine to my underage grand daughters. They had the Elevate package that was downgraded to Zero Proof due to their age.

2 hours ago, rbcud said:

Does the Zero Proof package include non alcoholic wines and Beers? After all they are marketed as zero proof. 

They are not, in fact. Zero proof.  Very low alcohol would be a better descriptor.  They are NOT included in the zero proof package.

45 minutes ago, gotcha3 said:

He said they were included and there was never any charge.

Sometimes you get lucky. Just  like occasionally a sommelier will pour a wine above the package limit and not charge the extra $1 or 2.

Package limit didn’t change just a generous sommelier.  

By the way, for the zero proof cocktails, the watermelon one and the mojito ones tasted okay, not great, but okay.  The other one, I think strawberry banana or something, is absolutely awful and undrinkable.   It tasted like licorice water.   If you want a better tasting "zero proof" cocktail than the ones they offered, just grab a can of sprite or just sparkling water, go up to the buffet and add the free POG (the Hawaiian passion fruit, orange, guava) juice to it!  If you feel fancy, you can even add a few pieces of fresh fruits from the buffet to it LOL.

• Like 1

To be honest, it was the somm on our Reflection cruise....first time in Aqua. We've never looked back and always book Aqua now. Seems to me, if you treat the somm well then good things happen. I've had somms that would tell me straight to my face that this or that wine was not available which of course necessitated a trip to cellar masters to bring back a bottle ('cause I had been drinking it there earlier). That original somm in Aqua on Reflection sold the whole Aqua thing for us. She actually came by the table 3-4 times during each dinner asking after us, this NEVER happened in the MDR. Invariably she'd open the bottle, pour our glasses, then make an excuse to leave the bottle at the table. Wow, treated like adults! After the cruise, we always treat the good ones well. This last Connie Aqua somm, brought the grand daughters the alkie-free wine of his own accord (with parents permission) as they had exhausted the menu of Shirley Temples.

On 7/17/2023 at 10:35 PM, wrk2cruise said:

The zero proof premium selections are NOT included in the Classic package.  Yes if you call and declare one is sober they will downgrade the classic package to a zero proof package for that person.

Children by there age are sober - so therefore they should be able to switch - bet they wont let them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

To be honest, it was the somm on our Reflection cruise....first time in Aqua. We've never looked back and always book Aqua now. Seems to me, if you treat the somm well then good things happen. I've had somms that would tell me straight to my face that this or that wine was not available which of course necessitated a trip to cellar masters to bring back a bottle ('cause I had been drinking it there earlier). That original somm in Aqua on Reflection sold the whole Aqua thing for us. She actually came by the table 3-4 times during each dinner asking after us, this NEVER happened in the MDR. Invariably she'd open the bottle, pour our glasses, then make an excuse to leave the bottle at the table. Wow, treated like adults! After the cruise, we always treat the good ones well. This last Connie Aqua somm, brought the grand daughters the alkie-free wine of his own accord (with parents permission) as they had exhausted the menu of Shirley Temples.

Our experience from the MDR and our Sommelier did come by our table several times with different 'off menu' wines to try... and we found two (2) which were great and she had them there at each dining...

I think it did help that we brought  a few bottles of great wine, which we included her and a few of the other Somm's in tasting, which helped.

Not to say that all of the Somm's we have encountered are this way, but quite a few have been. Then again when there is a full sailing and there are a few passengers who just want wine regardless of the quality or style, passengers like us (you and I) are a breath of fresh air and they want to go above and beyond to provide a great experience...

I Am happy that your experience was a great one and I find quite similar to mine... in fact, when I go to the MDR to figure out seating, I always ask the Maître d' which Somm do they consider to be very good, that is my test of location, location, location... LOL

Thank you for pointing this out, as for many of us, this type of treatment just adds to a nicer sailing regardless of cabin level.

Cheers and bon voyage