Minnesota man indicted for alleged sexual assault on Celebrity Summit crew member

WonderMan3

10 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So many of these types of crimes on cruise ships wind up never getting prosecuted so this was a refreshing change.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/minnesota-man-indicted-sexual-assault-cruise-ship?fbclid=IwAR3Kfujo1TYqLy9kSKwDn9XrgdC__IsGpEpysMSweXXPopSa4oWmk_iTQPk

Thank you for sharing, and thanks to federal authorities for taking this incident seriously.  I hope =X= gave the victim their absolute support.  I'm sure it took courage for him to come forward to his superiors.  

Edited by marieps

This is really awful, and I'm glad there are repercussions, especially for an employee on a work visa whose likely first reaction is not to make waves. 

Also assuming we can expect a "you won't BELIEVE what WE just learned happened on OUR CRUISE!?" video in the next few days from that pair of obnoxious You Tubers on this sailing 🤮

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Glad he got caught.  Since this happened in a public men's room my best guess is this is one of the few places where there are not security cameras

But there are just outside the bathroom, which means the victim's time line can be established, as well as the demeanor of both men as they left the bathroom.  I've had =X= security use those cameras in my favor after a theft.  They are true pros.

Edited by marieps
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marieps said:

But there are just outside the bathroom, which means the victim's time line can be established, as well as the demeanor of both men as they left the bathroom.  I've had =X= security use those cameras in my favor after a theft.  They are true pros.

Absolutely, I'm overall pointing out I'm surprised they got him.  Unfortunately makes you think what else he's done in the past 

4 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

This is really awful, and I'm glad there are repercussions, especially for an employee on a work visa whose likely first reaction is not to make waves. 

Also assuming we can expect a "you won't BELIEVE what WE just learned happened on OUR CRUISE!?" video in the next few days from that pair of obnoxious You Tubers on this sailing 🤮

I think they did a video when this first happened in August.  I live in Boston and a “police incident on a cruise ship “ made the local news.  Those YouTubers will have a click bait field day with this.

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I think they did a video when this first happened in August.  I live in Boston and a “police incident on a cruise ship “ made the local news.  Those YouTubers will have a click bait field day with this.

Of course they did! TBH, nothing will beat them having a screaming-loud 20 minute FaceTime call, without headphones, in the Sunset Bar on our scenic cruising day in Prince William Sound. An actual *chef's kiss* of obliviousness. 

5 minutes ago, marieps said:

I'd like to know how this passenger was handled after the victim reported.  

Same. Cruise lines have a lot of leeway in how they handle criminal manners, but the fact that they referred it to the Feds tells me they took it very seriously. 

6 minutes ago, marieps said:

If it happened today, I hope they would have required him to stay in his room and charge him for room service breakfast and lunch, and require him to eat in the buffet for dinner. 

In all seriousness, this is awful and I'm not happy he's a resident of my home state. What a low life. Don't come back home after you get out of prison.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:13 PM, marieps said:

Toss him overboard!!!

Thats all I have to say.

Edited by destar

On 1/17/2023 at 6:26 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

If it happened today, I hope they would have required him to stay in his room and charge him for room service breakfast and lunch, and require him to eat in the buffet for dinner. 

One would hope that he was held in the brig. Yes, ships have a brig.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Look at that...we didn't put a video out about what happened. It's really sad that key board warriors will spew hate without realizing that we are people, like you, and are on these forums. The throw-up face emoji says everything we need to know about how revolting we must be. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1