Upgrade from Social to Premium after boarding.

jpennin217

21st cruise next month and we know we can unplug so don't need a lecture on that.  This trip we need to keep in contact back home and purchased the Social plan. If this plan doesn't work for us does anyone know if you can just pay the difference between the two to upgrade to premium? Sailing on the Celebration. 

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

according to some previous post about the internet on the Celebration the internet is quite good.

I have heard it is fairly fast and when I searched and it sounds like the Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Panorama have been upgraded to Starlink. But you never know if that is true.

22 minutes ago, jpennin217 said:

OK and it is just the difference in price between the social and whichever one we choose?

Yes.  When you log in to the app there will be options to upgrade.  You can upgrade at any time during the cruise.

39 minutes ago, jpennin217 said:

OK and it is just the difference in price between the social and whichever one we choose?

Keep in mind the onboard price is higher than the pre-cruise purchase price.  If I'm not mistaken, it is the difference you paid for the social plan and the onboard price for the other plans.  If you think you will need the other, it is better to choose it before.  Personally, I never get less than the value plan.

• Like 1

I was just on the Radiance last week for the 4 day cruise, the hubby and I both  pre purchased the Value Plan. When we initially logged in we were offered an upgrade to Premium for $12 total for the cruise. We both took the offer and the Internet worked better than our two previous cruises this year with the Premium Plan on Vista and Panorama.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jpennin217 said:

I have heard it is fairly fast and when I searched and it sounds like the Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Panorama have been upgraded to Starlink. But you never know if that is true.

Well Tom and Cheryl I believe were on the Celebration and got over 60mbps.

they posted a screen shot. After seeing that I purchased the internet for our April cruise for both my wife and myself

Thats fast for a cruise ship

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bar1068 said:

A  follow on question. If you choose to upgrade from say the social plan to the value plan, can you upgrade for just one day, or would it have to be for the remainder of the cruise?

good question. Once you upgrade, it’s for the remainder of the cruise. But yeah, it’s super easy to upgrade in the app and just pay the difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Well Tom and Cheryl I believe were on the Celebration and got over 60mbps.

they posted a screen shot. After seeing that I purchased the internet for our April cruise for both my wife and myself

Thats fast for a cruise ship

yeah, internet on the MG was significantly faster than any ship I’ve been on before. occasionally Safari would bog down (especially on CC), but Chrome never blinked. I even streamed a couple games on YouTubeTV no problem. 

• Like 1