​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

1 hour ago, anankae said:

I caught the helicopter coming in and landing on the helipad. Is posting videos allowed on this forum?

Yes, we heard about the 🚁

I have never heard videos were not allowed. I have posted one or two before 😂.  If you are going to post one please trim it to a short video and if your editor will allow downgrade it to maybe a 720.  When I first posted a video I didn't realize it was 4k.  It can lock up some viewers especially those on cruise internet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skiiergirl said:

How far out did show reservations open?  

Are they only available in the app or can you book them on the website in the Cruise Planner? 

Ours were available at least a month out. We used our app and when we did they showed in the Cruise Planner. We did not try the cruise planner to make reservations so I am not sure.  Maybe someone else can let us know. 

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, I just scrolled through my pictures and can't believe I never took pictures inside the DL. 😐

I found one picture of the DL food at breakfast time, when we were on last May. That’s the only time I went, to get some lattes. 

6C3E619E-2872-4706-93C2-978228CB6EF6.thumb.jpeg.4400ecab2e09af43322be121723f5712.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have never gone there for food.  Do they serve breakfast.?  If so what kind of food. 

Continental Breakfast,  and heavy appetizers 

in the evening are served everyday.  Pretty good.

We love the Lattes there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

How far out did show reservations open?  

Are they only available in the app or can you book them on the website in the Cruise Planner? 

I don't remember how far out, probably a month or more.  I booked all mine on the Cruise Planner online rather than the app.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was headed to the room and noticed we had not left yet. We were delayed leaving because of another medical emergency.  An ambulance came.  No further details. 

I figured it was pier runners when I heard the ship horn at 5:40 (supposed to leave at 5:00).  

Last week was a HEAVY week for ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA.... I heard way more than I usually do.  Not sure if it's the demographic (out of Galveston) or what (I usually cruise out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale).  

I am surprised at how few passengers seem to be speaking Spanish as their primary language -- out of Miami, it seems like half the ship!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have never gone there for food.  Do they serve breakfast.?  If so what kind of food. 

Just things like muffins and pastry. Also some fruit, yogurt cups. Maybe some other stuff but nothing  memorable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I noticed a ship at a far distance.  Someone said it is where Carnival docks. 

Yes, that's the Mahogony Bay cruise port.  Much larger/more developed than the Coxen Hole pier we were at.  And there is a REALLY long walk to meet an outside tour/excursion from that port, compared to the relatively short walk to get out of the port gate in Roatan.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Overall how is the water clarity in Mexico as opposed to other parts of the Caribbean? Could be that the water is just not clear?

We were in Roatan, Honduras, today.  Water clarity is amazing, especially early in the morning when John was out there.  After noon, the water was a bit more churned up, but still pretty amazing snorkeling.  Roatan is in my personal top three snorkeling spots, both for accessibility (snorkel from shore, don't need to pay for a boat excursion) and variety of coral/fish to be seen.

I'm curious to see if any of the videos or pictures that I took with John's GoPro turn out.  I've never used a GoPro before, and it's really hard to tell what's on the tiny little screen, especially underwater!   We might have to wait until he gets home to get the pics off the memory card.  (And we might need to send all the little video clips to @Sea Dog to make into one of his awesome edited movies!)

• Like 9

I had a bit of a heart attack when I got back to my room after eating my salad.  I swiped my card, and I got THE RED LIGHT OF DEATH!!!!!

I swear, my heart missed a beat.... I took several deep cleansing breaths, said a prayer to Allure's Godmother Princess Fiona, and swiped my card again.  GREEN, just like Fiona!  LOL 

PrincessFiona.jpg.0965fe01712bec5c770bd0ab636513f8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

9 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

So far not impressed with these supposed to be

new menus.   It looks like they gave each evening a 

theme name but the food is the same old stuff they

were serving before.  Looks like they cut back on

some of the nicer offerings.

There are a few new dishes, but not many.

Not sure what "nicer" offerings you think they cut back on?

19 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yes, that's the Mahogony Bay cruise port.  Much larger/more developed than the Coxen Hole pier we were at.  And there is a REALLY long walk to meet an outside tour/excursion from that port, compared to the relatively short walk to get out of the port gate in Roatan.

Looking down at our port the construction looked like they are expanding. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

Looking down at our port the construction looked like they are expanding. 

They built the extra pier for NCL. 

I presume the waterpark and activities at the port have all come to a halt? They were really busy working on it while we sat at Captain Jacks pre- Covid. Hopefully the bar has survived outside the port?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yup, nothing memorable. It's all about the coffee machine. 

Seriously, that doesn’t work on most ships most of the time.

certainly not hot food like Celebrity.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

They built the extra pier for NCL. 

I presume the waterpark and activities at the port have all come to a halt? They were really busy working on it while we sat at Captain Jacks pre- Covid. Hopefully the bar has survived outside the port?

There hasn't ever been a waterpark and other activities at the Coxen Hole port.  Are you thinking of Mahogany Bay?