​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

brillohead was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

This is a different perspective on LIVE threads, so please bear with me.  

@Ozark_Kid and @brillohead have never met each other, but we're both going to be on Allure next week, so we decided to do a combination LIVE thread.  It will be the first LIVE thread for both of us, so please bear with us as we learn how this goes.  We're different types of people traveling in different circumstances, so we'll each be offering different perspectives all in one thread.

In my case, I'm actually already on board.  I'm doing a B3B on Allure, and tomorrow's cruise will be my second leg.  I'm traveling solo for all three legs, in a Central Park balcony room (because it was cheaper than an inside room, between my TA's group rates and my C&A balcony discount).  I'm in the same room for this second leg, but I will have to move for my third leg (I added the third week after I'd already booked the first two and was unable to get the same room for all three weeks).  

I'm a pretty boring cruiser -- I spend most days with my Kindle -- so hopefully @Ozark_Kid and his entourage can add some more interesting daily details.  He's in the process of traveling here, so he'll jump in here when he gets a chance. 

As for my day before the cruise, here's my Consecutive Cruiser letter with the details of how tomorrow morning will go for me:

IMG_20230121_073131291.thumb.jpg.d6026d7d9e066529061c7682e49f7a61.jpg

I started my day with a free can of Coke Zero out of my room fridge.  With my Diamond Plus status level, I get three "gifts/amenities" for each cruise, and I chose a six-pack of Coke Zero for all three of them, so I started the cruise with a total of 19 cans of Coke Zero (I also get my single "welcome beverage" can, plus four bottles of water) in my room.  I used to get the soda package on each cruise, but with all the freebie sodas I get from CAS now, I don't bother with that anymore. (I don't drink coffee at all, so Coke Zero is my daily caffeine source.)

I also don't eat breakfast or lunch -- although I do sometimes make an exception and get a salad at Park Cafe.  I do adore a good salad!  This isn't any particular diet method, it just works out for my daily schedule in my normal life.  I'm a Registered Nurse, and I work overnight shifts, so I normally get up and go to work (I'm not hungry when I first wake up), work half of my shift, eat dinner in the middle of the night, finish working my shift, then go home and go to bed.  When I'm cruising, I just shift my waking hours, and 8pm becomes the new 2am and that's when I eat my meal of the day.  That's another reason I don't normally do LIVE threads... I don't have a bunch of meals and snacks to report, just one meal a day.

Anyway, I'm off for a date with my Kindle.  Ta Ta For Now! 

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 41
  • Thanks 2

• brillohead changed the title to ​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

following along.  I'm on Allure next August.  

I am curious if notification was given to arrive an hour late to the pier for this sailing?  I keep seeing folks post they received an email about check in telling them to arrive later.  

• Like 2

@brillohead Thanks for getting it going.  We are flying SW and have made it half way so far, Dallas, with no problem.  We are scheduled to fly from here at 11:00 am to Houston. 

When we arrived at the LR Airport we noticed long lines and the first thing that came to mind was canceled flights when we got stranded in Miami. 

20230121_055708.thumb.jpg.4d86c95f91566b416badc0952d0c9921.jpg

Found out it was people that didn't check in  online.  My asst TA, Sharon, had us covered and we had a quick check in.  After we moved on it was weird the TA line seemed longer than the regular line. 

Once we land in Houston we will Lyft to League City where we will spend the night.  I hear there's a Buckkees there.  😲 Not sure if we will get to go. 

• Like 14

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The time I was involved with a multiple poster live thread it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this. And I would just say that if I were on a b3b I would be seeing Mamma Mia a minimum of three times. 🙂

We really enjoyed Mamma Mia last October.  Can't wait to see your favorite ice skating show, Monopoly!  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, George C said:

Definitely looking forward to reading this, have sailed from Galveston many times but not in last 5 years, sailing in November on Harmony.

Our last cruise before everything closed down was out of Galveston on Liberty after it was amped.  If I remember this will be our 4th Galveston.  Happy they have Oasis class now. 

• Like 3

My son,his wife and two sons (18 and 16)have become Diamond+ on their last cruise, my wife and I will remain Diamond for a couple of more cruises, all of us will be cruising on the Radiance on March 2023

for a 10 days cruise to Panama and Cartagena, I haven’t heard of the gifts/amenities perk consisting 

in your case of a six case of Coke Zero,my question is in the case of my son, will he have  one six case of Coke for each member of his family(4 total)?

2 minutes ago, cruisefoodie1946 said:

My son,his wife and two sons (18 and 16)have become Diamond+ on their last cruise, my wife and I will remain Diamond for a couple of more cruises, all of us will be cruising on the Radiance on March 2023

for a 10 days cruise to Panama and Cartagena, I haven’t heard of the gifts/amenities perk consisting 

in your case of a six case of Coke Zero,my question is in the case of my son, will he have  one six case of Coke for each member of his family(4 total)?

I think the soda option starts at the 340 point level, but I'm not sure.  I'll try to stop and ask the Loyalty Ambassador, unless someone posts the letter here before I get a chance.

49 minutes ago, slyster said:

following along.  I'm on Allure next August.  

I am curious if notification was given to arrive an hour late to the pier for this sailing?  I keep seeing folks post they received an email about check in telling them to arrive later.  

Yes,  seems like a couple months ago. Then they sent something that said, see you at your boarding time.  Our boarding time is 10:30am and that is when we will arrive. I will try to remember to let you know how it goes. @brillohead didn't seem to have a problem boarding last week when she arrived at her scheduled time. 

BTW, didn't you cruise Allure recently. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid