​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm wondering if I could fund my cruise habit by opening a Lipitor concession stand on board. 

That is what funded part of my college days.  I ran one of those concessions at my fraternity. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect a fraternity concession wasn't offering Lipitor. Just sayin'. 🙂

I just saw that.  For some reason, my eyes were reading liquor this morning.  

I noticed when I scrolled back to see where I missed a discussion on liquor concessions. Guess you know where my head is today. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 18

31 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Good morning from on board!  

Can't wait to meet @Ozark_Kid and his wife and friends in the Schooner Bar this morning!  Then I'll take y'all along to the Consecutive Cruisers lunch, which is served in the MDR.  

I'm finally online, and ready to follow you and John along on your cruise this week.  It looks like your combined "live" is off to a great start!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your Consecutive Cruisers lunch, which I will be enjoying for the first time when I do my very first B2B which will be happening for our Bella Cruise.😊

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm wondering if I could fund my cruise habit by opening a Lipitor concession stand on board. 

Now, that is one prescription that I had to get off of!  I've been on  different cholesterol meds for several years now.

Back to back procedure completed. We met in the MDR on deck five by 9:30, and they gave us an envelope with our new SeaPass card.

Just before 10:00, we were paraded out through the gangway by the Champagne Bar, and they collected our old cards because they think we are morons who can't figure out which card is the old one or the new one. This caused a bit of a delay, because many people had their cards on a lanyard and they had to finagle the card off the lanyard to relinquish it.

Down the gangway, through the Facial Recognition for Customs/Border Patrol, and wait in line to get back on the ship. Back on board at 10:22. I spoke with an officer about the waste of time in gathering the cards and making us go to Guest Services to retrieve our old card, and he offered to have my old card sent to my room so I didn't have go to Guest Services. We'll see if he follows through.

Muster stations weren't open yet, so I'll take care of that after I meet up with @Ozark_Kid. I'm camped out in the Schooner Bar, and they have a list of Texas Beverages out. This is to comply with the Texas liquor tax laws.

IMG_20230122_102646317.thumb.jpg.f420ee0329f26291aed1c6c9fc6df202.jpg

IMG_20230122_102712140.thumb.jpg.213d93653e56aea55153855eff472e1c.jpg

Looks like they started boarding around 10:30...loud 80s music jamming in the Promenade to greet the new cruisers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Looks like they started boarding around 10:30...loud 80s music jamming in the Promenade to greet the new cruisers.

80s pop music?  Any country music thrown in, since you are sailing from Texas?

1 hour ago, CruiseMomTX said:

I like Chick-fil-A breakfast but they aren’t open today & last time Whataburger took forever. Buc-ee’s it is today. 57654D7A-B0C8-46BA-A146-AA65101FDEAF.thumb.jpeg.56803f08b6418b7e4898c2919f3b1356.jpeg

You made the right choice!  We'll be there in 2 weeks.  Brisket sandwiches here we come.  Yum!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Back to back procedure completed. We met in the MDR on deck five by 9:30, and they gave us an envelope with our new SeaPass card.

Just before 10:00, we were paraded out through the gangway by the Champagne Bar, and they collected our old cards because they think we are morons who can't figure out which card is the old one or the new one. This caused a bit of a delay, because many people had their cards on a lanyard and they had to finagle the card off the lanyard to relinquish it.

Down the gangway, through the Facial Recognition for Customs/Border Patrol, and wait in line to get back on the ship. Back on board at 10:22. I spoke with an officer about the waste of time in gathering the cards and making us go to Guest Services to retrieve our old card, and he offered to have my old card sent to my room so I didn't have go to Guest Services. We'll see if he follows through.

Muster stations weren't open yet, so I'll take care of that after I meet up with @Ozark_Kid. I'm camped out in the Schooner Bar, and they have a list of Texas Beverages out. This is to comply with the Texas liquor tax laws.

IMG_20230122_102646317.thumb.jpg.f420ee0329f26291aed1c6c9fc6df202.jpg

IMG_20230122_102712140.thumb.jpg.213d93653e56aea55153855eff472e1c.jpg

The excitement mounts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad you are getting your old seapass back. I'd be really annoyed if I couldn't have mine back. 

28 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yeah, I would not have handed it over

The only time I had to totally "relinquish" my sea pass was when inter porting on Allure in the Med [2 embarkation ports -- Barcelona and Roma]....😢

• Like 1