​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

These new cards are a joke.  On our Harmony cruise last month, since I ride the FlowRider with the thing in my zip pocket, I had to go thru 3 on an 8 day cruise.  They are not saving money.  When I went to guest services at low times, I bet half the people in line were getting cards reprinted.  

The concierge in the DL can also print out replacement sea pass cards.    So much easier than going to Guest services (unless no line). 

• Thanks 7

Following.

Thank you for the reviews.

So I noticed  on the one menu from the MDR, that 

you posted, I did not see french onion soup or shrimp cocktails,

offered.   

Is Allure starting with the new menues Royal Caribbean 

is implementing on all ships soon??

Edited by LATTELOVE

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The concierge in the DL can also print out replacement sea pass cards.    So much easier than going to Guest services (unless no line). 

Good to know.  Of course, I only saw the concierge 1 time on my last cruise.  

I don't normally eat breakfast or lunch, but I do miss the Tutti Salad that they used to have for sea day lunch in the MDR in "the before times", so I went to Park Cafe to get a salad, and they were PACKED!

IMG_20230123_134914152.thumb.jpg.1c6b19eba115ff1d4e6604d45836ff0a.jpg

I brought the salad back to my room to eat while catching up on this thread.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Following.

Thank you for the reviews.

So I noticed  on the one menu from the MDR, that 

you posted, I did not see french onion soup or shrimp cocktails,

offered.   

Is Allure starting with the new menues Royal Caribbean 

is implementing on all ships soon??

Yes, they had these new menus last week, too.

They have French Onion Soup and Shrimp Cocktail offered on several nights, but not every night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Entertainment looks a little on the light side….No bands playing at night?  And love and marriage @ 2:30 in the afternoon?  We skip it unless there’s nothing else going on in the evening but certainly not leaving my deck chair for it.  

The Oasis class ships have been doing Love & Marriage mid-afternoon a lot lately.  Last week it was literally Standing Room Only, with people splitting up and taking random empty seats just to have a place to sit.

Not sure why you think there are no bands playing at night, though?  Dazzles and Boleros and Jazz on Four all have live bands every single night, plus there is a singer and/or piano person most of the time in the Pub and in the Schooner Bar, plus some sort of music in the evenings in Central Park for a few hours, and also the nightclub with a DJ for the late hours.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Now that they have starlink, do they still do either Surf or Surf and Stream?  If so, are your speed tests the Surf and Stream version?

When I purchased on Black Friday, all they offered for sale was Surf and Stream.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Need to remember to take a couple of pair of pants/leggings/sweatshirt for the first and last sea day for our cruise the 5th.  It can be chilly in the gulf. 

I can tell there are a ton of southerners on this cruise, because of all the people wearing full on winter coats around the ship.  My Michigan blood is looking at them all and thinking, "Bless your heart....."!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 17

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

The Oasis class ships have been doing Love & Marriage mid-afternoon a lot lately.  Last week it was literally Standing Room Only, with people splitting up and taking random empty seats just to have a place to sit.

Not sure why you think there are no bands playing at night, though?  Dazzles and Boleros and Jazz on Four all have live bands every single night, plus there is a singer and/or piano person most of the time in the Pub and in the Schooner Bar, plus some sort of music in the evenings in Central Park for a few hours, and also the nightclub with a DJ for the late hours.

What type of music in Dazzels?  Is that like the music hall on Oasis?  Boleros is not my thing and while we usually listen to Jazz on a cruise, an hour or so is all I can do.  I’ll fall asleep….We do enjoy the Pub but the  schooner bar is dependent on who’s the player.  On December cruises Grandeur was a sleeper but Oasis was very good.  

Yes Royal is usually very good about live music in the evenings.  

34 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yes, they had these new menus last week, too.

They have French Onion Soup and Shrimp Cocktail offered on several nights, but not every night.

Thank you for a quick answer.

It's a bummer for us.  We are one of those people that 

loved to order those 2 items every day on our cruise.

How do you like the new menus so far??

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You left out the pub which normally has a guitar player , we love jazz club and all the music options, that’s why I keep on coming back to oasis class about every other cruise.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

What type of music in Dazzels?  Is that like the music hall on Oasis?  Boleros is not my thing and while we usually listen to Jazz on a cruise, an hour or so is all I can do.  I’ll fall asleep….We do enjoy the Pub but the  schooner bar is dependent on who’s the player.  On December cruises Grandeur was a sleeper but Oasis was very good.  

Yes Royal is usually very good about live music in the evenings.  

From what I saw flipping through the app, it's a different decade every night.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you for a quick answer.

It's a bummer for us.  We are one of those people that 

loved to order those 2 items every day on our cruise.

How do you like the new menus so far??

The new menus are okay... my biggest gripe is the complete loss of the Apple Blossom dessert.  

I also think they need to do away with their idea of "theme nights"... 

Mexican night has Escargots and Spaghetti Bolognese on the menu.
Caribbean Night has the Asian-Style Pork Bao Tacos, French Onion Soup, and Pesto Tagliatelle on the menu.
Italian Night has Spiced Lamb Kofta, NY Strip Steak, and Coffee Pot de Creme on the menu.
French Night has Calamari, Seafood Linguini, Spring Pea and Asparagus Risotto, and Cappuccino Chocolate Cake on the menu.

If you're not going to have all the French stuff on French night and all the Italian stuff on Italian night, what's the point???

I think they should have kept some of the most popular "classics" on every menu like it was before.  They also need to learn what to call their food.... the Pulled Pork Enchilada is actually a very dry burrito.

Some of the food was a keeper, and some needs to either go entirely, or find a new recipe.  The Spinach and Artichoke Dip was runny and flavorless.  The Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie was good (basically a ramekin of half-baked cookie dough).  The Lamb Kofta needed a knife... I'm not used to meatballs that are so tough they need to be cut with a serrated knife.  

Hopefully they listen to their passengers and tweak it as time goes on.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, George C said:

You left out the pub which normally has a guitar player , we love jazz club and all the music options, that’s why I keep on coming back to oasis class about every other cruise.

Not sure why you think I left out the pub?

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

,plus there is a singer and/or piano person most of the time in the Pub and in the Schooner Bar

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I can tell there are a ton of southerners on this cruise, because of all the people wearing full on winter coats around the ship.  My Michigan blood is looking at them all and thinking, "Bless your heart....."!!!!!

All I have seen laying out by the pool and in the Solarium all day are southerners.  I have even kept my eye out for a Yankee. The all others were spread out inside the ship like the Windjammer....... Or staying warm in their room posting on CC 😂 Bless their hearts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All I have seen laying out by the pool and in the Solarium all day are southerners.  I have even kept my eye out for a Yankee. The all others were spread out inside the ship like the Windjammer....... Or staying warm in their room posting on CC 😂 Bless their hearts. 

My wife who was born and raised in Buffalo has gone soft , her best friend and spouse from Buffalo were visiting New Years weekend, they all had sweaters or light jackets when temperature was about 60 , I was in my short sleeve Bills shirt . I was born and raised in New York City, but in Dallas for over 40 years. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Mexican night has Escargots and Spaghetti Bolognese on the menu.
Caribbean Night has the Asian-Style Pork Bao Tacos, French Onion Soup, and Pesto Tagliatelle on the menu.
Italian Night has Spiced Lamb Kofta, NY Strip Steak, and Coffee Pot de Creme on the menu.
French Night has Calamari, Seafood Linguini, Spring Pea and Asparagus Risotto, and Cappuccino Chocolate Cake on the menu.

If you're not going to have all the French stuff on French night and all the Italian stuff on Italian night, what's the point???

What in the world? That makes no sense. I agree with you.

• Like 4