Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

ip was that you??? LOL

Instead of re-ordering, it was easier to dress down a staff member... go figure.

bon appetit and bon voyage

Not me. Sometimes my eggs are over medium and sometimes they are a little more or a little less.  I always eat them and never complain.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:54 AM, Pinboy said:

LOL--- So, one day we were chatting with a couple after lunch at the Spa Café .Never met them before . After a bit of " small talk ", the lady asked what room we were staying in ( Verandah -- 8th floor ).

I'm thinking " What's the difference ? Just tell me if you like the food, how many cruises ya been on, yes we do get a lot of snow, and it's very nice that your granddaughter graduated 1st in her class, etc etc".

Purposely, we did not ask where their room is , yet , immediately she " pipped up " that they were in a suite ( can't remember what level ) and would we like to see it ?

" No thanks---maybe another time ". What the hell do I care where their room is ?

Then, I started to think  -----  Maybe they----NO---she can't mean that !!

The Suite Mafia strikes again!!!😁

On 1/28/2023 at 3:18 PM, randomcruise said:

I am not sure what there is not to believe.  The requirement to pay for room service for anything other than a continental breakfast can be seen with one's own eyes on the Celebrity App and has been verified by multiple posters here, complete with pictures of the Room Service menu showing the pay items.  The reduction in offerings in the MDR can also be seen in the current menus in the Celebrity App compared to the prior menus in the Celebrity App, and have also been verified by several posters here and elsewhere.  The reduction in offerings in the evening buffet can't be seen in the app but again have been verified by multiple posts, some including pictures or video, here and elsewhere. I suppose one could still choose not to believe all of those cutbacks are not real despite the overwhelming evidence they exist, but I don't know why one would do so. 

Alex....Ill Take "My head is buried in the sand for $1000....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichYak said:

The GI issues in that thread are being reported from only 1 ship. Concerning for sure, but not fleet wide.

Here are some of the "cut-back" complaints in that thread for perspective vs Celebrity:

• No Cholula hot sauce
  • No HP steak sauce
  • Diet coke was difficult to find
  • Brisket/roast beef instead of corned beef on the reuben sandwich
  • Whipped cream instead of clotted cream for the scones
  • The oysters were too small

I'm not sure if I would characterize these replies as disastrous but I guess you view things through a different lens. It's probably the same lens that causes you to miss all of the current/recent passenger reports of cutbacks on this board.

No HP sauce....Im done🤬 with Celebrity!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RichYak said:

The GI issues in that thread are being reported from only 1 ship. Concerning for sure, but not fleet wide.

Here are some of the "cut-back" complaints in that thread for perspective vs Celebrity:

• No Cholula hot sauce
  • No HP steak sauce
  • Diet coke was difficult to find
  • Brisket/roast beef instead of corned beef on the reuben sandwich
  • Whipped cream instead of clotted cream for the scones
  • The oysters were too small

I'm not sure if I would characterize these replies as disastrous but I guess you view things through a different lens. It's probably the same lens that causes you to miss all of the current/recent passenger reports of cutbacks on this board.

Diet Coke being hard to find is really not a good thing!!!! esecially for people with Diabeties..

4 minutes ago, TiredofTheGame said:

No HP sauce....Im done🤬 with Celebrity!!!

2 minutes ago, TiredofTheGame said:

Diet Coke being hard to find is really not a good thing!!!! esecially for people with Diabeties..

These weren't Celebrity issues. They were responses to a question about food and cutbacks on the Oceania board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

You have a habit of putting words in people's mouths, something you admitted doing to me last time and apologized for. I felt your apology was empty then, yet I accepted anyway, and here you are doing it again at your first opportunity, confirming its emptiness for me.

I didn't "minimize" anyone's concerns as you alleged. I merely listed them because all you provided was your "disastrous" interpretation, which I thought was excessive. I left it to anyone reading to draw their own conclusions.

Lastly, you are the one that chose to bring all the dirty laundry from that post here to the Celebrity board. I have no idea why, perhaps for your own surreptitious reasons, or maybe it's just personal. That post made no mention of comparisons to Celebrity, it was merely an isolated question posed on that board. Yet here we are...

I thought you were purposely trying to show items most would consider more trivial cuts.  I know I would not worry too much about the items you selected for your list.  I probably wouldn't notice those things.  But if they eliminate hash browns at b-fast, then it is gloves off!    

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I thought you were purposely trying to show items most would consider more trivial cuts.

I believe it was a fairly comprehensive list. I don't feel that I cherry picked the trivial ones. I can recall one other complaint in that thread about the veal being tough, but that's not an example of a cutback, so I didn't list it. I would add, these were complaints brought up only in response to a question. It's not a dominant topic on that board.

I encourage you to go read it. It's still on the first page on the Oceania board. Decide for yourself if you would refer to the cut backs there as "disastrous."

Edited by RichYak

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I believe it was a fairly comprehensive list. I don't feel that I cherry picked the trivial ones. I can recall one other complaint in that thread about the veal being tough, but that's not an example of a cutback, so I didn't list it. I would add, these were complaints brought up only in response to a question. It's not a dominant topic on that board.

I encourage you to go read it. It's still on the first page on the Oceania board. Decide for yourself if you would refer to the cut backs there as "disastrous."

Aw, then I really missed the point.   Thanks for clarifying.   I admit, I am not on top of what exactly is driving some of this discussion.    

On 1/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, NMTraveller said:

Yet when you compare Princess MDR menus to Celebrity MDR menus, the Princess menu wins out easily.

The food reviews on the X ships are just totally sad right now.

Just goes to show how much personal preference comes into play here. My experience on a November sailing on the Discovery Princess was that the MDRs were subpar. I ended up taking most of my evening meals in specialty restaurants. There was also norovirus on the ship.

A few months earlier on X, dining and service were definitely superior to that on Princess. I would also choose HAL over Princess based on my experiences last year. Sometimes it depends on the ship but my ranking in that category of cruise lines would be X, then HAL, and finally Princess (in last place). 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, Bo1953 said:

I do want to point out that one of our prolific posters, on this topic, started one similar on another board with disastrous (IMO) replies there, yet I have not read here (unless I missed it) where current/recent passengers report that there are cutbacks, poor service, illnesses being reported of gastro intestinal disturbances from eating at the buffet and named dishes which did not meet expectations...

I take it that when postings did not confirm suspicion that this situation was exclusive to X, no need to talk about the findings here...

I'd actually thought that the thread from the prolific poster to whom you refer was one titled 'Which cruise line has the worst food?'. The prolific poster resurrected that thread after 3yrs of no activity on it to ask "With the cuts Celebrity have made I wonder if Celebrity is at the bottom?"

I don't think the responses were as hoped though - the only mention of Celebrity in follow up posts was someone saying the specialty dining on Celebrity rivals Silver & Viking. Many posts saying the worst food is found on HAL, NCL, Carnival, MSC. 

After constant statements from the prolific poster on this board about how the Princess MDR menu looks so much better than the Celebrity one, I don't know how that jives with someone then ranking the Princess MDR food in last place behind RCI and Carnival. 

• Haha 1

Currently on Constellation.  Future cruise desks have been packed the whole trip.  This should tell CC readers that the current passengers are happy with their cruise experience.  And I suspect their happy enough with the food whatever their cabin and dining room is.   Crew has been terrific.  Overall a very enjoyable cruise in an almost full ship.

15 minutes ago, APFBarb said:

Currently on Constellation.  Future cruise desks have been packed the whole trip.  This should tell CC readers that the current passengers are happy with their cruise experience.  And I suspect their happy enough with the food whatever their cabin and dining room is.   Crew has been terrific.  Overall a very enjoyable cruise in an almost full ship.

We have family on the cruise with you, and they emailed us asking about the Equinox for 2024 so we expect they rebooked for next year. They previously had sailed Holland until the Galopagos on the Flora last year.

Hope you don't miss your flights due to the fog. They already rebooked to fly out tomorrow.

Currently on the Equinox.  OV for lunch has been fine—grill station open as well as carving station.  The ship is totally full so very crowded.  We are in Blu where the portions are smaller but fine in quality.  Menu seems smaller in choices.  We have been able to order off the MDR menu if desired.  Folks seated around us who opted for premium drink upgrade are very unhappy.  The bars have a “bulliet” /Jack daniels franchise and so many premium whiskeys and bourbons listed on the premium alcohol list are not stocked.  Given the average age of those sailing on 10 nights and more, this is a real issue.  The bartenders shrug.  The wines are abysmal.  If you like nice wine, bring your own onboard—two bottles per cruiser—we carried ours on in a wine bottle bag.

4 minutes ago, PRH said:

Currently on the Equinox.  OV for lunch has been fine—grill station open as well as carving station.  The ship is totally full so very crowded.  We are in Blu where the portions are smaller but fine in quality.  Menu seems smaller in choices.  We have been able to order off the MDR menu if desired.  Folks seated around us who opted for premium drink upgrade are very unhappy.  The bars have a “bulliet” /Jack daniels franchise and so many premium whiskeys and bourbons listed on the premium alcohol list are not stocked.  Given the average age of those sailing on 10 nights and more, this is a real issue.  The bartenders shrug.  The wines are abysmal.  If you like nice wine, bring your own onboard—two bottles per cruiser—we carried ours on in a wine bottle bag.

This seems to be a theme with X since the restart.  Over-promise and under-deliver. 

Abysmal in terms of wine is more subjective though.  Do they not have the advertised offerings of premium wines?  Didn't see significant issues there in 4 post-covid sailings. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

This seems to be a theme with X since the restart.  Over-promise and under-deliver. 

Abysmal in terms of wine is more subjective though.  Do they not have the advertised offerings of premium wines?  Didn't see significant issues there in 4 post-covid sailings. 

No, the premium wines on the list are not, for the most part, available.  They push the Celebrity branded wines as premium.  Or the Decoy.