My Time Dining larger group reservations

ajm

We have a group of 10 with My Time Dining.  I am trying to make reservations in advance on the web site but it only allows me to select a maximum of 8 individuals.  Is this the max you can do for My Time Dining?  I'm trying to avoid sitting on the phone so don't want to call in if it is indeed the max.  We may have to switch to reserved seating if we all want to dine together.

Yes, you can only have 8 max on-line. It did not do me any good to email or call dining services. I was told to go see the MTD manager as soon as I boarded to add the others to our table, which worked like a charm! We had a huge round table for 10 every night in MTD! Perfect! Good luck and cheers!

You will need to set a time for this each night, as well.

Edited by SilkySal
add

55 minutes ago, dateacher said:

We have My Time for 11.  We made one reservation for 7 and one for 4 (both for the same time)  and our TA linked the two so we will have one table.

Even though your reservations numbers are linked, I suggest you visit the MTD desk one to clarify that you’d like to combine those two reservations into one big table.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Even though your reservations numbers are linked, I suggest you visit the MTD desk one to clarify that you’d like to combine those two reservations into one big table.  

Thanks, I had planned on that because I don't trust that it will be done correctly.

Just now, dateacher said:

Thanks, I had planned on that because I don't trust that it will be done correctly.

Good.  Although the reservations are linked, the dining room would not necessarily assume you want one big table.  Your group wants one table, but some other group might have a good reason to seat Uncle Jerry and Aunt Mable at different tables, while everyone else moves and mingles different nights😉

14 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, you can only have 8 max on-line. It did not do me any good to email or call dining services. I was told to go see the MTD manager as soon as I boarded to add the others to our table, which worked like a charm! We had a huge round table for 10 every night in MTD! Perfect! Good luck and cheers!

You will need to set a time for this each night, as well.

Thank you... I'll give this a shot

I cant decide which dining to do. I am going on with my wife and 3 boys aged 6-10 on Harmony, so waiting for a table can get very annoying but we also don't know if we ant to miss pool time with the 5:30 seating. What would be the ideal time to eat in order to see the earlier shows in your opinion? If we do traditional  can we request a table for just us? Have others had problems waiting for MTD if they had reservations? Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, BK79 said:

I cant decide which dining to do. I am going on with my wife and 3 boys aged 6-10 on Harmony, so waiting for a table can get very annoying but we also don't know if we ant to miss pool time with the 5:30 seating. What would be the ideal time to eat in order to see the earlier shows in your opinion? If we do traditional  can we request a table for just us? Have others had problems waiting for MTD if they had reservations? Thanks in advance. 

I suggest you do early dining even though it might be a bit earlier than you would like.  You can request a medium table now.  Two to three weeks before the cruise email your request for a table just for your party to rcldining@rccl.com. 

MTD on Harmony will not open until the early traditional diners start to file out of their meal (under the new, not improved IMHO MTD system early dining uses a dining room then MTD gets that dining room)…so MTD probably starts about 6:30-6:45…and that timing may conflict with many of the show times your boys would utilize.  I switched to early because of the new system and often saw long lines for MTD as I exited.

If you cannot bear to drag them away from the pool some days, there are other venues, such as windjammer if you miss your early dining.  Be careful, some youngsters like that better😉.

We are recently off of Harmony for NYE sailing. We had a party of 12.

-As soon as I boarded I went to MTD reservation desk for GROUPS. Slipped the guy a $20. He reserved me the same spot for 12 ppl every night. 

We maybe only waited 5 minutes max to be seated nightly, as opposed to when I sailed with my wife and my parents. We would que up in line to be seated and averaged 20-30 minutes to be seated.

One night my wife went to let them know we were here in the MTD line , guy told her it would be about 45 min wait. So I proceeded to the other desk (front right desk in MTD) and checked in with my guy. We were seated within 5 minutes by our head waiter.

(to make it easy for the person making the reservations for you , be sure to write down all the room numbers so they can make reservations quicker for you)

Good Luck!

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

we had a party of 12 also on the Oasis. We didn't know any better so we all just went to the dining room. After about 10-15 minutes we got a table and maitre'd came over an told us if we got there about 7 every night we could have that table.

All but one night we got our table. That night we were one table behind our original table.

Maitre'd was great. He took good care of us and gave us a glass of champagne on 2 of the nights.

• Like 1