Jewel cabin 9256

colesc15

From what I've found online, while a lot of it is old, this appears to be one of the more coveted cabins on this class of ship, am I correct? The balcony looks massive and while you're by the crew stairwell, shouldn't really impact anything. 

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Always a favorite.   Just completed B2B on twin sister Serenade last month.  

This was another twin sister Radiance in Alaska viewing Hubbard Glacier.   🙂 

We are booked an aft balcony on deck 9 for later this year on Serenade. I was looking at the deck plans and it looks like there's an aft stairwell, but no elevator. Is that correct? If so, is it a long walk to the mid elevators? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We are booked an aft balcony on deck 9 for later this year on Serenade. I was looking at the deck plans and it looks like there's an aft stairwell, but no elevator. Is that correct? If so, is it a long walk to the mid elevators? Thanks!

I'd be interested to know if that is a publicly available stairwell. If so, does it end before the MDR or descend into the MDR?

41 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I'd be interested to know if that is a publicly available stairwell. If so, does it end before the MDR or descend into the MDR?

From my understanding, it's a crew stairwell on the hull of the ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

WP_000119.jpg

So what you're saying is when it's available, it should be grabbed asap lol 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, queeniemi said:

Can you get a cup of coffee before 6:30 in the morning, always wake really early!

24 hour coffee station on deck 11 (pool deck) just outside of the Windjammer on the port side of the ship

47 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

It is a crew stairwell, and you would only get to use it if the ship was sinking😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Measured it out once, and it is ~100 yards to the elevator bank. BTW, the stairwell is for crew only.

Wow, so a football field length. My husband has some trouble walking long distances. I should have noticed this when I booked the cabin but I'm used to ships having three sets of elevators: forward, mid and aft. 

1 hour ago, SplashOfWater said:

Yes, a very long walk to the elevators/stair wells.   Does not bother us...those desserts do work on you on a cruise....so it helps.  😉  And keeps the foot traffic way back there to a minimum.  

The aft stairwell is for crew members only....and for pax to use only under an emergency.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

Noooooo  definitely not a public stairwell.   Crew members only.   Though not really a lot of them use it.  it.  It's for emergencies only.  We got yelled at one time when we stuck our heads in there.  😮 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

Wow, so a football field length. My husband has some trouble walking long distances. I should have noticed this when I booked the cabin but I'm used to ships having three sets of elevators: forward, mid and aft. 

I don't know of any RCI ships that have aft elevators.   Forward and mid ship only. 

16 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

You can always call to change your cabin, no charge as long as same category.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Shhhhhh....it's our secret.  😄   

Disclaimer:   Long walk back there..... but oh so worth it.  😉 

Love me some afts! We're in a junior suite in navigator next month on the 10th floor aft that I'm excited for even with the metal structure. At least being on deck 10 helps eliminate seeing it. As soon as I saw this one available on jewel I knew I wanted it. 

• Like 1

On Odyssey it's a long walk to the aft balconies. 

Radiance class is much smaller so much less of a walk.  I was recently on Jewel in a different aft balcony and I could look down the hall and see the "make up room" magnet on my cabin door from the lobby entrance to the hallway so it's not that far.  🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Love me some afts! We're in a junior suite in navigator next month on the 10th floor aft that I'm excited for even with the metal structure. At least being on deck 10 helps eliminate seeing it. As soon as I saw this one available on jewel I knew I wanted it. 

Enjoy!   Bucky is a "sun lizard" and loves that big open balcony.    I love the extra light it sends into the cabin, and it's wonderful for seeing both sides of the ship....and "where you have been".  😉 

19 hours ago, island lady said:

WP_000119.jpg

Hope it comes with this wonderful gentleman who we have been reading about in your posts!🤣🤣😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twangster said:

On Odyssey it's a long walk to the aft balconies. 

Radiance class is much smaller so much less of a walk.  I was recently on Jewel in a different aft balcony and I could look down the hall and see the "make up room" magnet on my cabin door from the lobby entrance to the hallway so it's not that far.  🙂 

We are going to be in a deck 8 aft on the Jewel in March. Very excited about it, since I have not had an aft balcony on this class of ships.