RCL 2025 Season

Hi guys! 

Does anyone know when the schedule for 2025 is being released for 2025 for Aussie port departures for RCL?

Also do you think we might get an Oasis class ship?

Finally thinking of cruising again post getting married and having kids and I've got a big birthday in 2025 to celebrate lol.

4 hours ago, RubySlippers85 said:

Hi guys! 

Does anyone know when the schedule for 2025 is being released for 2025 for Aussie port departures for RCL?

Also do you think we might get an Oasis class ship?

Finally thinking of cruising again post getting married and having kids and I've got a big birthday in 2025 to celebrate lol.

1, 24-25 season should be out around March 

2 , No oasis class,we just don’t have the market for one.

3, Don’t get married 

I agree with Chili, just don't tell anyone.

Slightly different, Royal's Australian seasons usually released in late April.

A lot of water between here and Oasis class.

Congrats at getting life under control. Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your life cruising with your partner.

2 hours ago, RubySlippers85 said:

Thanks guys!

On another note - so you guys get better deals booking directly with the cruise line or through travel agents?

Just to note we aren’t allowed to name agents here,I’ve been warned.

My personal experience is a online agent is cheaper,I think 10-15% cheaper but I’m sure someone is going to say I’m wrong.

The way I see it they whole sale it to the agent and it saves them hiring staff.

The service isn’t there but if you know what you want that doesn’t matter.

Edited by Chiliburn

4 hours ago, RubySlippers85 said:

Thanks guys!

On another note - so you guys get better deals booking directly with the cruise line or through travel agents?

Can be either. Jump on to Royal's site and do a dummy booking, then email your agent of choice for a quote on the same cabin category. 

57 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Did my research today - Ovation & Quantum are sister ships, main difference is Quantum is 2 years older.  Curious as to why Quantum is struggling with bookings and Ovation is not -  Thoughts?

To the OP, enjoy your future cruise.

One is cruising from Sydney, the other from Brisbane. A Royal ship has been a regular fixture in Sydney for close to 20 years, but have previously only had one season based in Brisbane.

At this stage, Royals international cruisers would also prefer to cruise from Sydney, and given the ship amenities are close to identical, those in Sydney are less likely to pay for flights to Brisbane for a near identical cruise experience.

Maybe Quantum bookings would have also been more solid had Carnival not dropped Luminosa along with her bargain fares into Brisbane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Did my research today - Ovation & Quantum are sister ships, main difference is Quantum is 2 years older.  Curious as to why Quantum is struggling with bookings and Ovation is not -  Thoughts?

To the OP, enjoy your future cruise.

I think Brisbane is struggling to fill cruise ships at the moment because we have 4 ships running out of there & so many people still don't have the confidence yet to cruise...unless they are die-hard cruisers like us on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

I think Brisbane is struggling to fill cruise ships at the moment because we have 4 ships running out of there & so many people still don't have the confidence yet to cruise...unless they are die-hard cruisers like us on here.

Part of the problem in Brisbane is the cruiselines didn't advertise their cruises early enough.  Then, when they started cruising, they changed the itineraries, due to Covid.  I'd love to cruise again from Brisbane, but I have other plans booked until winter.  Then the ships will be gone north!

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Part of the problem in Brisbane is the cruiselines didn't advertise their cruises early enough.  Then, when they started cruising, they changed the itineraries, due to Covid.  I'd love to cruise again from Brisbane, but I have other plans booked until winter.  Then the ships will be gone north!

I also wondered if the market had been saturated by the different cruise ships, especially the 7 night Queensland coast cruise, since they couldn't go to the East or the Islands 🤔

42 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I also wondered if the market had been saturated by the different cruise ships, especially the 7 night Queensland coast cruise, since they couldn't go to the East or the Islands 🤔

Yes, I agree the limited itineraries were a problem.  Carnival's Luminosa cruise from Brisbane further afield to Fiji seems more popular.  

22 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I think it might help if there were some different itineraries between the ships but they are all doing very similar. Hopefully that improves in the future...wishful thinking I know.