NCL Pearl Thermal Spa Package

oracer

Looking to book the Pearl in May out of Boston going to Bermuda.   I do not see Spa Balcony Rooms and was wondering if that is an option as it is on most of the NCL bigger ships.  Do you just purchase a room and go to the Spa and purchase a thermal pass?  If so, anyone previously done that and how much you played.  The thermal spa does look decent as like the other ships, just has the saunas and steam rooms separate for men and women.  

42 minutes ago, oracer said:

Looking to book the Pearl in May out of Boston going to Bermuda.   I do not see Spa Balcony Rooms and was wondering if that is an option as it is on most of the NCL bigger ships.  Do you just purchase a room and go to the Spa and purchase a thermal pass?  If so, anyone previously done that and how much you played.  The thermal spa does look decent as like the other ships, just has the saunas and steam rooms separate for men and women.  

No "spa rooms" on small ships. And the Thermal Suites are small without all of the bells and whistles of the big ships. We always book a Thermal Suite pass on the small ships. 

Since the sauna and steam rooms are unisex, clothing is optional and there is likely going to be a few giggly bits out 

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Per person. Again, I'm doing this off of memory so I might be off.

Way off. For my April trip on Pearl it is 199.00 per person.

Thermal Suite Pass

Thermal Suite Pass

Refresh, recharge and relax. Experience the ultimate in heat and water therapy at the Thermal Suite and enjoy the resplendent views.

• STARTING FROM $199.00
  • Prices vary based on voyage length.

DURATION UNLIMITED

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On the Pearl 3/31-4/7 and the price was $248 for the week. Didn’t get to enjoy it, but when I saw the thermal spa, wish I had jumped on this early in the trip. It looked really nice and relaxing. When I got my massage Day 5 At Sea, was quoted $88 for one day or $128 for two days. Picture of the mention in freestyle daily. 

D2EBE6AE-F648-43C5-8032-954547A01FAF.jpeg

Edited by jannie711

We were on the Pearl in Dec- and purchased Thermal Spa Passes- as it was wonderful on the Getaway. Very disappointed with the Pearl. First the Saunas are in the single sex locker rooms, as is a jet tub & cold tub.  Will say the view from the sauna is lovely but it's single sex.  Also if you have any sort of mobility issues- getting into the tubs in the locker room as well as the hot tub in the main area can be difficult.  The thermal pool can't compare to the ones on the bigger ships.  Not all of the jets worked on our cruise.  We ended up get a partial refund for my hubby as he was only able to use the sauna & thermal loungers.  ours was a 10 day cruise & think it was around 250.  The rate is depends on ship & length of stay- the smaller ships do have a the cheapest rate.  It doesn't seem like they raise the price once on board & if they haven't sold out they usually have day passes for $79. 

We were on the Pearl sailing last week and I had purchased Thermal Spa before the cruise for $199.  Waste in my opinion.  We could never get a thermal lounger, it was always very crowded.  I would never purchase the spa again.

4 hours ago, Marine Mom said:

We were on the Pearl sailing last week and I had purchased Thermal Spa before the cruise for $199.  Waste in my opinion.  We could never get a thermal lounger, it was always very crowded.  I would never purchase the spa again.

This is why a lot of people say YMMV. We were on the same trip and did not have any trouble getting a lounger. I guess it depends on what time of day you go. Once when we went, the therapy pool was more crowded than I like. I was able to relax on one of the loungers until the crowd cleared out a bit. Just about 15-20 minutes. 

I really like to finish my time in the suite with a 15 minute session in the sauna. Love the views from there and I like that it is not in the main area. Only once there was another woman in there with me. My husband and I do the saunas last and meet back at the room. He showers at the spa while I head back to the room to shower there.

So it was worth it for me. That said, I only purchase the passes on cruises where I know there is going to be some cooler weather. Otherwise it is too much time spent indoors for me.

• 10 months later...

Just perusing the web regarding a head massage and most results were about the thermal spa. I'm more interested in a complete head hot towel shave and massage, however if I need to use the thermal spa too, cha-ching that's a bonus.

I don't know squat about massages so the menus offered do the same to me as trying to decipher bad penmanship.

Anyone have any stories they want to share? Leaving Wednesday on a family cruise. My first since the shutdown.