Inhale Room at Sea Thermal Suites - how do you know if working?

TourDeCruise

We just returned from Beyond on Sunday where we had Aqua Class and access to the Sea Thermal Suites (spa). We had been on the Apex in the past, and the Inhale Room operated differently on Apex. On Apex, it was a little warmer and the unit ejected traces of salt into the room. We could see traces of salt on the benches and floor and could smell/taste it in the air. We felt it was very beneficial for keeping clear, relaxed lungs. The Beyond Inhale Room did not seem to do anything. It was slightly warm but no ejecting of salt and no traces or tastes/smells of the salt and sitting in the room did not seem to produce any benefits. We reported this to the receptionists and later to management, but basically, they just said that is the way it is. Does anyone have experiences with the Inhale Room on the Edge-class ships, and if so, what was your experience? Could you tell it was beneficial or sense the salt in the air?

I believe you have a point on which to reach out to Corporate on, the comparison between two (2) ships...

Call The Presidents Office to relate your experience and comparison between the two (2) and get their input and feed back on this...

You have a good case, for sure...

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

We just returned from Beyond on Sunday where we had Aqua Class and access to the Sea Thermal Suites (spa). We had been on the Apex in the past, and the Inhale Room operated differently on Apex. On Apex, it was a little warmer and the unit ejected traces of salt into the room. We could see traces of salt on the benches and floor and could smell/taste it in the air. We felt it was very beneficial for keeping clear, relaxed lungs. The Beyond Inhale Room did not seem to do anything. It was slightly warm but no ejecting of salt and no traces or tastes/smells of the salt and sitting in the room did not seem to produce any benefits. We reported this to the receptionists and later to management, but basically, they just said that is the way it is. Does anyone have experiences with the Inhale Room on the Edge-class ships, and if so, what was your experience? Could you tell it was beneficial or sense the salt in the air?

I had the same experience as you. I thought I just didn’t get it. ☺️

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 12:08 AM, Bo1953 said:

I believe you have a point on which to reach out to Corporate on, the comparison between two (2) ships...

Call The Presidents Office to relate your experience and comparison between the two (2) and get their input and feed back on this...

You have a good case, for sure...

In health and bon voyage

I am not going to waste my time with Celebrity management just to get a non-answer like I got from spa management on the ship. I am looking for guest experiences at this point.

• Thanks 1

It’s a gimmick. In order for the salt inhalation to really have any benefit, one has to inhale this for several minutes a day for many days in a row. But the atmosphere is nice. 

I remember once on Equinox there was eucalyptus infused in the steam room. That did much more in 10 minutes that any salt room has done (for me) in a lifetime. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 9:38 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

It’s a gimmick. In order for the salt inhalation to really have any benefit, one has to inhale this for several minutes a day for many days in a row. But the atmosphere is nice. 

I remember once on Equinox there was eucalyptus infused in the steam room. That did much more in 10 minutes that any salt room has done (for me) in a lifetime. 

I didn't feel that the Inhale room on Apex was a gimmick, and I felt it was beneficial. The room on Beyond though . . . . a gimmick or just doesn't work.

27 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

I didn't feel that the Inhale room on Apex was a gimmick, and I felt it was beneficial. The room on Beyond though . . . . a gimmick or just doesn't work.

It's the same room on all the three E-Class ships. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 9:38 PM, TourDeCruise said:

We had been on the Apex in the past, and the Inhale Room operated differently on Apex. The Beyond Inhale Room did not seem to do anything. 

The “inhale” rooms.  I guess Bill Clinton could not go to these.  😁

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Yes, but does it function consistently on all three? Or do some work, and some do not?

That's a different question which I don't have the answer to. 

What's more circumspect is the Crystalarium. What does this room do? 

Screenshot_20230131-193345.png

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I surprised they don’t have Gemstones Suites 

Here is the meaning of gemstones , our teenage granddaughter is into them

https://newmoonbeginnings.com/crystal-meanings/

I found this also on the Edge, no salt. They had no clue how a salt room works. I go to a local salt suite 3 days a week at home it is great and really helps clear my lungs. I lay in the salt room for 45 minutes per session and come out with a fine layer of salt on me which is easy to dust of. On the Edge I could see no salt anywhere in the room, so no one bothered to add salt.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I surprised they don’t have Gemstones Suites 

Here is the meaning of gemstones , our teenage granddaughter is into them

https://newmoonbeginnings.com/crystal-meanings/

Yes they have that also...crystal room. It is for relaxing I guess some people believe it has healing powers maybe it does.

Edited by southernbreezes

On 1/31/2023 at 7:35 PM, kwokpot said:

I really can't say what the crystal does, but there are many people who believe in the power of crystals and the ability to heal. There was a light scent, and it was warmer in there than the Inhale room. I used it to cool down from the sauna or steam rooms.

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 6:09 AM, southernbreezes said:

I found this also on the Edge, no salt. They had no clue how a salt room works. I go to a local salt suite 3 days a week at home it is great and really helps clear my lungs. I lay in the salt room for 45 minutes per session and come out with a fine layer of salt on me which is easy to dust of. On the Edge I could see no salt anywhere in the room, so no one bothered to add salt.

That is my thought too. They didn't know what they were doing on Beyond or just didn't add the salt. My Apex experience was like your local salt suite. The Inhale room on the Apex had traces of salt on the floor and benches, and I would taste salt if I licked my lips. I also felt it helped my lungs. When my husband said he was going to question them on Beyond, I told him they will just say we are out of the salt or that is the way it is supposed to work. He asked, and they said that is the way it is supposed to work.

• Like 1