Switching devices with Voom

megs193

How easy or hard is it to switch devices if I only buy the internet package for one device?  My son and I both do Duolingo daily and don’t want to lose our streak so I would need to switch the internet from my phone to his for about 10 minutes a day. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, megs193 said:

How easy or hard is it to switch devices if I only buy the internet package for one device?  My son and I both do Duolingo daily and don’t want to lose our streak so I would need to switch the internet from my phone to his for about 10 minutes a day. Thanks!

It's very easy. I shared my mom's last cruise and when you login, it just tells you that you're going to kick someone else off. Then when the other person wants on, they just login and it does the same. 

Insert duolingo memes in comments | Fandom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You don't even need to log out. Just log in with the 2nd device and it will ask if you want to log out the other session.

On my December Oasis sail, maybe because I was going in and out between my phone and laptop, that I had to log out especially from the laptop.

Have had a few cases where typing or using the logout.com link goes to external site and doesn't log off locally in the onboardicafe.com site.  Sometimes need to go to an incognito browser to do it.  Probably an issue with the cache.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 9:47 AM, jalves said:

At times I have difficulty getting the login window when switching from device to device.  Often have to resort to re-setting the wifi connection.  

Now that you mention, I had to do that also.

3 hours ago, Tan1415 said:

Does Voom work when you use hotspot?

to use it on 2 devicesz

Yes, but I found it more time consuming, got dropped occasionally, and the device using the hotspot connection was much slower.