LIVE - To Vero Beach and (then the) BEYOND -- January 29, 2023

mac_tlc

Thank you for this trip report. If you wouldn't mind could you report whether the situation in the attached photos has changed. I think this is deck 3 right outside the restaurants. There is obviously furniture and/or artwork that is missing. For a ship that's designed and decorated in every nook and cranny this space is just WIERD. It's as if they just threw a few chairs there because what was supposed to be there is either damaged or never arrived. And if this is supposed to be like that, why so few seats and why placed in such an awkward manner? Just curious if anything's changed since November to this space. Thanks!

PXL_20221031_133146320_2.jpg

PXL_20221031_133045823.jpg

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Gotta say, the OV is mobbed for breakfast, at least at 10am. Unfortunately, it’s all you got at that hour. Luminae is only open 7:30 - 9:00, even on sea days. That really is insufficient. As I recall is was until 10:00 on sea days. Not everyone is up at the crack of dawn, just sayin. 

Cosmopolitan is the MDR for breakfast and it also is only open 7:30- 9:00.

mac_tlc

I’d head to Elite breakfast instead! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Thank you for this trip report. If you wouldn't mind could you report whether the situation in the attached photos has changed. I think this is deck 3 right outside the restaurants. There is obviously furniture and/or artwork that is missing. For a ship that's designed and decorated in every nook and cranny this space is just WIERD. It's as if they just threw a few chairs there because what was supposed to be there is either damaged or never arrived. And if this is supposed to be like that, why so few seats and why placed in such an awkward manner? Just curious if anything's changed since November to this space. Thanks!

PXL_20221031_133146320_2.jpg

PXL_20221031_133045823.jpg

We have dinner in Eden tonight, I’ll take a look on deck 3 before we go there. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That looks like an underutilized American Legion Hall. An odd space indeed for a brand new cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Well it looks pretty much the same. 

Here is Deck 3:

3821D4BC-3471-44B2-85A8-2321F5B3F411.jpeg

A701927E-418A-40D1-9DCA-2D27EB133E02.jpeg

8E5CBD5A-C860-485F-9957-47F7CDEA1EFA.jpeg

And just as stunning is Deck 4:

B3A46BF2-ED9E-45FB-A1E0-B7A88ABDC551.jpeg

EDC06EFB-4004-4F57-B6B8-D1F370DEB577.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

So, the Luminae menus for Day 3:

Tonight:

FDDEB92A-865A-4C6B-99B7-481B36DA1CFD.png

E65A7F4E-E311-424A-86AB-785643F04679.png

Last year:

0B2E64C1-241C-47F0-A93B-0F5CA9DC8611.jpeg

As with the first two nights, same number of apps and entrees, with minor changes to the specific offerings.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

Today was a relaxing sea day as we make our way to Costa Maya tomorrow. 

Luminae for lunch today was very good and not crowded. Later in the week I will give you my opinion between Luminae on Edge/Apex vs. Beyond. 

My DW loves herself a good slot machine so we pre-paid some slot credits a few months back. $50 for $55 in credits. These are promotional credits so you must play all $55, but you can suck out any winnings along the way. Being as I would cut and run as soon as I’m ahead, it’s a race between me hitting the “cash out” button and her hitting the “repeat bet” button. What we decided to do is cash out occasionally or when there was a bonus win and see where we stood after we blew through the $110. So far we have played $95 and we have almost $300 in cash from the cash outs. Not bad but plenty more days to go! We also have a bit more OBC, which I’ll talk about later. 

Dinner tonight was at Eden and it was fabulous, probably the best meal I have ever had at sea, although Palo on DCL is close but probably #2. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

For your reading pleasure, here is the Celebrity Today for Day 4.

F4D50913-F57E-4CD3-B305-C32A8DDD123D.jpeg

C5C34F48-541A-4C61-A027-9D327412A32B.jpeg

8867D27D-3911-4BA2-904E-E21FFE4C4B22.jpeg

EAB052A5-21A8-443E-83D3-10C0A265BE79.jpeg

Normally we would head to Maya Chan, but tomorrow we will wander aimlessly around the port area for a while, probably grab a drink somewhere and head back to the ship. Arrival time isn’t until noon. Two other ships will be in port with us tomorrow. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Being as I would cut and run as soon as I’m ahead, it’s a race between me hitting the “cash out” button and her hitting the “repeat bet” button. What we decided to do is cash out occasionally or when there was a bonus win and see where we stood after we blew through the $110. So far we have played $95 and we have almost $300 in cash from the cash outs. Not bad but plenty more days to go! We also have a bit more OBC, which I’ll talk about later. 

My husband is the gambler in the family but usually we'll play his promotional slot play together so I can help him 'keep' his winnings. We'll do a mental count of the winnings and hit cash out whenever it totals more than  $10-$15.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

So, the Luminae menus for Day 3:

Tonight:

FDDEB92A-865A-4C6B-99B7-481B36DA1CFD.png

E65A7F4E-E311-424A-86AB-785643F04679.png

Last year:

0B2E64C1-241C-47F0-A93B-0F5CA9DC8611.jpeg

As with the first two nights, same number of apps and entrees, with minor changes to the specific offerings.

mac_tlc

Three appetizers and two entrees with seafood. A little heavy on the fish for those of less inclined.

9 hours ago, yokoboy said:

How was the Retreat Sundeck today on a sea day?  Were there available loungers?

I was up there around 2ish and there were a ton of available loungers with many shaded. 

11 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Three appetizers and two entrees with seafood. A little heavy on the fish for those of less inclined.

True, that’s where the “classic” menu items are another option .

mac_tlc

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:06 PM, mac_tlc said:

My son has gotten me into Whiskey/bourbon after 40 years of mainly beers. Retreat Lounge seems to have a decent selection: Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, Bulleit, JD, Gentleman Jack, Wild Turkey 101, Monkey Shoulder, Glenlivet 12, and a couple more. 

Here’s a Wild Turkey 101, a healthy pour indeed.

B4D9B034-0812-4D85-A3E2-31F83C62F7DA.jpeg

My adult children have also introduced me to more hard liquor than I ever drank in my own youth.  I went into a liquor store in the 80s, and there was just plain vodka.  Now there are dozens of them.  It boggles my mind!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

Thanks for the great trip report and for posting the Dailies.  I'm interested in learning if the OVC is as scaled back at dinner as others have reported.  Thanks!

I plan to take a look maybe tonight and report back.

• Like 1