The telephone number to call for an air deviation request, please!

Travelgrrl

Hi, this is my first Norwegian cruise and I'm navigating the Free At Sea offers. I opted for the airfare, which was about half of what I would typically pay. However, when  booked directly with NCL , I did not ask to come into Miami a day early.  I guess I was laboring under the delusion that the ship would wait for a planeload of NCL cruisers, should there be a delay - but lately there have been so many air travel snafus that I'm pretty sure it no longer operates that way, if it ever did. I definitely would like to arrive a day early, as I do when I arrange my own airfare.

I need to ask for a deviation by 1/30/23 at the latest. The only problem is that I don't know what number to call, and I've been all over the NCL website looking for it. There's a number for custom air (can't afford that) and another number listed for things like deviations but the website indicates that number is only for emergencies (stuck at an airport, I presume).  Does anyone know the proper number to call for airfare deviations?  I'm sincerely hoping this is free, and that requesting this change will not mess up the things I've already booked as part of the Free At Sea package (fancy schmancy dinner, various shore excursions, etc).

My other question is not as pressing, but I opted to remove the Free Drinks package because the tax was about $250 and I wouldn't drink that much in liquor in a week's cruise.  I do however enjoy a frosty Coca Cola here and there, and I believe I read a thread where someone was able to switch their free liquor package for a free pop package, again paying only the 20% tips.  Is this possible?  How would I do that?  I guess I could just pay full freight for the pop package - but if I can score that in exchange for the much more valuable free drinks package, I'd be happy.

I've been on dozens of cruises, but this will be my first alone, and first on NCL!  Booked in a Studio cabin but put teensy bids on an outside room and a balcony room - but am happy to have any stateroom!  Thanks in advance, fellow NCL cruisers!

You could also call the general reservations desk.  The cruise consultants there should be able to add that for you.  Just be sure to get a fresh copy of your cruise confirmation emailed to you and confirm it shows the deviation, before you get off the phone with them!

As others have suggested you could just call the main number, (866) 234-7350, as they should be able to help with everything. Using the chat is an excellent idea.

Just be aware that the airfare through NCL, they control everything, so you don’t have any choices as to the time of your flight or which airline. I’m coming from San Francisco I was warned that my flight could be anytime & could even be a Red Eye so I decided to make my own reservations. 

Keep us posted as to how things go. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

It was easy for me, I called our TA.

As for the soda package, would they ask for proof if you said you had a medical condition, for instance you were takin a prescription drug for which alcohol would cause a bad reaction? 

I did it!  First of all, they can only do an air deviation via the chat feature before final payment, so that didn't work for me. She gave me the regular customer service # above and I called it, dreading a long wait on hold. But I was immediately connected to an agent who sorted it out.

He said that now I would be arriving via a hotel not booked through NCL, that I couldn't use the transfer I'd paid for. I asked if it would work if I shuttled back to the hotel on my sail date.  Guess I'll have to find a shuttle as I had my identity stolen after I used Uber for the first and last time!

So he refunded me $25 for the first transfer, and $25 because apparently it's a hassle to get everyone there the same day, and it's easier on NCL and therefore a little bonus.

My only concern is that the confirmation page indicates "Fort Lauderdale" under the line for the deviation.  I know they can send you either place, but I was really hoping to fly into Miami itself and use a free hotel shuttle to a nearby La Quinta, then a relatively inexpensive shuttle to the port. I'm guessing it's quite a bit more expensive to shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to the Miami port?! 

I'm a poor librarian so have to budget to travel!  🙂

32 minutes ago, Travelgrrl said:

I asked if it would work if I shuttled back to the hotel on my sail date. 

I assume you meant airport here?  It should work, I've done it twice in LA.  I flew in the day before, used the hotel shuttle from/to the airport and use the cruise line shuttle to the cruise port from the airport on cruise day.  One of those times was with NCL's perk airfare (at the time it was free or reduced cost flights, not BOGO) and by the time we had decided to possibly not use their shuttle it was too late for them to remove that cost from the booking.

Yes, I meant airport - thanks for translating for my scrambled brain!

I swear I that heard others that did that!  Well, too late now because they comped me back the $25 I paid for the shuttle to the ship but I've priced shared shuttles from MIA or FLL to the Miami port and they're both around $20-$25 for a single traveler.

I guess I'll wait to find out what airport I'm flying into, and then make my hotel and shuttle arrangements.

Edited by Travelgrrl
duplicate word

@Travelgrrl I sailed from Miami last March.  I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West (it's actually right near the La Quinta).  That hotel offered a free airport shuttle and a cruise port shuttle that cost a fee that I don't think was that high.  I chose Uber, which was $45 for the trip to the cruise port from the hotel, plus a tip and allowed me to get to the port on my schedule.

I booked my own flights so I knew which airport I was flying into.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1