Bud Light Cooler Bags

We purchased one of these at a poolside bar onboard (decent savings) and were told we could get the same discount for purchasing additional 6 packs on that cruise or future cruises... of course this was a few years ago and I haven't seen this in writing, so I'm curious if anyone has tried this.

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

These are now available in Gifts and Gear. Has anyone bought it? Are they the 16oz cans or 12 oz?

If a Bud Light is $7.50+18% on board… but a 6pack with a bag is $43.99… that sounds like a pretty great deal!

It appears that Royal has switched from 16oz Bud Light aluminum bottles to the 12oz size.

47 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

Hmmm interesting! I wonder if you can bring the cooler & beers off the ship to Coco Cay? The description says it’s “perfect for outings,” but does that mean excursions?

I bring a small cooler on board with me and any leftover coupons from the night before, I redeem them for Bud Lights and take them ashore to the beach on my last visit to Labadee.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

It appears that Royal has switched from 16oz Bud Light aluminum bottles to the 12oz size.

I bring a small cooler on board with me and any leftover coupons from the night before, I redeem them for Bud Lights and take them ashore to the beach on my last visit to Labadee.

Leftover coupons from night before? Not following???

16 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Leftover coupons from night before? Not following???

D gets 4 drinks a day, D+ gets 5 a day, Pin gets 6 a day.  We seldom use all our status drinks but you can redeem them before 5am the next morning like this.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:07 PM, gwatson7 said:

Thanks for this OP. We just picked up the package and got Truly Hard Seltzer for $43.99. March 11 sailing. Great deal!

Was very strange, logged in today to look again and it said "seven left" of the Truly bags. Wonder if they really do limit how many they sell on a sailing. Was wondering if it just made sense for us to get multiple and stock our fridge. 

16 minutes ago, mtsublueraider said:

Was very strange, logged in today to look again and it said "seven left" of the Truly bags. Wonder if they really do limit how many they sell on a sailing. Was wondering if it just made sense for us to get multiple and stock our fridge. 

Probably an inventory issue with how many of those coolers they keep in stock 

ETA:  We bought a couple of the Bud Light packages for our March Anthem cruise, but the cooler packages aren't even showing as an option on our July Quantum Alaskan cruise.  Hopefully that will change.

Edited by The Fun Researcher

2 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

I totally just bought 2 more of them LOL

I mean, it totally makes sense! We have a corner aft balcony and as long as the fridge (and not the cooler) can keep it reasonably cold it'll be a great way to sit and watch the waves go by. Just wish there were more options for beer. I know they tried that small liquor bottle and soda package but that didn't seem to be as good of a deal as this appears to be. 

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Probably an inventory issue with how many of those coolers they keep in stock 

ETA:  We bought a couple of the Bud Light packages for our March Anthem cruise, but the cooler packages aren't even showing as an option on our July Quantum Alaskan cruise.  Hopefully that will change.

That's a good point. You mean for this upcoming March? Am curious if it'll be 12 or 16oz cans. They don't specify. 

We just got back from a 4-day cruise on Mariner. I had prepaid for the Bud Light bag. Nothing was delivered to our cabin on Day 1. I called Guest Services that evening and the lady said they would email the Bar Manager and it would be delivered in the morning. Day 2 nothing by 1pm, so another call to Guest Services. The lady apologized and said she would contact the Bar Manager. Still nothing by the end of Day 2. I went to Guest Services after breakfast on Day 3 and the lady called the Bar Manager, but no answer. I asked for a refund since this was becoming a hassle and we only had two days left in the cruise. The credit appeared on my onboard account. I hope others have better luck receiving the bag.

I've ordered another Bud Light bag for our March 3 cruise. Fingers crossed!

48 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We just got off Mariner and there were only 12oz cans of Bud Light and the bars.

Royal switched from 16 oz aluminum bottles to 12 oz cans.  You can get 16 oz Red Stripe or 25 oz Fosters, which is the best deal.

• Like 1