Crown & Anchor for Kids Turning 18

LuCruise

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

They purchase their own soda package.  They also pay the normal adult pricing and treated like children.  

Why pay for a soda package if you get four or five free sodas every day?  That's a LOT of soda for a kid, IMO!

Unless you just want them to be able to have the "fun" of playing with the Freestyle Coke machines, I guess....

Edited by brillohead

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Grandkids are Diamond because their parents are Diamond. 
the parents are Diamond because they inherited it from their parents (grandparents) 

This is the phenomenon that I referred to above that is hurting the program. 

There are instances that I have personal knowledge of that are even worse. Inherited status being carried over to 3rd and 4th parties following divorce - that really baffles me. 

Just chiming in again.  Even though I agree that there are issues with the current setup of reciprocation and grandfathering, I can say I have NEVER (that I know of) been impacted on my cruise by how many D, D+, or Pins are on any given cruise.  It's been a total non issue and hasn't impacted us at all.

I'm curious if that will change as we get Diamond in March and then start having access to the lounges and benefits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The cost to Royal for all the drink vouchers and other perks starts to add up to the point that it cuts into the bottom line.

I see your point, but in reality the cost to Royal for the 10 drinks my wife and I get is maybe, what, $25?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Just chiming in again.  Even though I agree that there are issues with the current setup of reciprocation and grandfathering, I can say I have NEVER (that I know of) been impacted on my cruise by how many D, D+, or Pins are on any given cruise.  It's been a total non issue and hasn't impacted us at all.

I'm curious if that will change as we get Diamond in March and then start having access to the lounges and benefits.

Now that you can get the drinks at any bar at any time of day, there's really no big need to go to the Diamond lounge (at least, I haven't found one).  

I go in there to print luggage tags when I'm doing a S2S, but that's about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It has been known to happen that sometimes RCI fails to keep up with someone's age, C&A points and C&A status. Keep an eye on your son's status after he turns 18 and you attain Diamond status. I would not be shocked (or even mildly surprised) if your son turns Diamond when you do.

12 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Nice.  You mean stay silent and just see?  We have a cruise booked end of the year which will bring us to Diamond.  There is no reason anyways for me to reach out and let them know he turned 18 . 

Not to put a damper on this, but we just got to diamond in March before our oldest turned 18 in Sept. When I look at his profile now, he has the diamond status but points reverted back to his own 56. Before September, his points still matched ours at 90. Doesn’t mean that it won’t happen but the system adjusted his pretty quick. 

35 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Not to put a damper on this, but we just got to diamond in March before our oldest turned 18 in Sept. When I look at his profile now, he has the diamond status but points reverted back to his own 56. Before September, his points still matched ours at 90. Doesn’t mean that it won’t happen but the system adjusted his pretty quick. 

That’s the way it’s supposed to work

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nelblu said:

Yes, but also on the plus side it encourages them to be loyal to Royal.

Not always

my daughter has her eyes set on pinnacle and moaned that I booked a cruise on Celebrity. After celebrity she’s not quite so loyal to Royal (especially if we are paying lol)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OACAggie said:

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, from the confirmation in this email, that's what I expect to happen.  He'll keep as Emerald (doesn't do much though) and points revert back to just the ones he actually accumulated. A bit frustrating but a JS or another cruise between March and his bday in April isn't feasible.  It is what it is and guess maintaining parents status is until 18 a bonus...and great when parents get to Diamond by then.

• Like 1