Phone Call to Celebrity having problem downgrading Classic Drink to Premium Non Alcoholic Package

NJRonbo

8 minutes ago, samiams2 said:

So does the “revised premium” still include the premium coffees, and smoothies? We are sailing on Millenium 2/3 and upgraded to premium in November 

It looks like there is no longer a non-alcoholic package divided into standard and premium.

There is only one non-alcoholic package and it's called ZERO PROOF.  The good news is, this single non-alcoholic package now includes all the premium waters (such as San Pellegrino and Vitamin Water) as well as the premium coffees and smoothies.  

This is the best place to see exactly what you get with each drink package

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

So, yes, to answer your question, if you have the premium alcoholic package, it includes the premium coffees (available on all packages) and smoothies.

Edited by NJRonbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

It looks like there is no longer a non-alcoholic package divided into standard and premium.

There is only one non-alcoholic package and it's called ZERO PROOF.  The good news is, this single non-alcoholic package now includes all the premium waters (such as San Pellegrino and Vitamin Water) as well as the premium coffees and smoothies.  

This is the best place to see exactly what you get with each drink package

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

So, yes, to answer your question, if you have the premium alcoholic package, it includes the premium coffees (available on all packages) and smoothies.

Looked there before I posted but on my phone can’t see much of anything 🤦🏼‍♂️

thx!

1 minute ago, PJB3 said:

It looks to me like the classic package includes all non alcoholic drinks now.  It says zero proof frozen cocktails.  Anyone know if this includes smoothies?  It seems to me it would? 

If I am correct at what I am seeing, I don't think so.

The classic drink package does not include zero proof cocktails such as smoothies, frozen cocktails, vitamin and premium water (such as San Pellegrino).  For that you need to either upgrade to the premium drink package or downgrade to the zero proof package which then excludes you from the inclusion of alcoholic drinks.

• Thanks 1

From the drink package FAQ's.   I would think non drinkers could pretty easily get a statement from their Doctor that they don't recommend them to drink alcohol.

Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

From the drink package FAQ's.   I would think non drinkers could pretty easily get a statement from their Doctor that they don't recommend them to drink alcohol.

Recovering alcoholic or medical issue that does not allow guests to consume alcohol. – A Zero Proof drink package will be added.

That is an interesting inclusion in the FAQ

If that were the case, then there would be no need for an individual with a medical condition to have a classic or premium drink package.  

So, I would think the outcome would be the same as mine where an arrangement could be made to switch from the classic package to the Zero proof package.

It worked for me, though not easily.  It took a few phone calls for someone to understand what needed to be done.  That person went to her Supervisor, I was on hold for 10 minutes, and then I was downgraded.

Edited by NJRonbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 4:57 AM, NJRonbo said:

That is an interesting inclusion in the FAQ

If that were the case, then there would be no need for an individual with a medical condition to have a classic or premium drink package.  

So, I would think the outcome would be the same as mine where an arrangement could be made to switch from the classic package to the Zero proof package.

It worked for me, though not easily.  It took a few phone calls for someone to understand what needed to be done.  That person went to her Supervisor, I was on hold for 10 minutes, and then I was downgraded.

I am wondering after you managed to be downgraded, did Celebrity give you the price difference in cruise credit or the total price of your cruise was reduced?

2 hours ago, agape01 said:

I am wondering after you managed to be downgraded, did Celebrity give you the price difference in cruise credit or the total price of your cruise was reduced?

Neither. I didn't ask for a credit or refund.  I don't think there is a huge difference between the two packages and the classic drink package was included with Aqua class.

• Thanks 1

This is great to know.   We don't drink either and would much prefer the selection in the Zero Proof package.   Before they made this change, you had classics and premium options for non-alcoholic - Zero Proof is basically the same as the old premium non-alcoholic.   

Previously, it was easy to change from the classic alcoholic to the classic non-alcoholic drink package but you lost the frozen non-alcoholic drinks in the process.   The premium non-alcoholic drink package was off the table for this type of switch.

I emailed my TA requesting this change for our upcoming cruise.

Edited by TickledBlue
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2023 at 3:57 PM, NJRonbo said:

NJRonbo and TickledBlue,

When did you call them relative to the final payment date and sail date? I am in similar situation. My wife and I do no drink alcohol. I am afraid calling too soon will create mass confusion and waste my time. I booked about a week ago. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a early resolution. I can switch out of the AquaClass cabin if needed. I don't like to pay for an all-included price and have limited choices of non-alcoholic drinks.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, TickledBlue said:

I emailed my TA requesting this change for our upcoming cruise.

TickledBlue,

Were you successful?

Edited by GreenDice

15 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

NJRonbo and TickledBlue,

When did you call them relative to the final payment date and sail date? I am in similar situation. My wife and I do no drink alcohol. I am afraid calling too soon will create mass confusion and waste my time. I booked about a week ago. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a early resolution. I can switch out of the AquaClass cabin if needed. I don't like to pay for an all-included price and have limited choices of non-alcoholic drinks.

TickledBlue,

Were you successful?

I was not successful...yet.   I plan to try again closer to my cruise in September so I'd be interested in the answer from @NJRonbo

The TA called and got the response:  "Celebrity is unable to change it to the Zero Proof drink package, not applicable."

This may be because I've booked the cruise in 2021 for a 2022 cruise that got shifted to 2023.  What I had was not the "all included" promo but what came before it. 

Edited by TickledBlue

I have been able to do this successfully by calling Captains Club. I am sailing with a group in April and there is 1 adult and & 4 underage that would not be drinking but wanted access to the extra options on the Zero Proof Package. The agent was able to easily do this for all who wanted but no refunds were given for the price difference. Their Express Passes immediately reflected the new drink package as we are already checked in for our sailing (“PMNA”). Here is the number I called: 1-844-418-6824. It took forever to get a hold of someone but you can request a callback which is what I did. The representative was super helpful and took care of it right away. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

I made the call over a month ago.

Final payment due in two weeks.  Sailing on Summit in June.

I had to make more than one call as the first person had no idea how to do it.  However, on the second call I got a more knowledgeable representative who put me on hold and was finally able to downgrade me. 

Please let us know how you make out.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

Thank you @tvanslett and @NJRonbo for the info. I will call Celebrity when it gets closer to sailing date in 2024. Multiple times for sure. Perhaps Celebrity changes their drink packages again by then.

I have downgraded from Classic drink package to Zero Proof the last 2 sailings by just going to guest services and telling them I don't drink alcohol. Both times they made a quick phone call and it was done.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, pieter&sharon said:

I have downgraded from Classic drink package to Zero Proof the last 2 sailings by just going to guest services and telling them I don't drink alcohol. Both times they made a quick phone call and it was done.

That's a good idea and many people have reported success doing that on this forum.

Me, I didn't want to spend any of my valued trip time standing in line at guest services so the phone calls were worth it for me.  It's all settled before I get on the ship.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 7:33 PM, TickledBlue said:

I was not successful...yet.   I plan to try again closer to my cruise in September so I'd be interested in the answer from @NJRonbo

The TA called and got the response:  "Celebrity is unable to change it to the Zero Proof drink package, not applicable."

This may be because I've booked the cruise in 2021 for a 2022 cruise that got shifted to 2023.  What I had was not the "all included" promo but what came before it. 

Success!

Final payment day has come and I figured I'd try to tackle this again.

I called the Captain's Club and was able to switch.   The rep put me on hold to talk to her supervisor, came back and asked why I wanted to switch, went back on hold, got an email with a receipt for the the Promo Zero Proof package and continued to wait on hold for 5 mins until the rep came back to tell me they made the switch.

Seems like this is something they discourage and doing through a TA is either too easy or maybe I would have had to insist that the TA kept trying.

It was quite a bit of time on hold waiting for the switch rather than waiting for the rep to answer.  Was worth it so we can enjoy all of the premium non-alcoholic drinks.

5 minutes ago, TickledBlue said:

Success!

Final payment day has come and I figured I'd try to tackle this again.

I called the Captain's Club and was able to switch.   The rep put me on hold to talk to her supervisor, came back and asked why I wanted to switch, went back on hold, got an email with a receipt for the the Promo Zero Proof package and continued to wait on hold for 5 mins until the rep came back to tell me they made the switch.

Seems like this is something they discourage and doing through a TA is either too easy or maybe I would have had to insist that the TA kept trying.

It was quite a bit of time on hold waiting for the switch rather than waiting for the rep to answer.  Was worth it so we can enjoy all of the premium non-alcoholic drinks.

This is GREAT news.  It almost sounds like my phone call.  Without looking at my original post, I think I explained I had to call more than once and it involved being placed on hold and having the rep talk with a Supervisor.

Don't know why it's so difficult for them to downgrade the drink packages given the fact that Zero Proof is less costly for them.  I wasn't asking for money back for the reduction as the classic drink plan was originally included.

In any event, YES, for us non-alcohol-consuming passengers, it's great to have the ZERO option that gives us a wide array of premium drinks at our disposal.  We are going for the San Pellegrino and Vitamin Water.

Have a great cruise!