Goodwill FCC

wblotner66

Princess is not allowing any extensions or transfers on this FCC. Anyone find a work around. I’m willing to pay for a much more expensive cruise in full if allowed to extend 9 months to use. Willing to commit and pay in full now. Thoughts???

3 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

Princess is not allowing any extensions or transfers on this FCC. Anyone find a work around. I’m willing to pay for a much more expensive cruise in full if allowed to extend 9 months to use. Willing to commit and pay in full now. Thoughts???

Have you tried your TA/CVP?  Most have reported they have not had any luck, but worth a shot to have them try for you.

If you don’t have a CVP, I would probably request one at PCL and present them with this dilemma.  JMO

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify...your FCCs are expired now?  If not and you say you are ready to pay in full...why not book?  If they *are* expired it will be much harder than if you were just nearing an expiration date.

I want to book for 24 but they expire in sept 23

• Like 1

From the standpoint of a business, Princess has no reason for extending "free" goodwill FCC to their customers.  I do not know the reason for your goodwill FCC.  There were so many different reasons passengers were given them.  

They may extend Future Cruise Credits that were for a cancelled cruise or other such reasons.  Never hurts to try, but don't be disappointed if the answer is a "no".  Good Luck

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Sure they do.   Good will.   Seems sort of obvious.

I should have been more clear.  It was “obvious” that it was a “good will” gesture when it was FIRST offered.  

It is no difference than the “bonus” gift cards that are given when you buy Princess gift cards.  They have an expiration date.  Panera Or Oliver Garden gift cards bought at Christmas time come with $$ bonus cards.  They expire at the end of January.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I just lost my Goodwill FCC when I cancelled and rebooked a cruise due to a price drop as they had expired since making the first booking. I was told that under no circumstances do they extend the expiry date of Goodwill FCC.

That’s a bummer!  They have obviously tightened things since last year.  I had all of mine (goodwill, FCC, and a weird discount credit) extended from Jan 2022 (we were still locked in at that point so this was easy)  to Jan 2023 and then to August 2023 (that one was trickier and it took my PVC a week to sort out).  She was even able to find a way to transfer my last FCD which had expired, from the Jan 2023 cruise to the August cruise.  This was in June last year.  I can only imagine how many such requests they have to deal with, so I can imagine someone saying Enough!  Hard No.    

Did you know they would be lost before you cancelled?

Edited by trinitygirl

2 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

That’s a bummer!  They have obviously tightened things since last year.  I had all of mine (goodwill, FCC, and a weird discount credit) extended from Jan 2022 (we were still locked in at that point so this was easy)  to Jan 2023 and then to August 2023 (that one was trickier and it took my PVC a week to sort out).  She was even able to find a way to transfer my last FCD which had expired, from the Jan 2023 cruise to the August cruise.  This was in June last year.  I can only imagine how many such requests they have to deal with, so I can imagine someone saying Enough!  Hard No.    

Did you know they would be lost before you cancelled?

I didn't find out until I was discussing cancelling and rebooking the cruise with my PVC. My PVC spoke to his manager but came back to say nothing could be done. I also lost two FCD's which had expired between booking the cruise and then cancelling and rebooking. I didn't know that if you use them and the expiry date is before final payment they become unrefundable after the expiry date. Luckily I saved more than I lost.

I am so glad the you were able to have your credits extended.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 12:14 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I should have been more clear.  It was “obvious” that it was a “good will” gesture when it was FIRST offered.  

... same obvious reason to extend it.

However, it seems princess has little remaining interest in good will.

10 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I also lost two FCD's which had expired between booking the cruise and then cancelling and rebooking.

I've always heard that you cannot "lose" an FCD...if not used during the validity period it is refunded back to you.  At least that's what they advertise...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've always heard that you cannot "lose" an FCD...if not used during the validity period it is refunded back to you.  At least that's what they advertise...

That is what I thought. When I booked the cruise I was told that the FCD's were fully refundable up to final payment. I have spoken to three different people at Princess and they all checked with their managers and all came back with the same answer that because I used them for a deposit on a cruise which I then cancelled after the expiry date of the FCD's, I have forfeited them and will not get a refund. If I had known this I would have used other FCD's that expire after my cruise date and let the ones I used expire and then would have received a refund. To say that I am completely unimpressed would be an understatement. 

FCD can and will be extended past expiration dates if you call or live chat.

I just booked a cruise using my TA.  She watches out for me.  The fare I quoted her….she made sure that I understood it was a non-refundable deposit.  We moved up a notch to get around that.  Found a fare that I could use my FCD AND get it back if I cancelled/refundable.  

Was your original booking made with a non-refundable deposit?  If you used you FCD for a non-refundable deposit, you would have lost deposit and FCD. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

FCD can and will be extended past expiration dates if you call or live chat.

I just booked a cruise using my TA.  She watches out for me.  The fare I quoted her….she made sure that I understood it was a non-refundable deposit.  We moved up a notch to get around that.  Found a fare that I could use my FCD AND get it back if I cancelled/refundable.  

Was your original booking made with a non-refundable deposit?  If you used you FCD for a non-refundable deposit, you would have lost deposit and FCD. 

When I made the booking I was told that the deposit made with two FCD's was refundable until final payment. Maybe they are treated differently in Australia. Before I cancelled the cruise and was told they would not be refunded I asked if the FCD's could be extended and I was told that because I had used them they couldn't.  No matter what I said I was told that once they are used they become unrefundable as soon as the expiry date passes. 

4 minutes ago, trinitygirl said:

I think that your take is correct (based on all the problems I had last year) - it is better to let a FCD expire and be refunded, than use one with an expiry date before the cruise you are using it for.

Yes, if I ever book a cruise with Princess again using FCD's I will make sure the expiry date is after the cruise. If I had known that refundable FCD's can become unrefundable I would have let them expire and be refunded. Definitely a lesson learned!

I apologize for not looking at your country of origin.  I do not know the rules for your country.  As I mentioned, my TA looks after me and "strongly" advises me to not book anything that would be interpreted as "non-refundable".  I take her advice seriously.

47 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

When I made the booking I was told that the deposit made with two FCD's was refundable until final payment. Maybe they are treated differently in Australia. Before I cancelled the cruise and was told they would not be refunded I asked if the FCD's could be extended and I was told that because I had used them they couldn't.  No matter what I said I was told that once they are used they become unrefundable as soon as the expiry date passes. 

44 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Yes, if I ever book a cruise with Princess again using FCD's I will make sure the expiry date is after the cruise. If I had known that refundable FCD's can become unrefundable I would have let them expire and be refunded. Definitely a lesson learned!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I apologize for not looking at your country of origin.  I do not know the rules for your country.  As I mentioned, my TA looks after me and "strongly" advises me to not book anything that would be interpreted as "non-refundable".  I take her advice seriously.

Very sensible to take her advice seriously! I will look a lot closer at the expiry dates of FCD's and FCC's in the future. Lesson learned!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:18 AM, Roberto256 said:

Sure they do.   Good will.   Seems sort of obvious.

It was testing positive for Covid on cruise tour portion. If they gave me nothing back I could have claimed on my insurance but because they have a credit that I cannot use in time I’m out money. Great way to treat a loyal customer and shareholder. I’ve booked 2025 Celebrity Japan cruise.

We had our goodwill FCC extended by 3 months. We booked the cruise first, with no deposit, then put in a request to have the goodwill FCC applied. It had to be escalated for approval but we received confirmation of the extension within 24 hours. We're in Australia, if that makes any difference. 😊