Past Guest Offer: Three Extra Latitudes Points Per Night.

603NHCruiser

10 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Thanks for the info.  Booked Viva 9 nights out of Athens, and just now Alaska Bliss, but isn't on the list.  I'll have to change to on that is listed since I only need 28 for Platinum.  Bliss so I didn't need to fly 😁

Was able to get 4x points but now I'm going Lisbon/London on Getaway instead of Alaska 😁😁

10 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I care because if everyone (OK - not everyone but a lot of people) are in higher tier status, some of the perks become diluted.  If 2,000 out of 4,000 booked passengers have priority reservations for meals, shows, tenders, embarkation, debarkation, etc., it means less than if only 500 have it.

And because they can devalue the perks of higher status if too many people have it.

The sailings for the triple points are limited only the Spirit and Jewel for Alaska.

A few ships for Europe, one is the Gem can’t remember the others, so if you want to rack up triple points you’re either going to Europe or Alaska. Some will jump on it some won’t in any case nothing to lose any sleep over lol

On 2/1/2023 at 11:27 AM, 603NHCruiser said:

Ok. So I know I am asking a question that I could very well just call and find out myself, but... 

Has anyone noticed the update to the Terms & Conditions under the Past Guest Offer? THREE extra points for select 2023 Alaska and Europe. I am wondering if anyone recalls if if this has been offered in the past and may know what the Promo Code is? Maybe LATTRIPX 🙂

I booked 9 Day Europe: Greek Isles last night that I had been planning in the event that the double point ended as it was scheduled too, but it appears that I may qualify for this if I do a re-price. I want to give my PCC a bit of a break before I bug her again haha. The Idea of getting 36 points seems pretty enticing.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#insiderofferonepoint

Capture.PNG

Can’t decide between Spirit or Jewel

No kids so don’t need any bells and whistles I do like Spirit has a longer port time in Juneau

On 2/4/2023 at 12:35 PM, itsnotjustme said:

Wow.  I hope they won't give out so many points that everyone becomes special.

I am on a 16-day transatlantic with 2 extra points per night, so 48 points for the cruise.  This will take me into Saphire. 

That is exactly what happened to NCL in approximately 2010 or so.   They introduced the extras - 1 pt for each of these - booking 9 months or more in advance, latitude special, haven so you could receive four points per cruise.   It was not uncommon to hear people say they had made platinum in very few cruises. Platinum at that time was the top tier.

eventually the platinum parties were packed, and the ships seemed stressed to provide for all these top tier folks.  So they added platinum plus and ambassador.

Later they realized the 350 pt gap between plat plus and ambassador was a disensentive to platinum plus cruisers who felt they’d go explore elsewhere as they would never make ambassador.

so, they added a mid tier, Diamond, and renamed platinum plus Saphire.  And here they are doing it again.  I think, IMHO, they would do better to offer targeted perks for specific cruises rather than diluting their loyalty program.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 3:57 PM, TrumpyNor said:

As my DH and myself have about 150 points left to reach Ambassador status and two free cruises, and we have a 11 days cruise booked for summer 2023 on the Star that would actually qualify IF I rebook it, so at first I thought I should just "cancel and rebook", as the final payment isn't until April. But then I checked the current rates, and they are now about $1000 higher for two persons than they were when I originally booked the cruise. So I will just be happy with my single point per night instead.... 🙂

I really don’t mean to step on this thread, but we have just booked a 2025 Star cruise from Reyjakvik to Tromso, I would appreciate your thoughts.  I have started a roll call thread.  Thank you.

13 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I really don’t mean to step on this thread, but we have just booked a 2025 Star cruise from Reyjakvik to Tromso, I would appreciate your thoughts.  I have started a roll call thread.  Thank you.

Since summer of 2023 is the first year NCL is doing those cruises, no-one knows.....yet. 

I am booked on a cruise from Tromso to Iceland myself, for August 2023. Since your cruise isn't until 2025, I suggest you to follow some of the Star roll calls with similar itinerary for 2023 and 2024.

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Since summer of 2023 is the first year NCL is doing those cruises, no-one knows.....yet. 

I am booked on a cruise from Tromso to Iceland myself, for August 2023. Since your cruise isn't until 2025, I suggest you to follow some of the Star roll calls with similar itinerary for 2023 and 2024.

Yes, I usually do that but there is very little info regarding Spitsbergen.  As a Norwegian I thought you might offer some insight.  Thanks for your input.

I have question for those that already received double or triple points because of lattitude past guest offers.

So on a normal cruise i get 1 point per day cruised: 10 day cruise = 10 points

But on the website it says: "Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer."

So how do we calculate this?

10 points for each DAY and 9 extra points for the nights?

Or does it just double to 20?

It's so confusing, so I hope somebody could check how it actually resulted when they received the lattitude points

15 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

As the OP... I certainly don't mind a few steps 😀. I always value your clear answers in the NCL Mastercard Forum and I am delighted to have your input here as well!

4 minutes ago, sebastienbo said:

I have question for those that already received double or triple points because of lattitude past guest offers.

So on a normal cruise i get 1 point per day cruised: 10 day cruise = 10 points

But on the website it says: "Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer."

So how do we calculate this?

10 points for each DAY and 9 extra points for the nights?

Or does it just double to 20?

It's so confusing, so I hope somebody could check how it actually resulted when they received the lattitude points

Hi Sebastienbo,

It certainly can be confusing, when you start thinking "days" vs. "nights." To my knowledge (someone please correct me if they are aware of a booking where this is not true) the number of days will always match the number of nights, because NCL does not count the morning of disembarkation as a "day." This differs from many land vacations which will say something to the effect of "7 day, 6 night."

To answer your questions if you are earning 1 additional point per night, then a 10-day would result in 20 points.

Here are some of the latitudes related Promo codes that you could see at the top right of your booking confirmation.

LATBONUS 1 extra latitudes point per night (2pts Ttl)

LATDBLX

LATRIPLE

2 extra Latitude points per night (3pts Ttl)

3 extra Latitude points per night (4pts Ttl)

LATREW* Indicates that you are a latitudes member and to give your tier benefits
LATTITUDE Insider offer code 1 extra latitude point per night
LATTITUDES Insider offer code 1 extra latitude point per night
LATVIP Latitudes sale  - was used for 20% off sale

And if BOOKING under a qualifying suite or Haven reservation you will receive another point on top of any Additional Latitudes Rewards points.

• Like 2

Cool thank you for clearing that up, at MSC cruises they really make a difference between day and nights.

So on my next cruise in march I do a transatlantic cruise 15 days, and I noticed one of your codes: LATDBLX, so that would mean this trip gives 45 points? 

5 minutes ago, sebastienbo said:

Cool thank you for clearing that up, at MSC cruises they really make a difference between day and nights.

So on my next cruise in march I do a transatlantic cruise 15 days, and I noticed one of your codes: LATDBLX, so that would mean this trip gives 45 points? 

Interesting Royal operates the same way as NCL. Naively, based off of only cruising two lines I assumed they all used the same distinction for Days/nights 🙂.

If you are seeing LATDBLX as a promo code in the top right of your confirmation, then YES that cruise will receive 45 nights.

I will agree with many on here that Status chasing is not often worth it, but if you find yourself close to reaching a new tier, the additional points come in handy. In my case I already had a qualifying cruise booked, and because I was outside of final payment I was able to re-book for the new promo. This will off course all depend on if the cruise price has increased since the time of your reservation. But, if it is within a reasonable cost as determined by you, than the extra points may still be worth it. 

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes, I usually do that but there is very little info regarding Spitsbergen.  As a Norwegian I thought you might offer some insight.  Thanks for your input.

I am sorry that I somehow misunderstood your initial question. Actually most Norwegians have never been to Spitsbergen, and it is considered very "exotic" for us Norwegians as well. I am sorry that I don't really have much input for you in that regard, except providing you with the link to the official tourist information office for Spitsbergen/Svalbard: https://en.visitsvalbard.com/visitor-information/travel-information/tourist-information-centre

Right now Norwegian authorities are actually considering making visits to Spitsbergen/Svalbard much more regulated and limited in a very close future. And one of the things that is considered is only allowing cruise ships that has maximum 200 passengers. Meaning that most cruise ships would not be allowed near Spitsbergen at all. The reason behind it is the negative impact on the volnurable nature in Spitsbergen the large number of cruise ships in the last few years has caused. 

Correction about the Spirit.  On our Star cruise we had a CN person who was outrageously wrong about a variety of things.  One of the things he said at the future cruise presentation was about the Spirit and said it is a child free cruise.   Afterward I stopped and asked him about this, as it was news to me.  He was a bit flustered and said, well, actually children are allowed on the ship, of course, but there is no kids club, etc.   😳.  I asked if he thought maybe he had misrepresented the situation for the Spirit and folks who might want to do those cruises with their children or grandchildren.  He hem hawed around and said, yeh, he probably gave people the wrong idea.  Ya think?!    If something has truly changed regarding children being prohibited from sailing the Spirit, please let us all know.

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Correction about the Spirit.  On our Star cruise we had a CN person who was outrageously wrong about a variety of things.  One of the things he said at the future cruise presentation was about the Spirit and said it is a child free cruise.   Afterward I stopped and asked him about this, as it was news to me.  He was a bit flustered and said, well, actually children are allowed on the ship, of course, but there is no kids club, etc.   😳.  I asked if he thought maybe he had misrepresented the situation for the Spirit and folks who might want to do those cruises with their children or grandchildren.  He hem hawed around and said, yeh, he probably gave people the wrong idea.  Ya think?!    If something has truly changed regarding children being prohibited from sailing the Spirit, please let us all know.

Just did 30 days on Spirit. Kids can sail on all NCL ships, but as you have said, it's not very kid friendly. There are no kid services whatsoever on Spirit. I also feel the same way about Prima. While there are many activities for the teens and older kids, there is very little for younger kids, and I have heard rumbles about many kids being bored on Prima. Seems like a direction they seem to be moving in... 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 6:41 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

That is exactly what happened to NCL in approximately 2010 or so.   They introduced the extras - 1 pt for each of these - booking 9 months or more in advance, latitude special, haven so you could receive four points per cruise.   It was not uncommon to hear people say they had made platinum in very few cruises. Platinum at that time was the top tier.

eventually the platinum parties were packed, and the ships seemed stressed to provide for all these top tier folks.  So they added platinum plus and ambassador.

Later they realized the 350 pt gap between plat plus and ambassador was a disensentive to platinum plus cruisers who felt they’d go explore elsewhere as they would never make ambassador.

so, they added a mid tier, Diamond, and renamed platinum plus Saphire.  And here they are doing it again.  I think, IMHO, they would do better to offer targeted perks for specific cruises rather than diluting their loyalty program.

I agree with everything you have said. I know some who have made Platinum in 2 or 3 cruises! Sadly for me, I did much of my cruising the "old fashioned way" as I like to call it, where status was accumulated by number of cruises and not by days. When they converted the program, I ended up only getting 1 point per day (which was fine), and still continued to cruise for 1 point per day for years after. I'd say out of my many NCL cruises, only a handful had a promotion applied where I got bonus points. 

But, I guess it is a sign of the times. My United Airlines Status renewed in January and I had an offer in my email a few weeks later  asking if I would like to PURCHASE the next tier up (which would be the highest tier, Premier 1K) for the 2023 year. I mean, seriously... buying status? If I was an organic Premier 1K member, I'd be pretty upset, because it's not easy to attain. And as a top tier NCL, it almost feels the same -- the principle is the same -- buying status. 

Edited by romalley99

19 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

Just did 30 days on Spirit. Kids can sail on all NCL ships, but as you have said, it's not very kid friendly. There are no kid services whatsoever on Spirit. I also feel the same way about Prima. While there are many activities for the teens and older kids, there is very little for younger kids, and I have heard rumbles about many kids being bored on Prima. Seems like a direction they seem to be moving in... 

Yes just got off a cruise on the Spirit Jan. 27th.  There were kids on that cruise.

8 hours ago, romalley99 said:

I agree with everything you have said. I know some who have made Platinum in 2 or 3 cruises! Sadly for me, I did much of my cruising the "old fashioned way" as I like to call it, where status was accumulated by number of cruises and not by days. When they converted the program, I ended up only getting 1 point per day (which was fine), and still continued to cruise for 1 point per day for years after. I'd say out of my many NCL cruises, only a handful had a promotion applied where I got bonus points. 

But, I guess it is a sign of the times. My United Airlines Status renewed in January and I had an offer in my email a few weeks later  asking if I would like to PURCHASE the next tier up (which would be the highest tier, Premier 1K) for the 2023 year. I mean, seriously... buying status? If I was an organic Premier 1K member, I'd be pretty upset, because it's not easy to attain. And as a top tier NCL, it almost feels the same -- the principle is the same -- buying status. 

When cruise lines started allowing people to buy access to early boarding, etc.  it opened the doors to this diluted value of loyalty.   CCL started withFTTF, now NCL has it too.  It’s just a way to pick up a few extra dollars but it is another means of classism.

Does anyone know which sailings are for the 3 points?  

Are Northern Europe, Iceland, British Isle and Ireland considered Europe?🏴‍☠️🍀🥃🚢

Is 16-day Alaska: Glacier Bay, Skagway and Kauai  considered Alaska?🏔️🐟🐻🚢
(It shows on an Alaska search) 

11 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Are Northern Europe, Iceland, British Isle and Ireland considered Europe?🏴‍☠️🍀🥃🚢

Yes NCL has it on their website. You need to scroll down to the 3 points per night offer.  Note this is limited to a few ships, and 2023.  Here's a link: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions?hide_hf=true

Edited by davencl

9 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Look for an email (today - Feb 19th) from one's NCL PCC - up to 3 extra points per night booking - Feb 1 to Mar 31, for the Jewel & Spirit sailing Alaksa and Dawn, Gem, Getaway and Star sailing Europe.