Thoughts on Celebrity Silhouette?

aimcat

Planning last minute and this ship has an opening for when we can go in Feb. We are 40 and my fiancé has never cruised before and I have previously cruised on carnival several times and Royal twice. Will we enjoy Celebrity? We like good food, music, entertainment, and to drink when we go on vaycay. We don’t like to get overly dressed up and like casual. Appreciate the help in advance! 

1 hour ago, aimcat said:

Planning last minute and this ship has an opening for when we can go in Feb. We are 40 and my fiancé has never cruised before and I have previously cruised on carnival several times and Royal twice. Will we enjoy Celebrity? We like good food, music, entertainment, and to drink when we go on vaycay. We don’t like to get overly dressed up and like casual. Appreciate the help in advance! 

I think you both will find Silhouette to be enjoyable.  It is a nice ship.  

• Like 1

There are lots of entertainment choices, from production shows, guest entertainers like comedians, magicians, etc., a duo, lounge acts and game shows. Sometimes silent disco (very fun). The beverage packages should be listed on the website so you can evaluate which package is right for you. They are charged by the day unless your cruise fare includes one. The Silhouette is a beautiful ship!

I agree with previous posters. Our 14 day cruise last June on Silhouette was a blast. 

We definitely enjoyed our traditional Cafe al Bacio and Martini Bar and discovered a few new experiences: Mixology and drinks at the World Class Bar and our lunch experience at the Porch Restaurant were really enjoyable. 

We also really pleasant experiences at Sushi on 5 as well as Murano. 

You won't be bored on Silhouette! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aimcat said:

I can get the all included which includes the classic drink package, wifi and tips for another 800 or so total for the 2 of us. Is that worth it? Anyone else done this? 

Yes, if you add up the costs of each of those inclusions separately it sounds like the all included fee would be a better deal. 

• Like 1

Sailed the Silhouette twice last year and have 3 scheduled this year (including 2 staring in 6 days).  Do we like her???!!!  She is or favorite in the fleet.  As others mentioned the All Inclusive package is your best bet as drinks are expensive (hard to find much under $10 and 18% grats)  and you'll spend at least $30/day.  There is always plenty of entertainment aboard plus nightly shows.  No water slides and few kids.

15 minutes ago, aimcat said:

When you say inclusive do you mean to get the drink package outside of the ALL INCLUDED deal? I see that deal only includes base internet and basic drink package. 

The "all included" fare normally includes basic internet, classic beverage package and gratuities, unless something has changed very recently.

We're sailing on Silhouette Thursday and we paid the all-inclusive fare for a verandah room. The classic drinks package is plenty enough for us and if I wanted to spend the day net-surfing, I wouldn't do it on a cruise. This fare also included gratuities, but I'm fully prepared to tip over and above this for certain things.