Miami hotels: Hampton Suites/ or Doubletree/ or YVE???

j3000

we're still trying to decide on a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise in April. Rates are high!

these 3 names seem to crop up often. Would  appreciate comments from anyone who has stayed at either lately...

OR if anyone has seen a great rate for either somewhere lately & could share...

thanks!

43 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

we're still trying to decide on a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise in April. Rates are high!

these 3 names seem to crop up often. Would  appreciate comments from anyone who has stayed at either lately...

OR if anyone has seen a great rate for either somewhere lately & could share...

thanks!

We were debating those hotels also for April. Ended up booking the Hilton right behind the Double Tree.  For one night I couldn't justify almost double the price for the Doubletree and on the Hilton website it is rated a bit higher.  We were going to stay at the Intercontinental but decided not to after reading reports of a lot of construction noise as they renovate.  Right now he Hilton is $265 a night for late April.

We are staying at YVE for our one night pre cruise stay. Will update after the stay but rate was decent and liked the location. There are 8 ships in Miami our embarkation day so was actually not the easiest to find a room at a decent price 

7 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

We are staying at YVE for our one night pre cruise stay. Will update after the stay but rate was decent and liked the location. There are 8 ships in Miami our embarkation day so was actually not the easiest to find a room at a decent price 

thanks wolf. care to share what you  consider a "decent rate"?🙂

22 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

We were debating those hotels also for April. Ended up booking the Hilton right behind the Double Tree.  For one night I couldn't justify almost double the price for the Doubletree and on the Hilton website it is rated a bit higher.  We were going to stay at the Intercontinental but decided not to after reading reports of a lot of construction noise as they renovate.  Right now he Hilton is $265 a night for late April.

just checked expedia...can get Hilton for $194,  Hampton $228 , Doubletree $263

per night, for our dates.

which is best deal?

20 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

just checked expedia...can get Hilton for $194,  Hampton $228 , Doubletree $263

per night, for our dates.

which is best deal?

For us it came down to having 2 queen beds vs a King + a roll-away since we have our daughter with us.  Doubletree only has doubles or kings.   Hampton has excellent reviews but we wanted a bay view, so Hilton it was. 

We love doubletree we been there a few times and going again next month , lobby area has a small mall with several restaurants and bars plus stores. Some restaurants had live music, really close to port can see your ship from some balconies. We normally eat in the Italian restaurant.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, jargey3000 said:

YVE is coming in at around $179 a night.....on booking & expedia..

tempting...🤷‍♂️

YVE for me was worn down rooms, they felt like an old apartment building turned into a hotel. location was the best thing about this hotel.

16 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

YVE for me was worn down rooms, they felt like an old apartment building turned into a hotel. location was the best thing about this hotel.

We do YVE simply for location. Older style but can’t beat the location and usually cheaper. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We booked through Celebrity and got a great deal on The Good Time Hotel. Lol. I can’t get over the name…but I did just follow a live review from another celebrity sail that enjoyed the place. I was actually really pleasantly surprised at the deals available through the flights and hotel through Celebrity. I have Hilton friends and family and couldn’t beat the rate I found booking through the cruise line. 

• 1 month later...