Thank you for the Upgrade to a Full Suite!

Guardsy

My wife has been wondering what it would be like to cruise in an actual suite for a number of years, but price always held us back.  When I inquired of our cruise planner about three weeks ago, she noted that most 7-day Caribbean cruises, in a full suite, cost $6,000 +.  Ouch.  Outside of our budget.

Last week was looking at a fun 7-day cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess.  All ports we had never been to before, dates worked well.

We need to book ADA rooms whenever we can as my wife uses a wheelchair or scooter.  Tried a normal inside once. just did not work.  

On this booking, I was looking to see if there were any ADA mini-suites (also have not been in one of those) that might be reasonable.  The Princess site grinded for a moment then popped up with a new message to us.  Instead of the red lettering saying no ADA cabins available per our request, it said "No cabins available, but we would be willing to upgrade you to a S7 Window Suite at no additional charge.   Total charges; suite (with ALL the perks, all port/gov't fees) and Princess Plus, $1,618 per person!  Access to thermal spa for free for the whole cruise, one free specialty dinner, yada, yada, yada. Free canapes and water each day, flowers in the cabin.  Feel like we hit a little lottery.

Went to (BIG WAREHOUSE STORE) travel, same week, same S7 category, $5,948 PP,  PLUS port fees, Princess Plus, etc.

Edited by Guardsy
Error
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guardsy said:

My wife has been wondering what it would be like to cruise in an actual suite for a number of years, but price always held us back.  When I inquired of our cruise planner about three weeks ago, she noted that most 7-day Caribbean cruises, in a full suite, cost $6,000 +.  Ouch.  Outside of our budget.

Last week was looking at a fun 7-day cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess.  All ports we had never been to before, dates worked well.

We need to book ADA rooms whenever we can as my wife uses a wheelchair or scooter.  Tried a normal inside once. just did not work.  

On this booking, I was looking to see if there were any ADA mini-suites (also have not been in one of those) that might be reasonable.  The Princess site grinded for a moment then popped up with a new message to us.  Instead of the red lettering saying no ADA cabins available per our request, it said "No cabins available, but we would be willing to upgrade you to a S7 Window Suite at no additional charge.   Total charges; suite (with ALL the perks, all port/gov't fees) and Princess Plus, $1,618 per person!  Access to thermal spa for free for the whole cruise, one free specialty dinner, yada, yada, yada. Free canapes and water each day, flowers in the cabin.  Feel like we hit a little lottery.

Went to C^*%co travel, same week, same S7 category, $5,948 PP,  PLUS port fees, Princess Plus, etc.

That is great!  Maybe you SHOULD buy a lottery ticket!  🎉