Princess Laundry and Cabin Distance

RedIguana

Princess Alaska soon to be Noob. How noisy is the passenger accessible laundromat?  Should I make sure cabin selection is at least 3-4 cabins from the Laundromat? Also, are the washers/dryers all one temperature, or can you select cold wash/low heat? With a 16 day trip planned, it would be nice to use the laundry to wash a few loads and eliminate a checked bag. I just don't trust the ship laundry, the only time I used ship laundry to have 3 shirts pressed, 2 of them came back ruined (yellow stained heat pattern on half of the shirt, probably was on all 3 but did not show on the black one, was on HAL, not princess).

The times that I have actually used the pax laundry it has not been loud at all...even *inside* the room.  Sure...washers and dryers make a certain amount of noise but for the rooms I've seen there was only about 3 of each.  They have cabin-style doors on them which stay normally shut so that cuts most of the noise.  I personally would not have a problem booking across the hall from a pax self-laundry.  I would probably avoid a cabin right next to one, sharing a wall.

I *believe* you can select temperatures...but don't hold me to that!

I've had very good luck with *my* shirts & such.  My DW will not send any of her stuff, though.

I have had cabins across the hall and nvr noticed machine noise. Sometimes people slam the door though! Machine have the "usual" controls. Hot, cold, permanent press etc etc. I would recommend bringing a couple of pod type detergents and dryer sheets. 

Thanks all. Grabbed a cabin a couple doors up and across. Tossing a load in while having a glass of wine on the balcony beats lugging an extra bag around and paying for an extra checked bag. I don't trust the cruise lines not to screw up my clothes from prior experience. 10 night cruise plus 6-7 days travel visiting family. Most of my cruising has been with RCG, no passenger laundry there. Anything a Princess Noob should know? Crown Princess Alaska.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Anything a Princess Noob should know? Crown Princess Alaska.

Be sure to consider purchasing at least a couple FCD’s (future cruise deposit) while onboard if you find you enjoy Princes and would cruise with them again. Each FCD cost $100 and can be used to book any cruise in the future without having to put up what can be 15-20% deposit. In addition you will also receive onboard future cruise credits for the voyage from $50 to $100. They are held by Princess for up to 2 years but can be extended another 1-2 years if requested.