Oceania club loyalty benefit of a free cruise

debbyma

We will soon have the required number of Oceania cruises to qualify for a free cruise.  How does this work?  We normally book Oceania suites and above.  Is the cruise an average of the type of suite you've had?  (I don't think putting us in an interior room would be a fair benefit.)

Do any of you have experience with this process?

I do not think if you book suites  they are going to stick you in an inside  😃

They have not stooped that low  yet ..

"Reservations when requesting the FREE CRUISE. The awarded FREE CRUISE must be taken on the guest’s milestone cruise and is Cruise-Only, based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, is not combinable with public promotions, excludes government taxes and fees and cannot exceed 14 days in length. The FREE CRUISE must be approved and will be placed as a guarantee until stateroom category has been assigned, upon authorization from the Oceania Club. The FREE CRUISE cannot be applied to any of the Around the World Voyages. For cruises over 14 days in length, the cruise cost will be prorated for the additional days. Stateroom category will reflect the accommodations most closely matching the typical category selected by the guests on prior voyages. Reservations for the FREE CRUISE may only be made 180 days or more prior to sail date. Other restrictions may apply."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

You can book a cruise with the appropriate deposit long before 180 days.and can choose the cabin level you believe to be earned

Just be sure to remind your agent to submit your free cruise request at the 180 day mark

keep in mind that the free cruise no longer includes air fare

• Like 1

By our experience I would choose a 14 day Free trip. We did the 30 days around Australia but did not feel we got the benefits for the second half.

This is the only time we have not been pleased with O, still  they are our favourite cruise line.

Enjoy the perk.

7 hours ago, debbyma said:

Thank you.  I couldn't find this information on the website.

When you go to the Oceania Club page    right above the Club Loyalty levels   there is a link to Terms & conditions

then scroll down that page to find what you were looking for

image.thumb.png.c22f7c84a3a2f41c557dab25709d02a7.png

On 2/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, Fetchpeople said:

You can book a cruise with the appropriate deposit long before 180 days and can choose the cabin level you believe to be earned

Just be sure to remind your agent to submit your free cruise request at the 180 day mark

This is very good to know.  Our usual accommodations normally sell out a year or more in advance and we wondered how we could get our preferred suite.  When it comes time for our 20th - not too far off - we'll be sure to reserve it using this method.  Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

This is very good to know.  Our usual accommodations normally sell out a year or more in advance and we wondered how we could get our preferred suite.  When it comes time for our 20th - not too far off - we'll be sure to reserve it using this method.  Thank you!

Well, not so fast there- just yet. 

You can book what will be your Platinum cruise now and even select your usual cabin type. At about six months prior to embark (won’t hurt to do it even a bit earlier), you contact the O Club folks and identify your desire to get the comp cruise. 
Technically, what you’re supposed to get is a “guarantee” cabin with actual assignment at a later date. But, since you already have a reservation for a specific cabin, it is the usual practice to give you what you want (unless you upgraded yourself- in which case you might have to pay the difference or take a lesser cabin.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 2:19 AM, Cliff-FLL said:

Hi, quick question so do I understand correctly that one has to have at least 20 sailings before qualifying for a free cruise even though one has reached the platinum level?

5 minutes ago, worldcruisegirl said:

Hi, quick question so do I understand correctly that one has to have at least 20 sailings before qualifying for a free cruise even though one has reached the platinum level?

If you reached platinum level then you will get the free cruise.  They go by cruise credits not necessarily by sailings.  Some cruises are worth more than 1 cruise credit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, worldcruisegirl said:

Your 20th cruise  should be free  some conditions  apply so read the fine print

31 minutes ago, worldcruisegirl said:

Wrong. You need 20 cruise credits (not cruises). Each 20 you earn gets another comp cruise.

E267A6FF-1DD1-493F-BAFE-209B3C8B48DC.png

2 hours ago, JRIH said:

If you reached platinum level then you will get the free cruise.  They go by cruise credits not necessarily by sailings.  Some cruises are worth more than 1 cruise credit.

Thank you for the information.  The leaflet on the club loyaty program benefits is unclear as it states "free cruise must be taken on the milestone 20th, 40th, 60th cruise without exception" I could not understand what that meant.

12 minutes ago, worldcruisegirl said:

Thank you for the information.  The leaflet on the club loyaty program benefits is unclear as it states "free cruise must be taken on the milestone 20th, 40th, 60th cruise without exception" I could not understand what that meant.

It should say something like “on the milestone cruise during which you’ve accrued your 20th cruise credit.”

FWIW (you can thank me later), “without exception” is sort of a “guideline” as opposed to “set in concrete” (not unlike O’s 6 bottle personal wine limit OR Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Code).

The O Club folks understand and appreciate the complications that hard/fast milestone cruise rule places on folks who cruise O multiple times per year (where yet another new booking could easily change when you hit the 20 credits). If you’ve got a specific cruise in mind that would put you at the cruise after your 20th credit, contact them about your preference. You may be pleasantly surprised.

38 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It should say something like “on the milestone cruise during which you’ve accrued your 20th cruise credit.”

FWIW (you can thank me later), “without exception” is sort of a “guideline” as opposed to “set in concrete” (not unlike O’s 6 bottle personal wine limit OR Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Code).

The O Club folks understand and appreciate the complications that hard/fast milestone cruise rule places on folks who cruise O multiple times per year (where yet another new booking could easily change when you hit the 20 credits). If you’ve got a specific cruise in mind that would put you at the cruise after your 20th credit, contact them about your preference. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Good clarification, FF.  But the subtly of "during the cruise on which you accrue your 20th cruise credit" as opposed to "after accruing 20 cruise credits" is sometimes lost in translation.

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Thank you. 😀

4 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Good clarification, FF.  But the subtly of "during the cruise on which you accrue your 20th cruise credit" as opposed to "after accruing 20 cruise credits" is sometimes lost in translation.

Add to that the fact that so many folks don’t realize you earn the credits for a cruise on embarkation day of that cruise (not after it). 

• Like 1