Uber from the Port of Miami

rohudd1

My husband and I are cruising on the Celebration on Feb 19th. On the 26th, we will need transportation from the port to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. If we decide to Uber or Lyft, what terminal do we request when scheduling it?  I would like to pre-book if possible because it's been difficult to schedule a ride on the morning of disembarkation. If anyone has a reliable shuttle that they have used, please let us know.

Thanks so much in advance!

2 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

Cabs to and from MIA, are "Flat Rate," can be MUCH Cheaper during "Uber Surge Pricing!"

I am not sure that the flat rate pricing applies if you leave Miami, which would be the case if you are taking the cab all the way to Fort Lauderdale.

16 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I am not sure that the flat rate pricing applies if you leave Miami, which would be the case if you are taking the cab all the way to Fort Lauderdale.

It is ONLY to and from Miami International Airport.  If you book Premium (First Class) with Brightline, it includes Comped pier Tesla pickup to (Brightline MIA Station) and (Lauderdale Station) Tesla delivery to FLL airport.

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Cabs to and from MIA, are "Flat Rate," 

Flat rate pricing was eliminated by the Board of County Commissioners as of July 19, 2022.

(Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1572618493969359 )

To the OP: Carnival Celebration is scheduled to be docked at Terminal F on February 26, 2023.

1 hour ago, knagl said:

Flat rate pricing was eliminated by the Board of County Commissioners as of July 19, 2022.

(Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1572618493969359 )

To the OP: Carnival Celebration is scheduled to be docked at Terminal F on February 26, 2023.

I had NO idea, how did the cabbies push that through?  Now min $15 fare for airport or Port, this is horrible!

Edited by gkbiiii

I just got off the Spirit last week. We took Lyft to go to the airport and cost us $25 I believe. Our friend got in a taxi and it was like $60. (She only found out once she got to the destination)

joanne 

Edited by JXR
  • Like 1

As mentioned, no more flat rate in MIA (just there 2 weeks ago).

We have taken ubers from the MIA port and had no issue calling it.  We just stepped outside and ordered like normal and added a note about where we were standing and what we looked like.

11 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I had NO idea, how did the cabbies push that through?  Now min $15 fare for airport or Port, this is horrible!

Our cab ride from MIA to PortMiami in December was about $35 with no significant traffic. 👎

Thank you so much for all of the recommendations. I am wary of Uber because when we were at the port not long ago, I could not connect with a driver. I have downloaded Lyft and that's probably the way we will go. Let's hope!