Voyager Formal nights?

madawa6

We are on an upcoming 7 day voyager cruise in March and are wondering how many formal night they have if any. Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and am hoping they have a formal night.

2023-RC/Voyager

2020- HAL/Zuiderdam

2019- RC/Harmony

2018- Carnival/Glory

2015- Celebrity/Constellation

2014- RC/Navigator 

2012- Celebrity/Summit

2010- Carnival/Valor

2006-RC/Explorer

2001-HAL/Zaandam

1983-NCL/MS Southward

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madawa6 said:

We are on an upcoming 7 day voyager cruise in March and are wondering how many formal night they have if any. Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and am hoping they have a formal night.

2023-RC/Voyager

2020- HAL/Zuiderdam

2019- RC/Harmony

2018- Carnival/Glory

2015- Celebrity/Constellation

2014- RC/Navigator 

2012- Celebrity/Summit

2010- Carnival/Valor

2006-RC/Explorer

2001-HAL/Zaandam

1983-NCL/MS Southward

Thank you….we know many ships aren’t doing formal nights anymore so weren’t sure since Covid if that had changed on this ship. One of our kids went on a Celebrity ship October 2022 and they didn’t have any. 

47 minutes ago, madawa6 said:

Thank you….we know many ships aren’t doing formal nights anymore so weren’t sure since Covid if that had changed on this ship. One of our kids went on a Celebrity ship October 2022 and they didn’t have any. 

It may be called "dress your best" but in essence it is exactly the same thing

1 hour ago, madawa6 said:

Having a day designated formal night doesn't forbid anyone from dressing up any night they want. 

And having a formal night doesn't compel anyone to dress up that night either.   You will see more people dressed up on the designated night, but not as many as you would have seen even five years ago.

• Like 2

Currently on leg #2 of B2B2B Voyager.  

There is indeed a "formal night", plus a "white night" (which is tonight) and tomorrow will be a "dress your best".  

Hardly anyone is into the suggestions.  I did see a long cocktail dress once last week, and a couple of suit coats...but no gowns, no tuxes.   Most everyone ignored "white night"...and dress your best was pretty much anything goes.  

• Like 2

Just returned from Voyager week:  formal night was far less black tie and cocktail/ball gowns than in the past, dress your best night was a discretionary multiple choice issue and white night was not.

Changes from the past.... at least most people on this cruise chose to stay out of the dining room in shorts and swim suits...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumnsun said:

Just returned from Voyager week:  formal night was far less black tie and cocktail/ball gowns than in the past, dress your best night was a discretionary multiple choice issue and white night was not.

Changes from the past.... at least most people on this cruise chose to stay out of the dining room in shorts and swim suits...

I am seeing lots of shorts in the dining room and some other costumes best suited for the red light district.  😮  

Also a lot of dripping wet swimsuits in the lounges and the WJ.   Sat on a chair that I did not notice was wet.  Yuck.  

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Having a day designated formal night doesn't forbid anyone from dressing up any night they want. 

And having a formal night doesn't compel anyone to dress up that night either.   You will see more people dressed up on the designated night, but not as many as you would have seen even five years ago.

I figured as much but I would rather join in on the night chosen then stand out on one not chosen. 😉 I know less and less people are not choosing to dress up. It is a lot to pack and many flights only allow 40lb luggage anymore. Thanks

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am seeing lots of shorts in the dining room and some other costumes best suited for the red light district.  😮  

Also a lot of dripping wet swimsuits in the lounges and the WJ.   Sat on a chair that I did not notice was wet.  Yuck.  

😔

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Visions of hot pants, halter tops and gogo boots. 

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

There are definitely some interesting outfits!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, madawa6 said:

I figured as much but I would rather join in on the night chosen then stand out on one not chosen. 😉 I know less and less people are not choosing to dress up. It is a lot to pack and many flights only allow 40lb luggage anymore. Thanks

If you want to be in the dressed up group, hang out by the main stairways in the center of the ship on formal/photo nights, there are many who congregate or at least pass through.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Umm..yup.  Saw some interesting "costumes" on Liberty last week.  Not too many, but some, nonetheless!!!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, island lady said:

On 2/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, rumnsun said:

I’m hoping someone on our ship wants to dress up with us. 😔

Just off Voyager. Lots of people we dressed up for the formal nights. I was surprised as I felt it was a higher level of participation than other cruises in the past few years. Overall there are always some dressed to the 9's and others not. Last week was no different.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 10:52 AM, njm5378 said:

Just off Voyager. Lots of people we dressed up for the formal nights. I was surprised as I felt it was a higher level of participation than other cruises in the past few years. Overall there are always some dressed to the 9's and others not. Last week was no different.

Yes I’m not expecting most of the ship like 40 years ago. We have done enough cruises to know things have changed but that is nice to hear lots of people on your cruise dressed up.