Delayed online check-in

luv2travel90266

6 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

image.png.67d8089127056fe18107c61f490eed4f.png

Today is Feb 9th. Seeing if others are seeing similar on their cruises or if I should be reaching out to Azamara's IT department. If I recall my last cruise I received an email telling me check-in was available. 

When is your cruise?

If it's more than 30 days in the future check-in may not be available, irrespective of the info displayed.

On our last AZ cruise, Dec 2022 and for our upcoming cruise March 2022, check-in became available about 30 days prior to embarkation, and we did not receive an email.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

Mine shows checkin available 25th January and still not available (30 days to go) documents available today, many cruises having same issue - may be to do with website change

This is strange.

I thought documents became available contemporaneously with check-in.

27 minutes ago, blag said:

This is strange.

I thought documents became available contemporaneously with check-in.

No there is often a gap, it’s two separate processes 

Everyone just ignore worrying about check in

1.  Azamara are in the process of migrating their systems from RCI to their own, so you will get strange errors

2.  You do not have to do online checkin. It can speed things up in the terminal but not by a lot

3.  You do not need the luggage labels in the document, the pier agents can quickly and accurately tag bags

And let’s be kind to the overworked phone agents, don’t phone to tell them you can’t check in, they can do nothing and you’ve just added to the call volumes

Not everyone will agree but I’d say just chill it’s not normal times 

• Like 12

Whilst I agree that most things can be handled at the port, part of the online checkin is to select boarding time (which I guess is to stagger arrivals) many may not know boarding times don’t start till 2pm and turn up too early, everyone could turn up at once!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, uktog said:

No there is often a gap, it’s two separate processes 

They may be separate processes, and perhaps I'm just not very observant, but I have never been aware of the two events being discrete, because, in my experience (following my awareness of the online check-in process), I've been able to check-in when the documents are available.

57 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

Whilst I agree that most things can be handled at the port, part of the online checkin is to select boarding time (which I guess is to stagger arrivals) many may not know boarding times don’t start till 2pm and turn up too early, everyone could turn up at once!

FYI my starting this post showing "check in Feb 8th" which doesn't work is 45 days prior to the cruise. I am fine with 30 days before too. The reason I posted here to see what others are seeing is to not waste time on the phone for myself or Azamara staff so appreciate all sharing their experiences. That is why the cruise critic board is valuable to all of us 

• Like 1

And I thought it was just me or my comuter! I'm seeing the same message for our 23 March sailing on the Pursuit.  It would be nice to have some document in hand and the hotel info as booked by Azamara. I do have the TA's paper work. 

I know that staff at the pier can attach tags for luggage, but I  feel more confident when I attach them before leaving the hotel.

For the past week, I've been going in circles with TAP and choice air for this cruise. Verification codes, incorrect record locator numbers, passport information changes birth and pp expiration dates! Go to love technology!

Darcy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

And I thought it was just me or my comuter! I'm seeing the same message for our 23 March sailing on the Pursuit.  It would be nice to have some document in hand and the hotel info as booked by Azamara. I do have the TA's paper work. 

I know that staff at the pier can attach tags for luggage, but I  feel more confident when I attach them before leaving the hotel.

For the past week, I've been going in circles with TAP and choice air for this cruise. Verification codes, incorrect record locator numbers, passport information changes birth and pp expiration dates! Go to love technology!

Darcy

Good luck with TAP and Lisbon Airport.

TAP have disappointed me consistently, so much so that I refuse to use them, and Lisbon Airport (particularly for departures) is amongst the worst international airports.

2 hours ago, blag said:

Good luck with TAP and Lisbon Airport.

TAP have disappointed me consistently, so much so that I refuse to use them, and Lisbon Airport (particularly for departures) is amongst the worst international airports.

Times have, indeed, changed.  From the 1942 movie, Casablanca: 

"Here, the fortunate ones through money, or influence, or luck, might obtain exit visas and scurry to Lisbon; and from Lisbon, to the New World."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ithikan said:

Times have, indeed, changed.  From the 1942 movie, Casablanca: 

"Here, the fortunate ones through money, or influence, or luck, might obtain exit visas and scurry to Lisbon; and from Lisbon, to the New World."

Casablanca was released just about a month after Lisbon Airport opened, so presumably there was scope for optimism. And those lucky people could not fly with TAP, because the airline didn't exist until some 3 years later.

• Thanks 1