YC question new to YC

ciskadeg

I read that we are given wifi for two devices. Is it two per person  or two per cabin? We also wanne ask of any of you stayed in room 14004 on Maraviglia and have any pictures. This will be our 6th cruise with MSC but first time in Yacht Club. 

Thanks in advance😃

13 minutes ago, ciskadeg said:

I read that we are given wifi for two devices. Is it two per person  or two per cabin

2 per person. Should one decide to upgrade to streaming for the same 2 devices our charge was an additional $48 for the week for each of us.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ciskadeg said:

I read that we are given wifi for two devices. Is it two per person  or two per cabin? We also wanne ask of any of you stayed in room 14004 on Maraviglia and have any pictures. This will be our 6th cruise with MSC but first time in Yacht Club. 

Thanks in advance😃

The YC interiors are all pretty much the same on Meraviglia.  There are not larger handicapped rooms.  There are a number of Youtube videos you could review:

This is probably the best one:  

Edited by JAGR

9 hours ago, ciskadeg said:

Is it two per person

One can just go on line and select a plan for 2, 3, or 4 devices. Just browse or browse and stream for additional charges. The browse for 2 devices is included complimentary for each YC guest. All in all, do not expect available connectivity while out to sea at times.

IMG_2254 2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

...All in all, do not expect available connectivity while out to sea at times.

For most sailings in the Caribbean, would you say there's service a good 90 to 95% of the time (similar to other lines)?

Tom

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

For most sailings in the Caribbean, would you say there's service a good 90 to 95% of the time (similar to other lines)?

Tom

Found Celebrity had better service. Celebrity just installed starlink on the Beyond. Could not upload any videos longer than 10 seconds on the Seascape with the browse and stream package though I could post text. Do not choose MSC right now depending on connectivity to the internet. Choose MSC for its Yacht Club experience. Found it worked better on port days when everyone was off the ship.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Found Celebrity had better service. Celebrity just installed starlink on the Beyond. Could not upload any videos longer than 10 seconds on the Seascape with the browse and stream package though I could post text. Do not choose MSC right now depending on connectivity to the internet. Choose MSC for its Yacht Club experience. Found it worked better on port days when everyone was off the ship.

Thanks

Though, "I've got an angle" (can anyone spot the movie reference?)

I've had significant speed gains using a VPN... We'll see!

Tom

Some helpful Internet tips. 

Everyone on the ship shares limited bandwidth.  The more people online at the same time, the slower everyone's individual connection will be.  Early morning and late evening is when you'll get fastest speeds. Same with port days when everyone's off the ship.  Sea days, forget about it.  Also, the fuller this ship is the more people that are sharing bandwidth.  That's why for the same ship you can hear howls of complaints about Internet speed and others saying how great it is. 

When you sign-in for the first time when you're onboard, the directions and pricing are confusing.  The upgrade price I was shown for two devices was $35 a day.  Once I clicked through it was $48 for the week.  Clear as mud. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, B_A_H said:

When you sign-in for the first time when you're onboard, the directions and pricing are confusing.  The upgrade price I was shown for two devices was $35 a day.  Once I clicked through it was $48 for the week.  Clear as mud. 

Good to know 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 2:32 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

2 per person. Should one decide to upgrade to streaming for the same 2 devices our charge was an additional $48 for the week for each of us.

Nice! Good option thanks for the info😁

On 2/11/2023 at 12:19 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

One can just go on line and select a plan for 2, 3, or 4 devices. Just browse or browse and stream for additional charges. The browse for 2 devices is included complimentary for each YC guest. All in all, do not expect available connectivity while out to sea at times.

IMG_2254 2.jpeg

We were on Seascape and my connection was always there even on sea