LAPEL PINS

GeriatricNurse

11 hours ago, Pitzel said:

Here are our set of cruise pins. The new Latitudes pins are pretty large, TBH, and are a bit cumbersome on a lanyard. See the size vs. the RCCL pins or the old NCL ship pins.

We wear the pins on the first cruise when we receive them, but then they go up on our pin board as a souvenir. We don’t take them with us on subsequent cruises. 

IMG_5605.jpeg

Yeah, those aren't tie tacks, Probably just collect them in our printer's drawer.

On 2/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I'm not a pin wearer. Heck, I peel the dealer's label off my car so no one knows where I got it, but that's more about not providing free advertising.

HA! I thought I was the only one averse to free advertising and I tell them I will not accept delivery until *they* remove the label.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smillerholmes said:

HA! I thought I was the only one averse to free advertising and I tell them I will not accept delivery until *they* remove the label.

I have them removed because I think they look stupid. We used to have a dealer that attached them with screws, just to defeat people like me.  A buddy bought a (cheap) car from that dealer and they had installed it crooked.  That looked even more stupid, but he just had to live with it.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, MSP_CRUISER said:

When people choose to make a statement, then yes I will make a judgement on that statement. It's no different then seeing a political sign in a neighbors yard. It's hard not to judge when people go though all the effort to advertise there status or opinion with others.

You lost me using the wrong "their" there.

We've never gotten tier pins but would have liked to.

Honestly, I don't care what others wear or collect.  I don't have time for that.  Ask me why - it might change your perspective a bit.

• Haha 1

sorry, overblown discussion regarding pins. you are free to not accept them, accept them  and put them into a box or drawer at home, or accept and wear them on board. dont think anyone wearing a pin does it for status. if they do, their status bar must be set extremely low. after this july, we'll be diamond, but  as for other things, that and about $5.00 will get me a starbucks. 

dont  you think that in the overall scheme of things, complaining about whether or not to wear one of the nc cruise pins is "much ado about nothing"?

as an aside to gordonchick, my thoughts and prayers are with you (even though we may never meet) my wife is a breast cancer survivor (74 years old), so i hope nothing but the best for you and your family, and i hope your recent post shuts up a bunch of naysayers

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i hope your recent post shuts up a bunch of naysayers

Sorry friend, but I don't think that anybody needs to "shut up" here.  Pins is a much lighter topic than the truly serious threads about stuff like tipping.  I did tip the CN desk to tell my wife that they were out of pins when they saw us later.  It didn't work.  Maybe I shouldn't have used that $2 bill? 🤣

of course pins are a lighter topic, but dont you think the subject doesnt require this much discussion? 

to paraphrase "to pin or not to pin, that is the question"! LOL

same with "to tip or not to tip"  in the end, they are both personal choices, and shouldnt be beaten to death.

we're on the dawn this july. if  you ask nicely, i'll send your wife a pin !

• Haha 1

Went looking for my pins last night.  I think they’re stuck in one piece of my luggage in the “junk closet” in the basement.  Probably won’t find them until I dig that luggage out for my next cruise.

I had a bunch of them.  The Cruise Next desk dug their fists into their “pin bins” and gave them to me.  IIRC, I gave at least one to @JamieLogical when I sailed on the same ship as her several months ago.

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Went looking for my pins last night.

LOL - I did the same thing last night!!  I was sitting around, pondering what I did with them (they gave me two Silver pins when I asked on my last cruise, I'll get my Gold pin while on my next and Platinum on the one after), walked into my second bedroom with the intent of going through the pockets on my luggage that's stored in there and I just happened to glance right at the spot where I had put them!  It was a real quick search...

• Haha 1