Club Class Specialty Dining Reservation

DivotMaker

We're traveling with another couple and we each have two specialty dining credits.  I attempted to make a reservation for 4 at Crown Grill using the app.  At the top of the app it says "You have a dining credit!  Credit will be applied automatically at reservation confirmation."  So, I added the other party to my reservation and prior to hitting Confirm Reservation it shows the total would be $0 with the $156 Dining Credit.  I clicked the Confirm button, but then receieved an error that my reservation couldn't be submitted so I called Princess.  They said specialty dining reservations aren't needed for Club Class which I haven't been able to confirm anywhere else.  Any help navigating through this is appreciated.

Sort of off the topic, but upon boarding do I have to go to Crown Grill and Sabatinis to make reservations or is there availability to do both at once somewhere? Also, if we have booked and paid online ahead of time, can I book on board with OBC, then cancel and get refunded?  I have read it is a process to go to guest relations first; the reservations get cancelled, then you have to go to the restaurants and hope you can get what you had. 
We have not cruised with Princess in several years and did not do specialty restaurants. On Celebrity, I can book ahead with OBC. 
Thanks

28 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Sort of off the topic, but upon boarding do I have to go to Crown Grill and Sabatinis to make reservations or is there availability to do both at once somewhere?

You can do it from the Medallion app once on board on your device after you connect. You can also use any of the Medallion terminals or your stateroom TV to do it.

image.png.2114819f9d5dfb91ffb60b328d460d3e.png

"They said specialty dining reservations aren't needed for Club Class which I haven't been able to confirm anywhere else. " Princess misunderstood what I think you are trying to say. While it is true Club Class DR seating is walk in, no reservations, I don't think that is your question. Specialty Dining, such as the Crown Grill, does require a reservation, although technically you can walk up and be seated if tables and space happen to be available. The reservation can be made in advance or you can take the chance and make it once on board.

Thank you all for the replies.  I actually called back shortly after posting this and received the exact same answer from a different person, so definitely a little frustrating, but at least I know now thanks to you all.  Have a great day and thank you for your kindness.