Has anyone upgraded to the "new" premier package?

DivotMaker

We booked before the "new" Premier perks came out (as you can see below from our reservation).  From the Q&A it states:

Will I receive the new perks if I purchased Princess Plus or Premier at the old rate of $50/$75 per day?
You can absolutely upgrade to the new perks at the new price! If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.

Our travel companions called Princess today and were told it would be $20/day to upgrade, which makes no sense to me since we all paid $75/day when we bought it and it's now $80/day, so just a $5/day difference.  I was going to call Princess tomorrow to see if I received a different answer since it seems there's a lot of confusion due to all the new changes.  Curious if anyone has upgraded from the "old" $75/day Premier to the "new" $80/day Premier and what their cost was.  Thanks.   

premier.png

Whoever your companions talked to didn’t understand what you wanted and quoted the cost to move from Plus to Premier.  Let them know you want to upgrade  from Original Premier which was $75  per person per day to New Premier which is $80 per person per day. 

Upgrading from original premier to new premier is $5 per person per day. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

First time I saw that the reserved area in the Princess Theater was only for Production shows.

I asked and was told that those reserved seats were for family & friends of the cast members.

What will the new reserved seating for the Premier package look like is anybody guess ring now.

I'm wondering how many seats will be reserved and what location they'll be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DivotMaker said:

Our travel companions called Princess today and were told it would be $20/day to upgrade, which makes no sense to me since we all paid $75/day when we bought it and it's now $80/day, so just a $5/day difference.  I was going to call Princess tomorrow to see if I received a different answer since it seems there's a lot of confusion due to all the new changes.  Curious if anyone has upgraded from the "old" $75/day Premier to the "new" $80/day Premier and what their cost was.  Thanks.   

The agent probably misunderstood what they were trying to do.  $20 is the price difference between the new plus and premier packages.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

First time I saw that the reserved area in the Princess Theater was only for Production shows.

34 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I asked and was told that those reserved seats were for family & friends of the cast members.

What will the new reserved seating for the Premier package look like is anybody guess ring now.

I'm wondering how many seats will be reserved and what location they'll be.

Post #1 is showing about the reserved area being only for Production shows with the new package. Any reserved area you saw in the past is not connected to this new "benefit."

Just watched a video from Let's Go Travel Tips and a viewer told her that for their upcoming cruise (2/20/23) on the Discovery for which they booked Princess Plus, the special desserts and juice bar would not be available and that they would get a $10 credit per day instead.  Don't know if this is for all ships or just that one. 

11 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Just watched a video from Let's Go Travel Tips and a viewer told her that for their upcoming cruise (2/20/23) on the Discovery for which they booked Princess Plus, the special desserts and juice bar would not be available and that they would get a $10 credit per day instead.  Don't know if this is for all ships or just that one. 

That would be nice if true for my 3/2 Caribbean Princess sailing.  The desserts mean nothing to us, so a $10 credit would be $200 compensation for losing the juice bar, which seems more than fair.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, caribill said:

Any reserved area you saw in the past is not connected to this new "benefit."

Right. I was only wondering haw many seats they'll now be reserving for both the new package plus additional for friends & relatives.

It should prove to be interesting whenever it begins.

From what I observed, people will have to make it a point to get there early to get a decent seat.

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

From what I observed, people will have to make it a point to get there early to get a decent seat.

Right. Still have to line up/come early, just knowing you are not competing with those without the Premier Package for seats.

And the question remains:  is the reserved area the area you would have preferred to sit at?

When I come to the theater relatively early there are people sitting all over, each person in an area they consider best.

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

When I come to the theater relatively early there are people sitting all over, each person in an area they consider best.

From what I've seen recently, the reserved seats for family and friends are all in the middle section, one section up from the lower seats. They're really choice seats.

In addition to those seats they scatter handicapped seating all over the place.