Another dress code question

Maplemoose

Guest TopoChico
51 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Breakfast and lunch t-shirts, except maybe sleeveless, are permitted.  For dinner I have seen people turned away, pre COVID, if not wearing a collared shirt and long pants. 

I saw a young guy turned away for wearing tasteful shorts and loafers with a crisp button down shirt..while women strolled in wearing 6 inch heels and whatever they wanted, micro mini skirts, tube tops, fishnets and shorts, clothes  that were so short and so tight - they were more like underpants than shorts. Maybe it’s a sailing-from-San Juan thing, but people watching with a drink at Cellar Masters during dinner time was the best show on the ship. 

Edited by TopoChico

On 2/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, TopoChico said:

You can dress that way anywhere any time even on dress up nights in the MDR or the pretend restaurants. We quickly realized nobody really dresses to impress anymore. And if they do, it’s for themselves, not for the other cruisers.  We like to dress a little bit nicer than we would going to the Cheesecake Factory, but it’s totally optional.

Will note when we did an overnight in Bermuda there were a group of local VIPs on board. They wore the national dress of Bermuda- Bermuda Shorts.  They were allowed in theMDR for dinner.  

Lowly me in a leg cast was forced to wear a large towel to be seated.  Was sort of funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Fake news!

i didn't think so UNTIL I was reading:(bolded by me)

Guest Ticket Booklet

10 NIGHT ULTIMATE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
CELEBRITY EDGE 24 FEB 2023...

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps
and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty
restaurant at any time
. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the
evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and
enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant
of choice, Additionally, guests are asked to follow the dress code in the
Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

46 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My understanding or interpretation of the T-shirt noted above are those wife beater, mussel type T-shirts. Not long sleeved, half sleeved or thee quarter sleeved T-shirts. I always (and many others) wear T-shirts and shorts in the MDR for breakfast and the occasional lunch. All acceptable. 

A"wife beater/muscle shirt" is a tank top(or at least that is what I call them?), and since they list both t-shirts and tank tops separetely I figured they were referring to different things? 

12 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

A"wife beater/muscle shirt" is a tank top(or at least that is what I call them?), and since they list both t-shirts and tank tops separetely I figured they were referring to different things? 

Wife beater, muscle and tank top all three have one thing in common. No sleeves. Sleeveless. That's the issue Celebrity has with mens T-shirts, not womens in the MDR anytime. T-shirts have three styles of sleeves as mention before. Telling you what my experiences have always been on all our Celebrity cruises. I'll be wearing my T-shirts in the MDR for breakfast and lunch (if we decide to eat lunch in the MDR) on our March Caribbean Apex cruise. You decide and enjoy your cruise. 🍻

Edited by davekathy

The published standards are so relaxed it it hard to understand why anyone would have a question on what is worn in the MDR at dinner.  Not supposed to wear shorts, swim wear, or bubba shirts.  Just about everything else is OK.   I like the suggested dress standard.  

7 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Will note when we did an overnight in Bermuda there were a group of local VIPs on board. They wore the national dress of Bermuda- Bermuda Shorts.  They were allowed in theMDR for dinner.  

Lowly me in a leg cast was forced to wear a large towel to be seated.  Was sort of funny.

I think real Bermuda shorts should be allowed, with the appropriate shirt, even at dinner. You have to wear the long dark socks too🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:35 AM, dodger1964 said:

My "designer jeans" were designed by Lee.

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Breakfast and lunch t-shirts, except maybe sleeveless, are permitted.  For dinner I have seen people turned away, pre COVID, if not wearing a collared shirt and long pants. 

Mine are designed by GAP