Sorry Princess

NMTexaco

4 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We've had a couple very nice cruises on Carnival. Just have to go when kid season is low and stay away from the 3-5 day booze pick-up cruises. Our worst experience was on A NCL ship we nicknamed "The Ghetto Boat". We'd like to try Celebrity but am not interested in their new edge balconies.

A 4 day coastal and 2 10 day Alaskans.

Miracle.  Do I need to say more?  

And silly me has 2 more Alaskans this year on the same Miracle.  I'm a glutton.  

But free cruises. Yeah, glutton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

We've had a couple very nice cruises on Carnival. Just have to go when kid season is low and stay away from the 3-5 day booze pick-up cruises. Our worst experience was on A NCL ship we nicknamed "The Ghetto Boat". We'd like to try Celebrity but am not interested in their new edge balconies.

All the M&S class Celebrity ships have traditionally balconies. Only the E class ships have the infinite verandas. Also the E class ships have what is called the Deluxe Porthole Verandas and also Sunset Verandas.  More of a traditional balcony. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

All the M&S class Celebrity ships have traditionally balconies. Only the E class ships have the infinite verandas. Also the E class ships have what is called the Deluxe Porthole Verandas and also Sunset Verandas.  More of a traditional balcony. 

The Sunset Verandas are fantastic cabins. Larger than a deluxe balcony on Royal Class ships with balconies big enough for loungers 

5E88DA28-87DC-41DE-9121-BCBB5B02A5BC.jpeg

DE1938B7-9EFE-4947-A74B-FB46ED8BF1B7.jpeg

DC5D753F-6284-4790-B377-3AA1CF713FDF.jpeg

D8153709-9195-45B5-B235-FDD3614EED24.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

The Sunset Verandas are fantastic cabins. Larger than a deluxe balcony on Royal Class ships with balconies big enough for loungers 

Great info, we'll have to look into those. Just wasn't interested in the edge type balconies.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 1:43 PM, CruiseSter1ing said:

DO NOT go on the Celebrity Millennium.  Or any of its sister ships.   --- that's from my experience.  

I was on the Summit last week and it was a wonderful cruise. I was on this ship 11 years ago and it was showing it's age back then, but after a complete renovation in 2019 it was extremely beautiful and looks almost brand new in most areas. I would highly recommend this ship to anyone (unless you're looking for a Carnival party-like atmosphere or enjoy the gigantic Royal Caribbean ships and all of the bells and whistles that come along with those). 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, justafem said:

A 4 day coastal and 2 10 day Alaskans.

Miracle.  Do I need to say more?  

And silly me has 2 more Alaskans this year on the same Miracle.  I'm a glutton.  

But free cruises. Yeah, glutton. 

Free Alaska makes Carnival much more bearable.  Did the Spirit last year in a balcony for $400 and that made it worth it, since Carnival in Alaska is still better than No Alaska. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Sailed on Summit, sister of Millie, numerous times and loved all of them.  Granted, Millie has not been “Revolutionized”  like the other M class older ships and I have never sailed on her.  If you want awesome Celebrity ships, then either S class or Edge class would give you the real Celebrity experience.

Millennium was definitely revolutionized, we were just on her last September.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Millennium was definitely revolutionized, we were just on her last September.

Thank you for correcting me and of course you are right.  I was thinking of Infinity, which we recently sailed on.  I prefer S class and Edge class.

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you for correcting me and of course you are right.  I was thinking of Infinity, which we recently sailed on.  I prefer S class and Edge class.

We'll be on Reflection this January, so I'm hoping I enjoy the S class as much as we did Millennium.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 6:24 PM, NMTexaco said:

I'm sorry Princess, we strayed. Just back from an 8 day on Royal Carribean Enchantment of the Seas. Took this trip last minute as we were in Baltimore. This ship needs to be scrapped. Its Old, Stinks, has beds that would make sleeping on the floor almost preferable. Food in main dining room was very good however in their Horizon its cold and boring. Children were let into the Adult Solarium all day long. Trivia games were held daily however their PA system need work done on it also. The best prizes they could give was a Free Bingo ticket. Toiletries in the bathroom consisted of a single bar of soap. No cheap shampoo or lotion. Embarkation and Disembarkation went smoothly. So sorry again Princess, no matter what city we find ourselves in, it's you all the way or stay home. 

Very well put.

Cheers

Princess was my favorite cruise line (although I haven't had a chance to sail Princess post covid).  But in all fairness, most of the mainstream cruise lines seemed more similar than different, and we just sailed primarily for itinerary.  But the one thing I can warn you to be careful about is NCL changing itineraries after final payment for non emergency reasons.  So if you are an itinerary person (not everyone on my last NCL cruise was and the people who were just happy to be out of the cold in NY were totally fine with 1 port and one morning being cancelled to help the environment after final payment).  They also removed the inside passage from the spirit cruises to Alaska.   I'd recommend checking the NCL board or the ship's recent reviews if their are similar cruises to your itinerary to see if they've been making a lot of changes prior to booking with NCL.