Wonder of the Seas 2/5 - 2/12

LEMJMcC

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes there is but when I was onboard (also early before 11) the line there was very long I guess since that's the first place people see.  I went up to Giovanni's and booked everything and same thing Hibachi was either sold out or I think they want people to book it right at Izumi.  I ended up with the Sushi and loved it.  Was NOT a fan of Hooked.  Service when I was there for both lunch and dinner was pretty bad.  I have the UDP booked for my August Wonder sailing and I think I am going to cancel and just buy separate dining.  

Hmm.... that sounds like a good move.   We're not Hibachi fans but love Izumi sushi for lunch on sea days.  We liked Hooked on the Symphony but too much food.   I like Wonderland but DW is kinda indifferent. Want to try Mason Jar once and maybe their sea day brunch  Always ahd good meals at Chops and 150.  Mixed at Giovanni's.

Just curious if you were able to select your restaurant the first night or was it assigned.  

Planner just says UDP reserved. 5:30P .

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Hmm.... that sounds like a good move.   We're not Hibachi fans but love Izumi sushi for lunch on sea days.  We liked Hooked on the Symphony but too much food.   I like Wonderland but DW is kinda indifferent. Want to try Mason Jar once and maybe their sea day brunch  Always ahd good meals at Chops and 150.  Mixed at Giovanni's.

Just curious if you were able to select your restaurant the first night or was it assigned.  

Planner just says UDP reserved. 5:30P .

I have had the UDP several times and have NEVER been assigned a restaurant for the first night.  I booked Izumi Sushi for  lunch on my 3 sea days in August for $13 incl gratuity about a month ago.  

6 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

I don't know what is typical for Cabin Stewards, but ours told us he had 39 cabins assigned to him; and I imagine many of those were junior suites.  Does that sound like a lot or is that average? 

That is a HUGE number of cabins.

6 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Seems I did see that, but it was later after the hectic period on onboarding.  I wish RCI would allow those who purchase the UDP the opportunity to make their reservations at the time of the purchase, while reserving enough seating for those who purchase individual meals at the specialty venues while on the ship.

But that is why they give you a discount on the dining.  If you want to make your reservations before your cruise, you must pay the full price in the Cruise Planner.  Want a discounted price?  You are trading the price factor for the flexibility factor.

We were on that sailing in February. Giovanni’s was a disappointment. Not like the Giovanni’s on Oasis or Allure. We are Diamond Plus so we got the BOGO. We chose Chops and Giovanni’s. Chops was great. We had a great cruise. We were in a Central Park balcony which was wonderful. Loved the Windjammer , Solarium Bistro, Central Park Cafe, Sorrento’s Pizza etc. Trellis Bar in Central Park is great. Don’t let people get you down if you have a cruise booked on Wonder. It was a great cruise. Just get on that ship and enjoy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, royalmariner24 said:

We were on that sailing in February. Giovanni’s was a disappointment. Not like the Giovanni’s on Oasis or Allure. We are Diamond Plus so we got the BOGO. We chose Chops and Giovanni’s. Chops was great. We had a great cruise. We were in a Central Park balcony which was wonderful. Loved the Windjammer , Solarium Bistro, Central Park Cafe, Sorrento’s Pizza etc. Trellis Bar in Central Park is great. Don’t let people get you down if you have a cruise booked on Wonder. It was a great cruise. Just get on that ship and enjoy.

I agree it’s a great ship. Booked 10 months in advance and read constant complaints online leading up to our cruise. Once onboard all the things I heard people complain about were really minor and didn’t affect our experience. It was absolutely the best vacation we’ve had. My wife is begging me to book another cruise on Wonder. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, royalmariner24 said:

We are also Diamond Plus and we are going to do the BOGO deal, do you happen to remember the price on board for Chops & Giovanni's? I know someone once suggested to just buy what restaurants you are interested in from the cruise planner and only buy for one person and then both people show up to the reservation, I somehow do not think they would allow this. Sorry OP, not trying to hijack your post 🙂

16 hours ago, sbfanatic said:

What terminal doe Wonder port at? Is there any hotels that shuttle to that terminal?

Terminal !.

Yes hotels in PC have shuttles.  But sometimes it's best to take a taxi.  Shuttles are scheduled for various times usually starting around 11 AM and as I recall you have to sign up at the hotel.

13 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

We are also Diamond Plus and we are going to do the BOGO deal, do you happen to remember the price on board for Chops & Giovanni's? I know someone once suggested to just buy what restaurants you are interested in from the cruise planner and only buy for one person and then both people show up to the reservation, I somehow do not think they would allow this. Sorry OP, not trying to hijack your post 🙂

Giovanni’s was $58.99 per person and I think Chops was $76.99 per person. I book those as soon as I get on the ship because they fill up quickly, especially Chops 😊

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I agree it’s a great ship. Booked 10 months in advance and read constant complaints online leading up to our cruise. Once onboard all the things I heard people complain about were really minor and didn’t affect our experience. It was absolutely the best vacation we’ve had. My wife is begging me to book another cruise on Wonder. 

We are going back on the Wonder in November. It was such a great trip in February. 😊

18 hours ago, royalmariner24 said:

Oh I agree.  We had an absolute blast on Wonder!  I just didn't realize the benefit of the UDP.  For those who've not experienced an Oasis-class ship, you're in for a treat!

1 hour ago, 3eaglesfam said:

Thank you for the review!  We are on Wonder mid March.  So far we are not planning to do any specialty restaurants for dinners but we did book Mason Jar for Embarkation day brunch and Giovanni's for my 50th birthday lunch.  

I'd say you'll enjoy both very much!  The Panacotta (sp?) at Giovanni's was a real surprise, if you like pistachio; and the chocolate ravioli is quite delicious too!  The cinnamon roll at Mason Jar is big and its icing is not very sweet, more of a cream cheese type icing, goes great with a tall glass of cold milk!

We also enjoyed breakfast at Johnny Rockets, though my pancakes were kind of cool, but I understand.  I did splurge and ordered a bacon chocolate milkshake with my breakfast...pretty good!

Enjoy and happy birthday!  Celebrated my 55th while onboard last week...be sure to let those places know and they usually bring something special out!

Edited by LEMJMcC