Legionnaire's Disease on Prima

schmoopie17

18 hours ago, agendagirl2004 said:

I just received this letter for the sailing we are going on March 19th. I really don't feel comfortable going after reading all the comments here and in other places. I have been searching on Norwegian to find out what my options are at this point but have been unable to find anything. I also don't understand why they have not completely checked the ship. I have been trying to find anything on the CDC website but have been unable to find anything referring to this specific incident. From what I have been reading my understanding is it comes from water sources,,, their water and I just don't understand why there is no where to find out what they have done. I do see on another cruise line that the CDC mentions what they have done but nothing on Norwegian.

I received the same letter. Has it been confirmed that the people from the Nov 19 sailing actually picked this up on the ship? Is it possible that they got it somewhere else, perhaps while on an excursion?

4 hours ago, lecrump said:

I received the same letter. Has it been confirmed that the people from the Nov 19 sailing actually picked this up on the ship? Is it possible that they got it somewhere else, perhaps while on an excursion?

This is not Covid that spreads between people. I rather doubt they took showers on excursions and the showerhead was contaminated.

16 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This is not Covid that spreads between people. I rather doubt they took showers on excursions and the showerhead was contaminated.

Pre or post cruise hotel?  There are plenty of possibilities besides the ship.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I understand it is not spread person to person. You can get from water sources other than showers such as hot tubs, a/c units, etc.