Cruise Tickets

Devonport D

We got them about a week and half before we cruised, that said they never ask to see them.  When checking in they ask us for are suite number to check bags.  Next they ask to see our passports and Covid card, signed health paper got our credit card and we were on the ship.

10 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

We got them about a week and half before we cruised, that said they never ask to see them.  When checking in they ask us for are suite number to check bags.  Next they ask to see our passports and Covid card, signed health paper got our credit card and we were on the ship.

That almost always true, except when joining the Moon in Barcelona last October we had to produce them!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just asked for expedition of receipt of my cruise tickets for Barbados to Lisbon in three weeks time because I am heading off early next week to Quito to go to the Galapagos and following Galapagos I am travelling over to Barbados to pick up the Dawn.  I believe the authorities in Barbados can often require sight of departure arrangement tickets out of Barbados at the time of arrival!

15 minutes ago, labrasett said:

I believe the authorities in Barbados can often require sight of departure arrangement tickets out of Barbados at the time of arrival!

Good point. My SS rep tells me they don’t issue anything any more. Luckily my return flight is from Barbados too. The flight details are in my.silversea, but there is nothing I can see to state I’m boarding a ship or where I need to go to  embark.

21 hours ago, les37b said:

Good point. My SS rep tells me they don’t issue anything any more. Luckily my return flight is from Barbados too. The flight details are in my.silversea, but there is nothing I can see to state I’m boarding a ship or where I need to go to  embark.

My rep phoned me this morning in response to an email sent yesterday.  He said the cruise ticket will not be available until the middle of next week so I think there is actually a ticket and I think I got one via email for the preceding Galapagos trip.   He said he thought the ticket would be available on Wednesday next week but he would try and get it out to me on Monday as we are travelling on Tuesday.   What I have done is to print off the full "Guest Information Form" from Mysilversea which shows clearly what our arrangements are, ie joining ship in Barbados and departing for Lisbon and I am inclined to think that will be adequate.  If not while I am in Ecuador or Peru I will have to find a helpful hotel concierge or receptionist to print of any ticket documentation which arrives before we head off to Barbados.   I was impressed with the speed of response from my SS rep.

2 hours ago, dougburns said:

As ggo85 said, my ticketing arrived today for my 23 Mar cruise on the Dawn. It came from SS via our TA and not directly from SS. It has not shown up on mysilversea.

My home departure is 3 days time and still not got anything. No details whatsoever apart from an email about a week ago, telling me it was my responsibility to ensure I had all the correct documents and visas. My SS rep was always pretty good with info, but his replacement isn’t so far.

No mention given at all about the online form you need to fill in to enter Barbados 4 days before arrival. (So you should be able to on 19 March)

https://travelform.gov.bb/create

I’m not overly concerned about the lack of ticket, but do hope we get one for Japan showing boarding location details in case we decide to make our own way.

Nothing in my.silversea apart from GIF, COVID upload and flight details. I know people use to voice the silver box was over the top, but it seems it’s gone completely the other way now.

5 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Les, was that Stephan? If so then you are being very complementary about his replacement 😏

Chocolate fireguard is a phrase that springs to mind.

Haha. No it wasn’t. My replacement is a new starter. Good luck to my “original” on his promotion and hopefully the new guy improves as he learns the ropes.

He’s still much better than the TA I’ve got for the April booking, though to be fair the continual changes can’t be helpful.