Sorry Princess, but that’s NOT Chocolate Cake

thunderbaycruiser

17 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

So, I had to go look because I've always gotten bottled water.   It clearly states bottled water, but then I kept reading and I noticed the "for cruises departing thru February 19, 2023".....hmmmmm.    What's coming tomorrow?

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 4.28.39 PM.png

Pretty sure cutbacks are what's coming. Already here for this cruise.

52 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Uncooked tortilla? That's a street taco, and supposed to be that way. Have you had street tacos?  

I live in California. I've had tons of street tacos. I grew up eating tacos. The tortillas are usually heated. This was stone cold and had a pile of lettuce on top.  The "usual" Princess version of a street taco has the tortilla heated on the grill in a holder that puts a slight bend in them so the taco folds over. I've had them a number of times in the past and they look like a taco made with small corn tortillas. What I was served was unlike anything I've ever seen before and was only one item whereas the menu on the wall clearly states you get 2 tacos. They don't taste like what I get at taco trucks or the local Mexican places that offer street tacos but they are definitely identifiable as tacos.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Street tacos - also know as traditional Mexican tacos - are not fried. They are soft tacos that have a tortilla that isn't fried. So, "the guy" was actually accurate. 

Street Tacos - Don't Sweat The Recipe  image.jpeg.21cde2554cfee29eecf6e932a2d0cf21.jpeg

No. Not at all what I was served. Believe me I know what a street taco is. Yes, they look like your pictures. Now... Take ONE tortilla and lay in in the bottom of a small bowl. Pile a bit of lettuce on top. That is not a street taco. I really wish I had taken a picture of the mess. Like I said previously, I live in California and grew up eating tacos. When Taco Bell came to town I was blown away as I had never seen one of those stupid crispy "taco shells". We always just had regular corn tortillas. Street tacos didn't make it this far north until later but have been a staple in the area for many, many, many years. I have also had street tacos in Mexico. (Love putting lime on them.)

Edit: While not "cooked" Princess does heat their tortillas a bit to make them more pliable. I've had them in restaurants and from taco trucks where they are either gently heated or simply room temperature.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

No. Not at all what I was served. Believe me I know what a street taco is. Yes, they look like your pictures. Now... Take ONE tortilla and lay in in the bottom of a small bowl. Pile a bit of lettuce on top. That is not a street taco. I really wish I had taken a picture of the mess. Like I said previously, I live in California and grew up eating tacos. When Taco Bell came to town I was blown away as I had never seen one of those stupid crispy "taco shells". We always just had regular corn tortillas. Street tacos didn't make it this far north until later but have been a staple in the area for many, many, many years. I have also had street tacos in Mexico. (Love putting lime on them.)

Edit: While not "cooked" Princess does heat their tortillas a bit to make them more pliable. I've had them in restaurants and from taco trucks where they are either gently heated or simply room temperature.

OK, got it. I didn't have a good idea what you were served. Now I understand. NOT street tacos. Done correctly, street tacos are pretty good! I live in San Jose and get them all the time from local taco trucks. Yum!

2 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Directly from the app. Onboard Majestic Princess right now. It’s nice people were able to get these beverages at some point in the past as part of the drinks package. This is no longer the case.

03F8FEBB-C8EE-4402-B62A-91795FEEE33C.thumb.jpeg.b8e2614b92d97ec6cd22a13a0d918d49.jpeg27B23F83-398C-4EF8-90E3-CC421C288CB3.thumb.jpeg.7d65eb700b76f209f3ae6d5c493ec0e0.jpeg6518EC23-889E-4EA9-93FE-E9D44423F505.thumb.jpeg.ed0067b52a5e63dc9c9104ffc18aff1a.jpegE22BE0EA-3AD2-4F83-95E1-48DD4F269B03.thumb.jpeg.abbd2faac37c0ea65d4fbd3c96f775ae.jpeg674C862E-7075-43CC-9CB9-48ABA2571C03.thumb.jpeg.fde5d3baa5422cbf724157f1dba472d8.jpeg2AEA2FCD-BDE3-42E4-A012-0FCA775BDA91.thumb.jpeg.f4ea06c0c16ab0902f303552bbb2431f.jpegC18CD8AD-5DA5-44E1-9BD9-7B5ABA0B6422.thumb.jpeg.30d1e869f2888e830e60d6a375cf2412.jpeg

We've had the drinks package many times in the past and cans have never been included, just soda from the 'gun' or fountain.  Maybe I'm not understanding the problem.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Directly from the app. Onboard Majestic Princess right now. It’s nice people were able to get these beverages at some point in the past as part of the drinks package. This is no longer the case.

03F8FEBB-C8EE-4402-B62A-91795FEEE33C.thumb.jpeg.b8e2614b92d97ec6cd22a13a0d918d49.jpeg27B23F83-398C-4EF8-90E3-CC421C288CB3.thumb.jpeg.7d65eb700b76f209f3ae6d5c493ec0e0.jpeg6518EC23-889E-4EA9-93FE-E9D44423F505.thumb.jpeg.ed0067b52a5e63dc9c9104ffc18aff1a.jpegE22BE0EA-3AD2-4F83-95E1-48DD4F269B03.thumb.jpeg.abbd2faac37c0ea65d4fbd3c96f775ae.jpeg674C862E-7075-43CC-9CB9-48ABA2571C03.thumb.jpeg.fde5d3baa5422cbf724157f1dba472d8.jpeg2AEA2FCD-BDE3-42E4-A012-0FCA775BDA91.thumb.jpeg.f4ea06c0c16ab0902f303552bbb2431f.jpegC18CD8AD-5DA5-44E1-9BD9-7B5ABA0B6422.thumb.jpeg.30d1e869f2888e830e60d6a375cf2412.jpeg

Did you try to get a bottle of water in one of the bars/restaurants?  The app could be wrong...especially since the changes to the packages are not supposed to start until tomorrow.

Yes, the packages have always been Fountain Cokes, No Cans. Cost Extra for cans.

(If Elite you have diet coke cans, water in your bar set up)

Always small water in packages, have to pay for the big bottles.

Room service I always call, can get the orders the way I want. Add extra things.

you can't with app or from the TV ordering.

Yes, sometimes are mistakes either you just take it or call room service and get.

it right. Your call.

Chocolate cake as of two weeks ago on the Royal had it. If call on phone to order and they

are OUT of it they Will Tell You. It's a popular item. So sometimes you get a big piece.

and other times small. Depends on how much they have left.

Also remember sometimes each ship can do things different at times.

8 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

Did you try to get a bottle of water in one of the bars/restaurants?  The app could be wrong...especially since the changes to the packages are not supposed to start until tomorrow.

Guest services said all bars would have bottled water available. Even the big bottles. I was wondering if I needed to go somewhere for water or just order from room service.

This was not the case. Had to order on the app. Charged for each and every bottle.

I believe the changes are for cruises departing the 20th so won’t help us.

53 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We've had the drinks package many times in the past and cans have never been included, just soda from the 'gun' or fountain.  Maybe I'm not understanding the problem.

🤷🏼‍♂️ cans of Coke Zero are no problem for the mini bar swap. The answer on Diet Coke has always been there’s none on board. Turns out it is, just have to pay. Why can’t they be up front about this. It is was it is and we would have paid from the start. Told it’s unavailable. Why the secrecy.

We also understood bottled water could be ordered under our plan. Turns out that’s false.

Hopefully that changes for future cruises, but bottled water was not excluded when we bought the plan (same time we booked the cruise).

The problem is a cheapened experience with nickle and diming. We are in a full suite and platinum. Paid a lot for our cabin and for the first time ever over $1,100 for a drink package we thought included anything we wanted up to $16 aud. Our choice. But it’s a lie. Numerous exclusions. Makes no sense I can order an expensive glass of wine but what’s that, you would like a $3.75 can of Diet Coke or similarly priced bottle of water? Nope. Sorry. That’s not possible.

And yes before anyone jumps in, we did get our Suite allotment of bottled water. We’ve used it all. What we have not used on any day is our daily allotment of drinks that we paid a total of over $2,200 to enjoy (2 people). We were not provided a list of what’s excluded.

Well sorry but I have a problem with this.

Edited by thunderbaycruiser

They have cake. Just seemingly very little. Slice thinner than a fork, but it is cake. Called room service directly. Explained what I got last night. “Oh that’s the chocolate mousse.”  “Yes. I didn’t order the chocolate mousse.”

16 oz coffee was more like 8 oz… 🤷🏼‍♂️

E587ACD0-03FA-4B6B-9973-7B88A85A5CC0.thumb.jpeg.5347a494e87a4e09c858e31a52ce2bbb.jpegC0710B57-436B-4024-B1CB-E2FD686DE58C.thumb.jpeg.5dca6b7d36f08d60a0fe6c9789b80cbe.jpeg

If you are in a suite, you should also be getting 2 bottles of water every evening. I've stopped by any bar and asked for water.  Sometimes, they scan my medallion, sometimes, they just handed it to me.

Most recent was October 2022 cruise.

I can't explain why you are not able to get water with your package.  Seems very strange.

Thunder maybe misunderstandings

Fountain coke always in package. Pay extra for a can.

When you asked for a can, they said no because they thought you wanted it on package deal.

They didn't tell you-- you could buy it.

Water, their charging for is Mineral water not the small regular water you get in packages.

Always have to buy the big bottle. You know the ships water is safe to drink. Same you drink.

at dinner (if you do)

You should be getting the water----

I would go to front desk, show your bill and have them take the charges. 

off for any water charges or anything else that they charged that you had.

free with your Princess Plus package.

Do it while on cruise, not after.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you are in a suite, you should also be getting 2 bottles of water every evening. I've stopped by any bar and asked for water.  Sometimes, they scan my medallion, sometimes, they just handed it to me.

Most recent was October 2022 cruise.

I can't explain why you are not able to get water with your package.  Seems very strange.

We did. And I cannot fault them for this. Was all in the cabin from the start rather than 2 each day, but added up to that. 

It just seems so stupid that it’s now only available at cost less 25% - just seems so petty. 

5 minutes ago, Chad_O said:

perhaps the difference is the OP is discussing a room service order through the app which is not covered by the drinks packages from what i understand. Perhaps others can verify. 

Nope. The app is not different. We have ordered many drinks to our cabin. Many an order for up to $58 all free since we have the plan.

As long as each drink was $16 aud or below, the app has correctly deducted all charges as expected under our plan.

We just hit a petty brick wall with bottled water or Diet Coke. It’s bizarre.

Edited by thunderbaycruiser

4 minutes ago, Chad_O said:

perhaps the difference is the OP is discussing a room service order through the app which is not covered by the drinks packages from what i understand. Perhaps others can verify. 

1 minute ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Nope. The app is not different. We have ordered many drinks to our cabin. Many an order for up to $58 all free since we have the plan.

We just hit a petty brick wall with bottled water or Diet Coke. It’s bizarre.

What ship are you on? Water was included last week on our voyage. Also, last month.

8 minutes ago, Belle said:

Thunder maybe misunderstandings

Fountain coke always in package. Pay extra for a can.

When you asked for a can, they said no because they thought you wanted it on package deal.

They didn't tell you-- you could buy it.

Water, their charging for is Mineral water not the small regular water you get in packages.

Always have to buy the big bottle. You know the ships water is safe to drink. Same you drink.

at dinner (if you do)

Sorry, this is incorrect. Not special mineral water. It’s regular bottled water. Nothing special about it other than being excluded from the plan.

5 minutes ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Majestic Princess. Left February 11th from Sydney. Sailed to Fiji. Returning February 24th to Sydney.

Maybe it's an Australian thing? Our cruises were out of Ft. Lauderdale and Los Angeles. Was able to get San Pellegrino bottles also, included with the package. 

• Like 2

Okay, stand down red alert.

Spoke with guest services and despite the app claiming small bottles of water are NOT included:

5DC91050-2FED-439B-BA91-A9623EFAC8E9.thumb.jpeg.61768b111ec1a7d8d8dfbef923c2ba21.jpeg

The app does discount the order:

8AD88E9B-02C6-44A9-A972-A6CE3DCA2422.thumb.jpeg.3630c82c02e036a887971a856f518cb6.jpeg

We didn’t bother ordering the small bottles because it was a better buy to get the bigger bottle.

I don’t understand why this is all so

complicated. Why the mixed messages? Is this a change that’s coming?

Still, I will never understand what’s so special about Diet Coke. But whatever.

42 minutes ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Okay, stand down red alert.

Spoke with guest services and despite the app claiming small bottles of water are NOT included:

5DC91050-2FED-439B-BA91-A9623EFAC8E9.thumb.jpeg.61768b111ec1a7d8d8dfbef923c2ba21.jpeg

The app does discount the order:

8AD88E9B-02C6-44A9-A972-A6CE3DCA2422.thumb.jpeg.3630c82c02e036a887971a856f518cb6.jpeg

We didn’t bother ordering the small bottles because it was a better buy to get the bigger bottle.

I don’t understand why this is all so

complicated. Why the mixed messages? Is this a change that’s coming?

Still, I will never understand what’s so special about Diet Coke. But whatever.

Still not understanding.  Small bottle of water has always been free.  Large bottle of water has always come with a charge.  Perrier and San Pellegrino (small bottles) have always been free.  

Are you now saying that you never tried to order the smaller bottles?  Or that the small bottles were charged to your account?  

Not you, I am the one confused.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Uncooked tortilla? That's a street taco, and supposed to be that way. Have you had street tacos?  

Well, I live in Puerto Vallarta (part of the year) and can assure you that you will never find "uncooked tortillas) on the street (or in a restaurant).  If you get flour tortilla, any tacos vendor will toss it on a grill for a short time.  Come to my condo and I will walk you to a dozen street vendors (within 2 blocks) and you will not ever see an uncooked tortilla.  While they are not "fried" they are heated/cooked on a grill.

Hank

• Thanks 1