Bermuda and $40 to get there ??

fishbonz

Just now, Denversail said:

I remember thinking the Bermuda fee was related to Covid testing. Now that you ask this I do wonder. I’ve seen a few articles lately of other places implementing a tourist tax when entering the country. 

It had nothing to do with testing.  There was sone explanation on the govt form but I honestly don’t recall what it said
m

44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It had nothing to do with testing.  There was some explanation on the govt form but I honestly don’t recall what it said
m

Beg to differ on this. It had everything to do with both Covid vaccinations and testing originally. While the testing requirement had been dropped by the time we cruised there on Mariner in August 2022, it was still requested on the application form when we applied in July.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Beg to differ on this. It had everything to do with both Covid vaccinations and testing originally. While the testing requirement had been dropped by the time we cruised there on Mariner in August 2022, it was still requested on the application form when we applied in July.

Bermuda Govt did not test me upon arrival in May 2022.  So, I don't see how the $40pp we were required to pay was for testing.

$80 is just a drop in the bucket for a cruise, so we didn't bat an eye.  It was just part of the cost of travel, like airfare, pre/post hotels and meals, parking etc.   I recall meeting some cruisers that refused to sail to Bermuda because of the now removed Authorization fee.    

We were happy to finally get to Bermuda after 4 tries.  We were on the ill-fated Grandeur cruise (8/2019) that when it left the pier, immediately returned with some sort of mechanical problem.  Cruise ended several hours later, and we all had to get off the ship the same day we boarded.  (not an easy task for those of us who had to fly to port).    Then, of course, 2 tries during Covid that were cancelled.    Finally a  trip in May 2022. 

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

There is no application, $40 fee,  Covid testing, or Covid vaccination requirements currently . So that answers the question asked. No need for us to rehash the past

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Bermuda Govt did not test me upon arrival in May 2022.  So, I don't see how the $40pp we were required to pay was for testing.

The requirement for people arriving by cruise ship was to upload your test results within two days of sailing. The $40 pp fee was for processing the entry permit application which at the time we applied included both vax data and negative test results. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The requirement for people arriving by cruise ship was to upload your test results within two days of sailing. The $40 pp fee was for processing the entry permit application which at the time we applied included both vax data and negative test results. 

Thanks,  I couldn't recall the specifics.    Whatever, we gladly paid it to  be able to visit. 

M

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

There is no application, $40 fee,  Covid testing, or Covid vaccination requirements currently . So that answers the question asked. No need for us to rehash the past

Not re-hashing, just clarifying a misstatement. Very happy that all of the requirements were dropped because we have two cruises booked to Bermuda for later this year.

• Like 2

WOW didn't want to start a S&IT storm SORRY but doing bermuda for our june cruise and just wondering if I had to go through that again.

OH buy the way 40.00 pp x 2800 to 3100 people per ship bermuda raked in a ton of money when they did that and if royal went right past that island I would not give a flying F.!!!!!!!!!!!!