Accessible staterooms

laginog

Has anyone found a website that will show available accessible cabins?   We are wanting to do a balcony Panama Canal cruise, sometime in the beginning of 2024.  We are usually Royal Caribbean cruisers, but we are looking at any other cruise line than Carnival.   My elderly Mother doesn’t want to try Carnival.  Even a year in advance, the accessible balcony cabins seem to be gone.  I know that travel agents grab groups of cabins, and some may show up later.  But waiting is not good for us with both of us being disabled.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by laginog

I have found nothing other than going to each cruise line's website and searching.  

As an example, on the Ruby Princess (10 days from Ft Lauderdale) for Feb 28 2024 and also Feb 18 2024, their website shows 4 available balcony accessible staterooms that will accommodate 3 passengers for either of these dates.  

The Norwegian Gem on its March 1 2024 11 day sailing has at least one balcony accessible stateroom available. 

Concentrate on one or two cruiselines you would like to try and go to their websites and do dummy bookings on the dates that would work for you.   Make sure you indicate you need an accessible room and also that there are 3 passengers in the room.    This way at least you can narrow down accessible room availability.

Time is of the essense in booking accessible staterooms.   We often book over a year out.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, laginog said:

Has anyone found a website that will show available accessible cabins?   We are wanting to do a balcony Panama Canal cruise, sometime in the beginning of 2024.  We are usually Royal Caribbean cruisers, but we are looking at any other cruise line than Carnival.   My elderly Mother doesn’t want to try Carnival.  Even a year in advance, the accessible balcony cabins seem to be gone.  I know that travel agents grab groups of cabins, and some may show up later.  But waiting is not good for us with both of us being disabled.  Thanks for any suggestions!

There is no website that I have seen that will show accessible cabins, you just havevto check each individual sailing.

As for TA's holding cabins that is incorrect for at least Royal and Celebrity.  TA's only hold space and not actual rooms.  Actual staterooms do not get held unless there are names and a full deposit.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, laginog said:

It is a Catch 22 for those of us who are disabled.Bookings must be done two years in advance and we have no idea how we will be feeling in two years.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is a Catch 22 for those of us who are disabled.Bookings must be done two years in advance and we have no idea how we will be feeling in two years.

We've never booked an accessible room two years out.  And have had (mostly) no trouble booking an accessible room even six months before sailing.   But we are flexible on our dates, ship and itinerary.  We do typically book about a year out or a little more.   The more flexibility you have the better your chances will be of finding an accessible room closer to sailing.  Popular sailings sell out sooner.  

Plan B:  if you need to book out two years, book a cruise with a refundable deposit.  

• 1 month later...

We have also had pretty good luck getting accessible cabins with about 6 months lead time, 12 months on very popular routes. We cruise Celebrity. I just checked and they have all classes of cabin available for the early 2024 dates I checked. 

We love Celebrity - and if you have status on Royal Caribbean, it transfers to Celebrity. Just a thought.