NorthStar signup on Anthem

HERDFAN

When we get onboard on embarkation day, where do we go to signup for the North Star? I want to do it on a port day when there is something to sea besides ocean. It won't let me do it on the app. Sail in 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.

35 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

When we get onboard on embarkation day, where do we go to signup for the North Star? I want to do it on a port day when there is something to sea besides ocean. It won't let me do it on the app. Sail in 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.

You can do it on the app after you board. It won't let you do it now because you have to be connected to the ship's WiFi to do it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

See you there.  Just don't take my spot!  LOL. 

Looks like all the extended sessions are sold out. (not sure if I want the extended version anyway)  Do they open more of these once onboard?

You can sign up for extended (pay) prior to boarding. This will take you over the sides of the ship, plus up. The free version is when you get on board to book,  and those only go up and back down. I think they open new free slots daily. I have had it cancelled on me 3 times on the Ovation, so since I had OBC I opted for the extended on the Ovation in the South Pacific next month.

Edited by crzndeb

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

You can sign up for extended (pay) prior to boarding. This will take you over the sides of the ship, plus up. The free version is when you get on board to book,  and those only go up and back down. I think they open new free slots daily. I have had it cancelled on me 3 times on the Ovation, so since I had OBC I opted for the extended on the Ovation in the South Pacific next month.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah as I said, the extended version is sold out online already. I was wondering if they opened up more extended offerings once onboard. Sounds like it’s only the short ones though. That’s what you’re saying right?

5 hours ago, HERDFAN said:

Remember, there are 2 versions.  The free one is on port days and a charge of $25 (?) for the sea days version as it is longer and goes over the water from side to side. 

Reservations on the App It's such a pain.  They tell you that reservations open on about 8 AM each day, but in my last 3 cruises I have not been successful.  I get a notification that it's all booked up. I must be the slowest typist on the ship.😆 Never got a proper explanation from staff.  This past February sail, I basically went and stood by if cancellations.  Was successful. 

On my April Easter sail, I was raving about it to my family and could not wait to have them up on high and look out on both ship and port.  Not a chance.  Finally got so frustrated as the last port was Nasau that I had the D lounge concierge get me reservations for 4.  Beautiful sight of the ship and Nassau.

Ps.  My understanding is only once per cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once on board you may see some spots open up for the extended version due to cancellations.

If you decide to go for the free version, I believe the app shows new time slots every morning at 8 am.     

Another option:   If you go up to the north star sign in area they also have a wait list.    

I had made my reservation online and was told they didn't have me on the time/day I had picked so they asked if I could have a seat and see if everyone showed up.   Lucky for me, some people didn't show up so I was able to board for the time I had actually booked.  this was on Anthem in December. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Reservations on the App It's such a pain.  They tell you that reservations open on about 8 AM each day, but in my last 3 cruises I have not been successful.  I get a notification that it's all booked up. I must be the slowest typist on the ship.😆 Never got a proper explanation from staff.  This past February sail, I basically went and stood by if cancellations.  Was successful. 

I had the same issue you had and finally asked the loyalty ambassador.   He advised me to do an update to the royal app on my phone and as soon as I did that - open time slots showed up for the day.   

Yes, only once per cruise is what we were told too.

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

Remember, there are 2 versions.  The free one is on port days and a charge of $25 (?) for the sea days version as it is longer and goes over the water from side to side. 

On my April Easter sail, I was raving about it to my family and could not wait to have them up on high and look out on both ship and port.  Not a chance.  Finally got so frustrated as the last port was Nasau that I had the D lounge concierge get me reservations for 4.  Beautiful sight of the ship and Nassau.

Hello,

There are a couple of extra ways to (maybe) get a booking: If you are C&A Diamond (and above) or in a suite then your Concierge can make the booking for you; bookings are 'open' from 8.00am on the day and if the app is in revolt you can go to the sports hall on deck 15 (Seaplex) and make a booking in person there. The guys at the North Star 'taking the register' may be too busy to want to deal with making bookings, but you might be lucky when things are quiet.

Yes, it is supposedly only once per cruise but if the are extenuating circumstances (eg tipping down with rain and you cannot see anything as the thing has no wipers) you can have another one.

Regards,

Cublet