"Live" Sapphire Princess, 32 Days, Buenos Aires to LA, 3/5/23 to 4/6/23

LACruiser88

1 hour ago, suekel said:

A gentleman who is on-board posted a picture of new shower products.  He is elite so I am wondering if it's an elite thing or is it for all?

The below tiny bottles are the only extras we received in our bathroom.  Not sure if they were Elite amenities or not?  Where did he post photo?

20230309_234803.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The below tiny bottles are the only extras we received in our bathroom.  Not sure if they were Elite amenities or not?  Where did he post photo?

20230309_234803.jpg

On another site.  Are they replenishing them? Trying to figure if I need to pack my own shampoo and conditioner... these would be nice

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

20230309_234803.jpg

Are you in a full suite? We only received these when we were in a full suite.

8 hours ago, suekel said:

On another site.  Are they replenishing them? Trying to figure if I need to pack my own shampoo and conditioner... these would be nice

We are in a mini-suite.  We do not use them as we bring our own products.  You can have ours! 🙂

10 hours ago, suekel said:

Per our room steward, these are the only Elite amenities they currently have in stock.  Your room steward should be able to replenish if you are Elite or in a suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Per our room steward, these are the only Elite amenities they currently have in stock.  Your room steward should be able to replenish if you are Elite or in a suite.

Thank you so much.  I'm elite in a suite so I should be good.  Less to pack!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Is there anyway you can find out if this is just on the Sapphire?  I am Elite and love the L’occitane brand.  I leave this Friday on the Crown 28 day Tahiti cruise and would love to not pack shampoo and conditioner.  But I am not sure I should risk it since the regular shampoo destroys my hair.

Thanks!

P.S. Enjoying your thread!

Today we attended the MTG Luncheon.  The food and service were amazing!  Sorry, I was too busy talking to the Guest Services Director (he was seated next to me) and missed a photo of the appetizer.  The desert was delicious, one of the best we have had!

I need to correct my previous post re: how many passengers are staying on for the next voyage.  The GS Director advised that 1,000 passengers will be disembarking in Chile and approx the same number will be embarking for the voyage to Los Angeles.

20230310_132940.jpg

20230310_123355.jpg

20230310_130408.jpg

20230310_133510.jpg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, spingal said:

Is there anyway you can find out if this is just on the Sapphire?  I am Elite and love the L’occitane brand.  I leave this Friday on the Crown 28 day Tahiti cruise and would love to not pack shampoo and conditioner.  But I am not sure I should risk it since the regular shampoo destroys my hair.

Thanks!

P.S. Enjoying your thread!

Elite bathroom amenities discontinued.  Ships that have inventory will distribute what they have until supply exhausted.:(

11 minutes ago, that said:

Elite bathroom amenities discontinued.  Ships that have inventory will distribute what they have until supply exhausted.:(

And I don't think the folks on this ship will know what the inventory is like on the other ships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, that said:

They are not listed on the Princess website, either. I’m kinda sad.. it was finally going to be my turn to see what was in those little gold bags.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2023 at 12:57 PM, LACruiser88 said:

No gas, they are just pumping the air out.  That helps but not much.  They really should invest in Corvin's, but I don't see that happening.

We love that Embruix! It's our go-to at the Vines.

Hard to find that particular label at home.

• Like 2

Can you tell me if the Plus Package dessert cakes and gelato is being offered on the Sapphire? I've seen them offered at Gelatos on other ships but understand there is no Gelatos on Sapphire. Curious where to find these desserts, or if Sapphire's Plus Package desserts are limited to just the crazy ice cream sundaes. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

They are not listed on the Princess website, either. I’m kinda sad.. it was finally going to be my turn to see what was in those little gold bags.

Oh, they haven't had those little gold bags in forever.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, suekel said:

Oh, they haven't had those little gold bags in forever.  

Right, the bags are gone…but I was still hoping to receive what was in them. It won’t ruin my cruise without the extras, though.

I just feel like..I am finally making it to getting the highest level for loyalty and many of the perks seem to have disappeared recently. 

I am happy to be cruising and I’m just going to enjoy whatever benefits I do get in April. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Can you tell me if the Plus Package dessert cakes and gelato is being offered on the Sapphire? I've seen them offered at Gelatos on other ships but understand there is no Gelatos on Sapphire. Curious where to find these desserts, or if Sapphire's Plus Package desserts are limited to just the crazy ice cream sundaes. Thanks!

I'll have to look around as I have not seen them anywhere?  Maybe the ice cream venue by the pool?

We did get some ice cream the other day but did not notice any other items being offered.  Btw, the soft serve machines were not working and they were scooping vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

I'll have to look around as I have not seen them anywhere?  Maybe the ice cream venue by the pool?

We did get some ice cream the other day but did not notice any other items being offered.  Btw, the soft serve machines were not working and they were scooping vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream.

Same thing happened with the soft serve on our Dec. 2nd 33 day cruise.   Mostly the scoops.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:54 PM, LACruiser88 said:

20230309_234803.jpg

L'Occitane is a very nice skin care line - not overly fancy, but a good bonus nonetheless!

• Like 1

Going back to your great idea of hanging magnetic hooks from the ceiling to dry clothes.  What a great idea! I just went on Amazon to look for the hooks, but was overwhelmed by the choices.  I read a lot of reviews that said the weight claims in the description were way off.  Do you happen to remember which hooks you purchased.  (I know it's not likely, but I thought it was worth a try.)

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, new2cruise said:

Going back to your great idea of hanging magnetic hooks from the ceiling to dry clothes.  What a great idea! I just went on Amazon to look for the hooks, but was overwhelmed by the choices.  I read a lot of reviews that said the weight claims in the description were way off.  Do you happen to remember which hooks you purchased.  (I know it's not likely, but I thought it was worth a try.)

Thank you!

Here you go, bought them on Amazon.  They work great!

Screenshot_20230311-163055_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 4