20 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Here is the passenger count for this cruise:

Blue-           700

Gold-           308

Ruby-          222

Platinum-   520

Elite-            347

Total-   2,097

There are approx 1,700 passengers staying on for the b2b to Los Angeles.

wow, most are staying on.   That makes sense.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

We were happy last night at dinner (we are in the Savoy at a set table at 7 pm) to see that the Sapphire still has the "old" menus.  We are not ready for Mama's Lasagna!  🙂  As we overnighted in Buenos Aires the MDR was maybe at 50% capacity.

We are scheduled to depart at 6 pm today.  It appears that most passengers are going ashore.  We decided to stay onboard today.  Debbie is doing laundry (of her delicate items) and after having my morning cappuccino I'm going to the gym.  I can feel the waistline expanding after a week of no workouts!

Below are a few photos of our aft mini-suite and of our huge covered balcony.  There is also a photo of the view from our balcony.  We are docked in a cargo area and must be bused to the cruise terminal.

20230305_124755.jpg

20230305_124814.jpg

20230306_081333.jpg

20230306_081346.jpg

20230306_081409.jpg

• Like 6

We are frequently asked how we hang clothes to dry in our cabin.  Debbie will not let me send out what she considers delicate items and she prefers to hang dry them.

Magnetic hooks are great for this!

20230306_090000.jpg

• Like 4

Heads up, We tried to purchase the coffee package (old 15 coffee card) at $36 from the International Cafe this morning and were informed that starting with this cruise they are no longer available. Suggestion was to purchase the smoothie, juice and coffee package at around $39/day. I guess we'll just buy specialty coffee individually going forward!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I just had a nice chat with the Loyalty & Events Manager.  As far as milestone recognitions the program has been totally discontinued regardless of when your cruise was booked.

Below are the most traveled passenger sea days for this sailing:

1 - 2,194 days

2 - 1,879 days

3 - 887 days

The cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 377 days.

Below were the top 3 on the previous cruise:

1 - 790 days

2 - 742 days

3 - 507 days

We would have been #2 on the previous sailing.

19 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I just had a nice chat with the Loyalty & Events Manager.  As far as milestone recognitions the program has been totally discontinued regardless of when your cruise was booked.

Below are the most traveled passenger sea days for this sailing:

1 - 2,194 days

2 - 1,879 days

3 - 887 days

The cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 377 days.

Below were the top 3 on the previous cruise:

1 - 790 days

2 - 742 days

3 - 507 days

We would have been #2 on the previous sailing.

Just a correction the previous cruise you mentioned is actually the numbers from 2 cruises ago.   Very low numbers.  

Last cruise san antonio to BA numbers were as follow

3rd 522

2nd 597

1st 2180 ... they are staying on all the way to LA 

• Thanks 1

A few facts about Montevideo, Uruguay.   Nestled between the continent's two giants, Brazil and Argentina, Uruguay is the second smallest country in South America.  More than half of the country's population of three million reside in the capital of Montevideo.

It was extremely hot and humid today.  After about an hour of strolling thru the main pedestrian promenade we rushed back to the a/c on the ship.  Of course this was after buying 3 bottles of Argentinian wine at the modern and air conditioned super market.

20230307_105230.jpg

20230307_110447.jpg

20230307_110202.jpg

20230307_110709.jpg

20230307_110614.jpg

20230307_111319.jpg

20230307_111409.jpg

20230307_133929.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While we were there we walked over to the Andes Museum dedicated to the Rugby players that died in the plane crash in 1972.  Easy walk and interesting Museum.   We enjoyed walking the  city.   Would go back again. 

Edited by waltd
  • Like 1

The internet has been working really well for us and we have also been streaming Netflix with no issues.  I just ran a speed test, below.

Let's see how it does as we head south towards the Falklands...

Screenshot_20230307-152938_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

A few facts about Montevideo, Uruguay.   Nestled between the continent's two giants, Brazil and Argentina, Uruguay is the second smallest country in South America.  More than half of the country's population of three million reside in the capital of Montevideo.

It was extremely hot and humid today.  After about an hour of strolling thru the main pedestrian promenade we rushed back to the a/c on the ship.  Of course this was after buying 3 bottles of Argentinian wine at the modern and air conditioned super market.

Interesting country - kind of a bastion of stability nestled in between two notoriously unstable countries.

Very liberal, open society as well - becoming very popular with ex-pats lately.

• Like 2

We are going to be on the Sapphire in August.  What is the general condition of the ship, and how is the service at the bars and dining rooms?  I know she recently started sailing after the long pandemic related pause, and there were some growing pains at the restart.

Are you going to try out the Stirling Steakhouse?  If you are, I would love to hear your opinions...I have read mixed things on here about the quality of the steakhouse on Sapphire.

12 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

We are going to be on the Sapphire in August.  What is the general condition of the ship, and how is the service at the bars and dining rooms?  I know she recently started sailing after the long pandemic related pause, and there were some growing pains at the restart.

Are you going to try out the Stirling Steakhouse?  If you are, I would love to hear your opinions...I have read mixed things on here about the quality of the steakhouse on Sapphire.

Being one of the older ships in the fleet I would say that the general condition of the ship is very good.

On its way up for the Alaska season the Sapphire will go into a dry dock in Portland (Oregon) in mid April.  From what we have been told it will be for general maintenance, including cleaning and painting the hull.

The crew has been FANTASTIC!  They are friendly, happy and have gone out of their way to please.

Sorry, we do not care for the Sterling Steakhouse location and will not be dining there.  If we hear any good or bad comments about the steakhouse I'll let you know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1